Mar 23, 2021
Hey everyone,
First time on and my first time posting. I bought a custom PC three weeks ago, should be here April 1st šŸ™. I just want to get some input on what you all think about it.
  • 10th Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-10700F processor(8-Core, 16M Cache, 2.9GHz to 4.8GHz)
  • Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
  • NVIDIAĀ® GeForce RTXā„¢ 3070 8GB GDDR6
  • 16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2933Mhz
  • 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
  • 500W Chassis with Bezel and Internal Lighting + Clear Door

I'll most likely bye another SSD or maybe HDD sometime soonish. Thanks in advance!!

Jan 15, 2020
Well, the basic requirement for a 3070 i believe is like 220w so itll work but a recommended power supply of 600 or so is suggested by different sites, i dont think its a problem now but if you are going to overclock and such, youre gonna want to upgrade that down the line as well.

Article link about power supplies for the 30xx series.

Mar 23, 2021
Well, the basic requirement for a 3070 i believe is like 220w so itll work but a recommended power supply of 600 or so is suggested by different sites, i dont think its a problem now but if you are going to overclock and such, youre gonna want to upgrade that down the line as well.

Article link about power supplies for the 30xx series.

O ok thanks a lot, I'll upgrade my PSU to be safe.

Sep 21, 2020
Get your self a power draw monitor. there are cheap ones around, i found this list, but i'd research first to see what fits your needs. They are great things too. they can help you figure out what things you need to have a breaker switch for basically killing the power on switch on the plug to stop the draw. Some electronics use super amounts of ghost power. People have dropped there power bill by 40-50-70+ dollars by unplugging/adding a switch to key things in their house. It's basically a great piece of tech to own. https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-electricity-usage-monitors

at any rate, my point is grab one of them. Use it to monitor your PC to see what kinda draw it is using, If you are maintaining under 500 and your comp runs smoothly don't bother with upgrading. Most things are not making out all the time anyway so typically your not going to use peak needs. Your comp might run in the 400 range most of the time, and the power draw monitor can help you figure that out. :)

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
500W seems a little low, even though it is probably is fine. However, the PSU is probably a low-quality OEM model, and for that reason alone you'll probably want to upgrade to a more reliable manufacturer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts