Question HP Omen vs Dell Inspiron

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site
I'm looking for a computer and I narrowed it down to two. I plan on using my laptop for architecture classes, photo editing, and light gaming. I read about both of these laptops and they seem promising. Which one do you guys think is the better purchase?

Of the two, the HP. More powerful hardware (CPU and GPU) by quite a lot.

The Dell has a 4k screen, but that's arguably somewhat wasted at 15.6". It also doesn't end up all that much lighter due to the glass touchscreen, which adds back a certain amount of weight. I have a different Dell Inspiron that has a similar design, and while I used the touchscreen because it has one, I could happily live without it.

While it's a '2 in 1' it's damn heavy to use as a tablet - and mine's the 13" version, nevermind what a 15.6" would be like.

So, the Dell's spec is a lot weaker, while the things it offers instead are frankly not going to be all that attractive to most people. Therefore, the HP is my firm recommendation between them,

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site
Of the two, the HP. More powerful hardware (CPU and GPU) by quite a lot.

The Dell has a 4k screen, but that's arguably somewhat wasted at 15.6". It also doesn't end up all that much lighter due to the glass touchscreen, which adds back a certain amount of weight. I have a different Dell Inspiron that has a similar design, and while I used the touchscreen because it has one, I could happily live without it.

While it's a '2 in 1' it's damn heavy to use as a tablet - and mine's the 13" version, nevermind what a 15.6" would be like.

So, the Dell's spec is a lot weaker, while the things it offers instead are frankly not going to be all that attractive to most people. Therefore, the HP is my firm recommendation between them,

Thanks, the only reason i considered the Dell was because of the 4k screen and the i7 processor is better, but the Omens graphic card is better.

The i7 processor is not better. It is a -U series processor - it has 4 cores, 8 threads, and although the maximum boost speed is 4.9GHz, under load it will only sustain that for very brief periods before dropping down to a much lower speed. Versus the HP's Ryzen 4800H, which competes (and often wins) against Intel's more powerful H series mobile processors.

They're in different classes, with the Ryzen being a significantly more powerful CPU.

Jul 26, 2020
Visit site
The i7 processor is not better. It is a -U series processor - it has 4 cores, 8 threads, and although the maximum boost speed is 4.9GHz, under load it will only sustain that for very brief periods before dropping down to a much lower speed. Versus the HP's Ryzen 4800H, which competes (and often wins) against Intel's more powerful H series mobile processors.

They're in different classes, with the Ryzen being a significantly more powerful CPU.

Without a doubt i7, I will never buy AMD again, the last tower I built looked like a stove.

TRENDING THREADS