Help Pc Over heating!

May 31, 2024
Visit site
I have looked through the threads but i cannot find a soulution, The second my cores go on more than 25% load it spikes to 80 degrees.

So for some context this is a brand spaking new pc, i have a 360mm AIO, i removed the plastic cover applied thermal paste, i took it of and it spread fine, might be a bit to much, connected the pump to the correct mobo Pins, AIO Fans connected, Both work.

I am runing the Ryzen 7 7700...

So I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG.

May 27, 2024
Visit site
How do you have the radiator oriented in your case? Is it in the top or the front? If it's in the front, are the tubes at the top or bottom of the radiator as you have it installed?

Reactions: Brian Boru
I have looked through the threads but i cannot find a soulution, The second my cores go on more than 25% load it spikes to 80 degrees.

So for some context this is a brand spaking new pc, i have a 360mm AIO, i removed the plastic cover applied thermal paste, i took it of and it spread fine, might be a bit to much, connected the pump to the correct mobo Pins, AIO Fans connected, Both work.

I am runing the Ryzen 7 7700...

So I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG.
I don't own that CPU, but from everything I'm reading, this is perfectly normal.

May 31, 2024
Visit site
Its in the top air flowing inn to the case, and another fan blowing it out. So airflow should not be a problem

The only thing i can suspect is that there is not enough pressure on the cpu, but the finger screw wont go anny tighter...
How do you have the radiator oriented in your case? Is it in the top or the front? If it's in the front, are the tubes at the top or bottom of the radiator as you have it installed?

May 27, 2024
Visit site
Its in the top air flowing inn to the case, and another fan blowing it out. So airflow should not be a problem

The only thing i can suspect is that there is not enough pressure on the cpu, but the finger screw wont go anny tighter...
I would recommend checking the torque for your cooler. Thumb screws are for convenience. They're not guaranteed to give your optimal torque spec by just screwing them in until you can't do it anymore with your hands. Are the thumb screws not keyed for a screwdriver?

May 31, 2024
Visit site
I would recommend checking the torque for your cooler. Thumb screws are for convenience. They're not guaranteed to give your optimal torque spec by just screwing them in until you can't do it anymore with your hands. Are the thumb screws not keyed for a screwdrive
The screws are not keyed, fyi i have te ML360L.

May 31, 2024
Visit site
You didn't say 89 degrees. You said 80. There's a large difference there. If it was a typo and you meant 89 degrees, then there's potentially a problem.
Mb, it was a typo. Yes but even thought it was only 80 degrees i feal like it would still be a issue right? Its a lot, esspesialy 89....?

May 27, 2024
Visit site
After doing some more reading, I've come to agree with Zed's first reply. It looks like the 7000 series chips are designed to run hot. They target ~95° C as a constant operating temp, so your AIO will let it get about that high before kicking on. You can change this behavior by setting a custom fan curve, but if this is what AMD says is fine, then it's their problem if your chip dies under their stated safe operating temps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts