Installation of storage doesn't allow me to open games.

Jun 17, 2022
Visit site
i have recently installed a m.2 ssd as a new boot drive, as i used to use my hdd. i have installed windows and games onto the ssd, and it works fine, but when i try to access certain games and files on the hdd it says there is no program to run it. the files have a curved arrow (shortcut i think) and is shaded in. how do i fix it so i can access the files on both the ssd and the hdd and be able to play the games that are installed onto the hdd.

do i need to reinstall windows or maybe the games?

note: i might still have windows downloaded on my hdd

Welcome to the forum :)

The HDD games were already on HDD when you installed Win on SSD, right? That won't work—to oversimplify, Windows doesn't know they're there.

An expert should be along soon to advise, but I'm pretty sure you need to reinstall the HDD games. Backup any HDD data you need to keep—documents, photos etc—then format the HDD and reinstall the HDD games.

But wait for more sure advice—good luck :)

Reactions: Frindis
Jun 17, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

The HDD games were already on HDD when you installed Win on SSD, right? That won't work—to oversimplify, Windows doesn't know they're there.

An expert should be along soon to advise, but I'm pretty sure you need to reinstall the HDD games. Backup any HDD data you need to keep—documents, photos etc—then format the HDD and reinstall the HDD games.

But wait for more sure advice—good luck :)

Ok thanks so much brian, yeh cause i have been chatting to some people about it on discord and was so confused. But yeh these were my games that was installed from windows on the hdd.

So are u saying that i will need to basically reinstall everything? Is there a way to like move it over? Like the smaller files? And then once it is all moved over i just clear the hdd?

TRENDING THREADS