Question i5 9600kf or AMD 5 3600 ?

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
i have :

GPU : 1660 super
SSD : Crucial p1 1Tb
RAM : Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16GB (2x8GB)

And now, should i get the i5 9600kf or the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 ? And wich wifi motherboard should i choose ?
My budget is around 1000$USD (1300$CAD)
Thank you :)

I think that was more or less covered here:

R5 3600 being the easy winner overall.

What did you think about those options?

If the motherboard doesn't itself have wifi you can get inexpensive PCIe cards, or even USB adapters. So you're not limited to picking mobos with onboard wifi.

If I was building a system right now out of those two for gaming I'd go with Ryzen 3600. You'd get an unnoticeable advantage in a few games from Intel, but going forwards you're getting double the threads from Ryzen.

Heres a good review pay attention to the minimum frames rather then the average. Understand that you'll notice dips more then 3 or 4 fps less average. Bad commentary from me there, shouldnt post in a rush. While the statement is true the 3600 is basically level on average with the 9600K according to Gamers Nexus

Heres TPU's results as well, they present an average across their whole suite of games, 10 in this case. At 2560x1440 the difference is less then 1% on average in Intels favour, at 1080p its less then 5 %. In non gaming tests the I5 offers 88% of the performance.

Just to clarify for you. I currently have an Intel 7700K, it was the best option at the time I bought it. I havent had an AMD CPU since a Duron 800 20 years ago. They are currently by far the best option as essentially they are offering comparable single thread (Per core) performance but with potentially double the overall performance (12 threads vs 6) for less money then Intel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oussebon

Zoid

Community Contributor
@Ft_albrt, as we have recommended in both of your other threads on the topic, the Ryzen 5 3600 is the clearly superior choice. You should choose a B450 motherboard, as we have also recommended. If you have questions about recommendations or want further information, it is best to keep that discussion in your existing topic rather than creating a new one.

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
If I was building a system right now out of those two for gaming I'd go with Ryzen 3600. You'd get an unnoticeable advantage in a few games from Intel, but going forwards you're getting double the threads from Ryzen.

Heres a good review pay attention to the minimum frames rather then the average. Understand that you'll notice dips more then 3 or 4 fps less average. Bad commentary from me there, shouldnt post in a rush. While the statement is true the 3600 is basically level on average with the 9600K according to Gamers Nexus

Heres TPU's results as well, they present an average across their whole suite of games, 10 in this case. At 2560x1440 the difference is less then 1% on average in Intels favour, at 1080p its less then 5 %. In non gaming tests the I5 offers 88% of the performance.

Just to clarify for you. I currently have an Intel 7700K, it was the best option at the time I bought it. I havent had an AMD CPU since a Duron 800 20 years ago. They are currently by far the best option as essentially they are offering comparable single thread (Per core) performance but with potentially double the overall performance (12 threads vs 6) for less money then Intel.
Thank you

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
@Ft_albrt, as we have recommended in both of your other threads on the topic, the Ryzen 5 3600 is the clearly superior choice. You should choose a B450 motherboard, as we have also recommended. If you have questions about recommendations or want further information, it is best to keep that discussion in your existing topic rather than creating a new one.
Thank you

TRENDING THREADS