Question Help needed with upgrading graphics cards not working.

Welcome to the forum :)

I don't see power supply or case info in those specs, our experts will want to know when they drop by. It's quite an old system, so don't get your hopes up.

Note to expert, this in storage:
Partition 2
Size: 529 MB
Used Space: 447 MB (84%)
Free Space: 82 MB (16%)

No drive letter assigned, unlike Partition 1 which is C:

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

I don't see power supply or case info in those specs, our experts will want to know when they drop by. It's quite an old system, so don't get your hopes up.

Note to expert, this in storage:
Partition 2
Size: 529 MB
Used Space: 447 MB (84%)
Free Space: 82 MB (16%)

No drive letter assigned, unlike Partition 1 which is C:
The power supply is only 550w and the brand is b-vigor

COLGeek

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
How old is it and what is it's exact model number?

Is this it?

If so, it is of very questionable quality and is likely the problem causing your 1660 Super to fail when under load.

Also, given the age of your system, the motherboard could have some compatibility issues with the much newer 1600-series GPU.
Yeah the bios is legacy and I can't change it and I don't know what motherboard to get with my PC specs and I will also upgrade the power supply but I also don't know what to upgrade to could you help me?

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
How close is the nearest Microcenter to where you live?

About 20 minutes from me since I'm on long island

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
Update the device driver

In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.

Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you’d like to update.

Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

Select Update Driver.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

COLGeek

About 20 minutes from me since I'm on long island
Go there and talk to the in-residence geeks. They can help you stretch your dollars. For example:

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS