Storing Gaming Activity In The Cloud

Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
I'm think of buying some cloud storage for general use, but also to store gaming activity like videos and screenshots.

I love saving videos and I even post a few now and then to various media outlets.

Previously, I had always used external hard drives but the last several years I have had some bad luck with them.

Of the last 5 I've had, 3 of them have "gone bad" on me.

So I was think of buying a substantial amount of space in the cloud.

I was thinking Google or Microsoft OneDrive, I'm just not sure what is the best deal and best for other reasons as well.

Google has 2TB for $10 a month. I don't think I would use that much but it comes with several perks.

OneDrive, on the other hand, is 1TB a month $7 a month and comes with Office Suite (which I could use).

Any opinions or suggestions?

I have OneDrive as part of 365, but have always used hosting for my external storage since we need it for biz anyway. OneDrive integration with Windows File Manager is probably handy, dunno if other services have that.

Some other ideas:

Reactions: Pifanjr and Zloth
Nov 19, 2023
Visit site
I have OneDrive as part of 365, but have always used hosting for my external storage since we need it for biz anyway. OneDrive integration with Windows File Manager is probably handy, dunno if other services have that.

Some other ideas:

The reasons you stated are some of the same reason why I am leaning toward OneDrive.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 3, 2023
Visit site
I'm think of buying some cloud storage for general use, but also to store gaming activity like videos and screenshots.

I love saving videos and I even post a few now and then to various media outlets.

Previously, I had always used external hard drives but the last several years I have had some bad luck with them.

Of the last 5 I've had, 3 of them have "gone bad" on me.

So I was think of buying a substantial amount of space in the cloud.

I was thinking Google or Microsoft OneDrive, I'm just not sure what is the best deal and best for other reasons as well.

Google has 2TB for $10 a month. I don't think I would use that much but it comes with several perks.

OneDrive, on the other hand, is 1TB a month $7 a month and comes with Office Suite (which I could use).

Any opinions or suggestions?
I believe the OneDrive with additional software is the way to go. Features on Cloud Storage that aren't needed, in comparison to software you'd use for years and years, is the deal. Be sure to see if you cancel your subscription with OneDrive, if you would lose access to your Office Suite functionality. You may have access to basic features, etc, so please read the details.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts