How Do I Fix Packet Loss In Call Of Duty: Warzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2020
Visit site
Hi
When I play in CS:GO PUBG or Apex i have low latency and 0% packet loss.
When I play CoD Warzone i have low latency but +20% packet loss and i have lag
i have good PC and internet
anyone have an idea what to do about it?

[Mod edit: OP, please message a moderator if you need this thread reopened.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cdv-kun10

Zoid

Community Contributor
@Viderr you're not the only one having trouble with packet loss in CoD Warzone. It's a known issue at the moment, probably server side.

Might sound weird, but do you have a mobile hostpot? If so, try connecting it and playing through your mobile hotspot instead of your home network and see if you get better packet loss results that way.

Reactions: Frindis
Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
So i have done about everything there is to do , i have done stuff on command prompt , uninstall and install the game 5 times , put settings to super low with a RTX 2070 and it still didnt work , And the problem is only in warzone , i have 0% Packet loss in multiplayer But i get 300% Packet loss in warzone with 20 ping , Im down to try anything there is that i can do so Please help me out lol

Zoid

Community Contributor
So i have done about everything there is to do , i have done stuff on command prompt , uninstall and install the game 5 times , put settings to super low with a RTX 2070 and it still didnt work , And the problem is only in warzone , i have 0% Packet loss in multiplayer But i get 300% Packet loss in warzone with 20 ping , Im down to try anything there is that i can do so Please help me out lol
I wish I could offer you something more useful than this, but as near as anyone can tell, it's not you, it's them. There are loads of people reporting packet loss issues around the world, so it's not an ISP issue. You've tried uninstall reinstall and changing game settings (which shouldn't make a difference anyway), and more importantly you don't have packet loss issues in other games.

This is almost certainly a problem with the Warzone servers, and unfortunately it looks like Activision is dragging their heels on addressing it. This would hardly be the first time Activision has failed to live up to multiplayer demand at launch. They have a history of low-balling their servers and then having issues over the first month of gameplay.

This is almost certainly a problem with the Warzone servers, and unfortunately, it looks like Activision is dragging their heels on addressing it. This would hardly be the first time Activision has failed to live up to multiplayer demand at launch. They have a history of low-balling their servers and then having issues over the first month of gameplay.
I reckon it does not help that this game is being fked over with hackers. They have some of the worst anti-cheat I have ever seen and most likely that is also taking a toll on the servers!

Reactions: Zoid
Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
hey @Zoid i tried the hotspot method and it worked for me
but i don't have a big data plan so i won't be able to continue like that on my mobile hotspot
any idea on why is it like this or if it's a problem with my modem/router and is there a more permanent solution ?

Zoid

Community Contributor
hey @Zoid i tried the hotspot method and it worked for me
but i don't have a big data plan so i won't be able to continue like that on my mobile hotspot
any idea on why is it like this or if it's a problem with my modem/router and is there a more permanent solution ?
I really don't know why the packet loss issues are solved by using a mobile hotspot. There must be some kind of weirdness going on with Activision's servers, maybe between them and your ISP? I'm not sure what's happening, but a couple more things you could try would be playing while connected to a VPN, and setting up port forwarding. If neither of those helps then I'm about out of suggestions I'm afraid.

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I'm seeing the same issue off and on in WarZone. It's Activision's servers and all the people playing. I've got 119mbps both ways and I have played nearly 1,000 matches of WZ. The packet loss comes and goes but seems to occur during high traffic times. Activision needs to either increase their server farms size, add more bandwidth or both. I haven't run WireShark to perform a packet capture but I think I will and see if I can gain any more info on the problem.

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
I reckon it does not help that this game is being fked over with hackers. They have some of the worst anti-cheat I have ever seen and most likely that is also taking a toll on the servers!
Fairly certain their idea of anti-cheat is the players that have integrity reporting cheaters and then doing a manual review. And last I heard it's not an IP address ban so all they have to do is make a new account. So it doesn't fix anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS