Question How are these Parts for a 400$ PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Hey Guys I am thinking of buying myself some cheap parts to make myself a 400$ PC, I have never built a PC before and dont know if I will succeed therefore I dont want. to put to much money into it, here are my parts, all I need is a Second opinion from you. Please tell me if there are better parts on amazon for only a few bucks more or even for less.
Thanks Have a nice day.

Parts:
Also does the thermal glue come with the core?

Reactions: AdvanceCoolin
You should be aware that the graphics on the CPU aren't very powerful. They're good by the standards of integrated graphics, but they're still integrated graphics.

This is apparently someone running Warzone on a 3200G, 720p low settings, and getting ~30-40fps
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwDTBYvOlw

Even accounting for any performance loss due to the fact they recorded it, this is low performance.

If your thinking is to build it, see if it works, and then upgrade it in short order if you want more performance, that might not be the best plan. Because you'll have spent $130 or whatever on the 3200G only to then add a dedicated GPU and possibly replace it as a CPU too. Whereas spending a little more now you could just buy something that'll keep you happier for a lot longer. e.g. a 3300x CPU and a GTX 1650 / RX 570 GPU. I don't know that this is your thinking of course, but a lot of people seem to do this with their first PCs and end up wasting money, so I mention it just in case :)

Reactions: Joseph and Zoid
Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the help I think i will keep it the same then upgrade it and add a graphix card, this is my first build and I dont want it to be to hard but I will definetly upgrade thanks for the help, anything about the fans or mother board???

Don't buy this and then upgrade it :(

The R3 3200G costs what it does because it has integrated graphics. You are paying a premium for (quite weak) integrated graphics.

If you then replace them with a dedicated graphics card, you have wasted the money you spent on the integrated graphics.

All you're left with is a $130 CPU that is a lot weaker than other $130 CPUs - which you might soon want to upgrade too.

This is the trap that so many people seem to fall into.

Adding a dedicated GPU doesn't make the build much more complicated. Adding a graphics card to a system is one of the easiest bits. Clip it in, tighten 2 screws, plug in 1 cable.

Reactions: Zoid
Yes. For instance if you got a Ryzen 3 3300x (if you can find one in stock) or even a 3100 if you really can't get a 3300X. And then an RX 570 as the GPU.

The total price of the system might be ~$130 more. Although if you were going to buy a ~$130-$150 GPU soon after building the system anyway, then it's cost-neutral.

And the performance would be many, many, many times better in games like Fortnite and Warzone (and any other game) than with a 3200G and its integrated graphics.

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
I also have a few questions.
  1. do i need to get a wifi adapter or can I plug a LAN cable to my PC and it will work.
  2. If I get a graphix card will it fit into my mother board 100%
  3. if I get rid of the rizen 3 that comes with the cooler do i need to get more coolers or are 2 extra ones enought.
  4. does the thermal glue come with the CPU?
  5. thankyou in advance

Reactions: Oussebon

Zoid

Community Contributor
@THORLLAMAS what is your overall budget? Can you increase it by about $140 (maybe by saving up for another month or two), or do you have to stick to $400?

I also have a few questions.
  1. do i need to get a wifi adapter or can I plug a LAN cable to my PC and it will work.
  2. If I get a graphix card will it fit into my mother board 100%
  3. if I get rid of the rizen 3 that comes with the cooler do i need to get more coolers or are 2 extra ones enought.
  4. does the thermal glue come with the CPU?
  5. thankyou in advance
  1. You can plug an ethernet cable directly into your motherboard for hardwired internet. You only need a wifi adapter if you want wifi and your motherboard doesn't have it onboard.
  2. Yes, all graphics cards will fit into your motherboard. The connections are standardized.
  3. I think you're asking if you need to buy a CPU cooler? No, you can use the one that comes with the CPU. You may or may not need to buy additional case fans. Most cases come with at least a fan or two.
  4. Yes, most CPU coolers come with thermal paste already applied.

Reactions: Oussebon
Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Yes. For instance if you got a Ryzen 3 3300x (if you can find one in stock) or even a 3100 if you really can't get a 3300X. And then an RX 570 as the GPU.

The total price of the system might be ~$130 more. Although if you were going to buy a ~$130-$150 GPU soon after building the system anyway, then it's cost-neutral.

And the performance would be many, many, many times better in games like Fortnite and Warzone (and any other game) than with a 3200G and its integrated graphics.
Couldnt find any 3300X that were in stock but I found a AMD RYZEN 3 core 4 here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/AMD-8-Thread...&keywords=ryzen+3+3300x&qid=1601390828&sr=8-1

Reactions: Zoid
Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Thankyou very much I am just very scrared that I might buy the peaces but then they wont fit in my case or maybe I am missing something, do you think everything in my list would fit? also do you know any website that shows if the peices are compatible with other peices?

also do you know any website that shows if the peices are compatible with other peices?

Yes, PC Partpicker does that :)

But even at a glance, your system looks like it will be compatible. You're not buying a huge air cooler, or a massive graphics card, or whatever. It looks like everything should fit fine.

One thing though:

This case looks like it has very poor airflow. You want the case to have some airflow, usually pulling air in from the front of the case, over the graphics card, motherboard, and CPU area, and exhausting out the back of the case. That Cylon case has a totally closed-up front, which means even with fans at the front it will not move much air. Cases with mesh at the front rather than a solid panel are often - not always, but often - better for airflow.

Something like this would be a lot better, while being about the same price:

As for the graphics card something like this:

would be a good entry level card, and will do well in things like Fortnite and Warzone.

Or something like this, which has a bit more performance (maybe ~20% more) but is a bit more expensive:

The RX 570 is fine if you want to avoid increasing costs further :) Just presenting the 1650 Super as an option.

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
Ok so I changed my CPU from a ryzen 3200 to a rizen 3100 but this time it is cheaper because it dosent come with a intergrated GPU, I also am getting a seperate GPU and finnaly my case didint have enought air flow room at the front so I got a new one.

Sep 29, 2020
Visit site
OK great but right now my cart stands at 749$ I need that to go to 500$ maximum if I can 450$ do you guys have any ideas on what I can replace to make it cheaper?

I put the build into Partpicker and this is what I got:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($114.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($67.47 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($46.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 570 4 GB Phantom Gaming D Video Card ($143.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.49 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart RGB 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $558.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-29 11:38 EDT-0400

What you find with Amazon, especially with the pandemic, is that when something is out of stock or hard to find, marketplace sellers up the price a lot and try to overcharge people.

I guess if Amazon don't offer the best prices for a particular component, buy it elsewhere or buy something similar that they do sell.

Reactions: THORLLAMAS and Zoid
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS