Help with 360mm aio

Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi guys

I’m looking for a new aio to replace my msi k240 aio since the fans and pumps are unbelievably loud even at balanced performance. This results in me running it on silent which is making my cpu sit around 70 degrees and even then the things loud as hell.

I’ve looked around on websites and YouTube videos and I’ve come to the consensus that the best brands for aio areCorsair, Nzxt and Lian li. From the little research I have done the Lian Li Galahad SL Edition seems like the quietest one out the lot with the specifications saying it’s pump noise is less than 20 dba, but then again I have no idea.

Price isn’t an issue for me I just want a quiet yet cool 360mm aio .

Thanks for your help

what specs of PC? What CPU?

It seems every website has a different answer.

search for quiet and half results are Bequiet. It is in the name I guess.

you could replace fans with noctuas, then there noise is fixed... but not the pump

I have a Corsair H100i, I can't say I ever hear its pump... not that I can tell anyway. Corsair show up in most lists of quiet.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
what specs of PC? What CPU?

It seems every website has a different answer.

search for quiet and half results are Bequiet. It is in the name I guess.

you could replace fans with noctuas, then there noise is fixed... but not the pump

I have a Corsair H100i, I can't say I ever hear its pump... not that I can tell anyway. Corsair show up in most lists of quiet.
So the cpu I’m running is the i5 11600k.

would you say that the H150i is an improvement? Because I know that a 360mm seems overkill but everywhere I look I don’t see much of a price difference and I’ll probably upgrade in the future.

i only have a 240mm on a 3600xt, I don't have a problem with overkill
I hardly ever hear the AIO fans, mainly as they were on quiet plan too. For 2 years my case fans were set up wrong, I had 2 140mm fans in the roof I thought here exhausts, but all along were intakes. That explained why my front AIO never got dirty... and why I could run in quiet mode the entire time as AIO just looked after the CPU. I only found out in the last 2 weeks when I replaced 3 case fans with Noctuas and suddenly things didn't work as before. Even now with a custom plan to make sure it helps more than itself on front, I still can't hear any fans in my except the GPU if it spins up.

With 3 x 120mm fans, you should be fine cooling anything. although, if its exhaust above say a 4090 it might cook CPU a little.

Is it in roof or intake on front?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 5, 2023
Visit site
i only have a 240mm on a 3600xt, I don't have a problem with overkill
I hardly ever hear the AIO fans, mainly as they were on quiet plan too. For 2 years my case fans were set up wrong, I had 2 140mm fans in the roof I thought here exhausts, but all along were intakes. That explained why my front AIO never got dirty... and why I could run in quiet mode the entire time as AIO just looked after the CPU. I only found out in the last 2 weeks when I replaced 3 case fans with Noctuas and suddenly things didn't work as before. Even now with a custom plan to make sure it helps more than itself on front, I still can't hear any fans in my except the GPU if it spins up.

With 3 x 120mm fans, you should be fine cooling anything. although, if its exhaust above say a 4090 it might cook CPU a little.

Is it in roof or intake on front?
The aio is on the roof and it’s an exhaust

TRENDING THREADS