Question I need help building a pc

May 3, 2020
Visit site
This is my first pc builds I would just like to know if these are good or if there are any changes that should be made if not just reassure me so I know I’m good to go

New PC

MSI B150 PC Mate ATX 1151 DDR4 Motherboard Intel

MEMORY RAM DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB DESKTOP SERVER LAPTOP Lot

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC GAMING 8GB GDDR6 very good condition

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124172008222

HARD DRIVE Internal 3.5" 1TB 2TB 3TB SATA HDD CCTV DESKTOP HDD PC DVR IMAC

250GB 500GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD - Samsung EVO 860 2.5"

Arctic Alpine 12 Compact Intel CPU Cooler, 95W 2000 RPM, LGA 1150/1151/1155/1156

Intel Core i7-8700K OEM CPU, 1151, Hex Core, 3.70GHz, 12MB, Coffee Lake, 95W

CiT Raider Gaming PC Case 4x Halo Spectrum RGB LED Fans Tempered Glass Panels

Total : £1100 / £1100

Don't but this. You can do way, way better for the money. Also those parts aren't compatible.

1) Your motherboard and CPU aren't compatible

2) buying 2nd hand when you have the budget not to is sometimes a false economy

3) some of those 2nd hand parts are the same price and worse performance than new parts

4) With one or two exceptions, you may get no warranty buying off marketplaces - if the part dies in 6 months, you're out of luck.

Examples: you are paying £380 for an i7 8700k off a marketplace (potential warranty issues) when an i7 9700k can be had from authorised resellers for £360. You're paying £410 for a used RTX 2070 when you can get a new RTX 2060 Super (almost identical performance) for less than £380. Or the even better RX 5700 XT for £360+.

What monitor are you gaming on? What resolution and refresh rate?

What games are you aiming to play, at what sort of settings?

Reactions: Zoid
May 3, 2020
Visit site
Can you suggest or link me all the parts I should get for under £1100 so I can get the best pc possible for the price also I would like to game at a very high resolution with good FPS in virtual reality and load games faster and I’m gaming at 1080p but very soon I will upgrade

MangoPop

BANNED
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Can you suggest or link me all the parts I should get for under £1100 so I can get the best pc possible for the price also I would like to game at a very high resolution with good FPS in virtual reality and load games faster and I’m gaming at 1080p but very soon I will upgrade

Ryzen 5 2600 | Fractal Design Celsius S36 All-In-One CPU cooler | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | GTX 1660 SUPER| Patriot Viper M.2 | Seasonic FOCUS GX-650

Without meaning to give offense, I would not buy the spec posted by @MangoPop

@enchantedf0rest Here's the problem: You wan tto buy a GPU now that is major overkill for 1080p gaming. You will buy a higher resolution monitor in ~12 months. By the time you do, your graphics card will have been replaced with newer, more powerful models for the same money.

So, you spend loads on a GPU. You don't get your money's worth now because your monitor bottlenecks the GPU. And you don't get your money's worth in the future because you could have bought something much better for the same price by the time you do actually harness its performance.

Do you have a PC currently? What is the full spec? Maybe you can just upgrade that and save up more to buy a balanced PC and monitor at the same time.

Or if you don't have a PC< we can suggest something more budget-friendly now, so you can uograde the GPU and monitor at the same time in the future without wasting too much cash overall.

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
To add to @Oussebon 's comment, in the case you might go for a more budget build, it could be helpful knowing what kind of games you want to play too. A PC that can run League of Legends in ultra settings won't need to be as powerfull as a PC that has to run a graphic or CPU intensive game on ultra settings.

A general suggestion: Always use PC partpicker to put together your build. It automatically checks if your build is compatible. Sometimes it will come with false positives or warnings you shouldn't need to worry about, but generally it works great as a check.

Reactions: Zoid and Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS