Question HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless or HyperX Cloud 3

Aug 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm just watching at new gaming headset because i used my hyperx cloud alpha s for about 3 years. So i'm looking for new headset and i want to choose headset between HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless or Hyperx Cloud 3 Wireless. I just can't find which one is better between them so i decided to ask here. Please help me which one is better to buy.

Differences -
Driver in Cloud 3 is 3mm bigger
Frequency response of Cloud 3 is 10 to 21 Khz wheres the Alpha starts at 15 to 21Khz (so cloud 3 can hear lower volumes than the Alpha)
Alpha headphones need more power to drive to higher volumes than the Cloud 3, sensitivity on Alpha is 103 compared to 111 on Cloud 3. Cloud 3 might seem louder in other words. Louder doesn't necessarily mean better.

Microphone on Alpha is bi directional whereas Cloud 3 is uni directional... (uni directional means it only moves one way (or could be it only picks up sound from one direction)) Both have noise cancelling.

Battery life on Alpha is up to 300 hours whereas cloud shows 120 hours.
Weights are difficult to compare as one website uses Metric and the other is US. Blames Google.

Everything else is more or less the same.

Cloud Alpha

Cloud 3

Cloud 3 are newer but from I can tell they don't sound as good. One person reported they sound flat and returned them after a week.

The main difference here is the price, the cloud 3 only costs $AUD279 whereas the Alpha costs $AUD319 so you get better sound and bigger battery for the price.

TO me, I would pay extra for the battery and sound.

Last edited:
Even after getting it to work properly I'm not that thrilled with my wired Cloud 3 which goes through a DAC. The HyperX headsets have never had top-flight sound, but I got it for the great microphone. I've never tried the wireless or the Alpha, but if presented with this choice, I'd probably try the Alpha.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts