I could use a little advise please..?

Mar 7, 2022
Visit site
I'm doing my 1st PC build... probably at the worst time but, w/e. Trying to move up from my HP TG01-0022(?) I want to use it to play games like Apex Legends, Halo Infinite, Elden Ring, Forza Horizon 5 etc etc AAA shooter racing games, and maybe eventually some content creation. Turn my hobby into profit hopefully.
So far I have:
AeroCool Aero One white
Asus Tuf H670-PRO Wifi 12th gen mobo
MPG A750GF 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply
32 GB of Corsair PRO 3600 DDR4 Ram (white)
i7-12700K

Planning to get:
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240 Illusion White Edition AIO
2 TB M.2 SSD
2TB Sata internal SSD
Windows 11
Maybe 2 more fans for that extra RGB flavor.

Noticed something missing? Yep, ye olde GPU. Basically this is where I'm conflicted. I'm planning on harvesting my 1650 Super from my HP until I decide... that'll work, right?

I either want a 3070ti (from MSi, ASUS etc 3rd party OC cards)
Or maybe a 3060ti, budget option if I cant reuse my 1560S (3rd party OC card as well)

OR... what I REALLY wanna do... wait and see what Intel does... Any input or advice for a noob is GREATLY appreciated.

Reactions: Why_Me
Hi :)

Your 1650Super will work fine. Sounds like you already have everything in hand.

I'm waiting until later in the year for prices to hopefully become more sensible. Might be Intel has some good stuff and also might be Nvidia 4000 series is released before years end. So I'd suggest you do the same, unless youve got money burning a hole in your pocket and a desperate need to grab a card now.

Only thing is we have to pray our 750 Watts PSU's can handle the new generation of cards!

Reactions: Brian Boru
Mar 7, 2022
Visit site
So I ended up getting my build all done up and running on windows 11, but I'm not satisfied with my GPU performance. I want more... but I'm also trying to be patient and wait for the RTX 4070 series or Intels ARC 7. I've been really tempted to get an RTX 3050. Would it be a viable upgrade for now for about $400 or should I just be patient? All input welcome.

RTX 3050 is somewhere between a 1660Ti and a 2060. Roughly 40% faster than your card if you want the raw numbers.

Sounds a lot, and it would be noticeable, but really I dont think the 3050 is worth it. RT performance on cards at that level isn't very good for example.

Intel have cards coming out potentially in the summer, Nvidia have rumoured new cards in autumn, AMD rumoured to be slightly later but not too long.

If you want a card to perform very well for several years, you'd be better off waiting. If its very important right now go ahead.

The third way, you could sell the 1650 Super add that into the current budget, get whatever the fastest card that allows you to get is now. Potentially then just upgrade again the same way next time around when the next gen arrives.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS