Headphone random conversation

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Yes it was that link you've posted and it says don't repair or disassemble but that might be for other reasons like warranty and if you've seen the replacement batteries you have checked it out.

I just dislike this idea that when a battery is end of life and it can be after 500 charges which with daily use may only be less than two years.

Reactions: Brian Boru
KTtBU3b.jpeg

R6 Pro 2, BTR7, Samsung Galaxy S10 for scale

Not perfect yet. Tidal being a pain to get to logon and Firmware won't find the latest version. Its odd, I can see latest version on PC but if I go to site on DAP, it only sees 1.30 which already took 4 tries to get on. Did a few system resets in that time, then I worked out part of update fixed USB and I had it plugged in charging. Let it almost get full power and tried one last time.
Put google music on so I could hear it... had it 4 hours, only on 2nd song. I don't need high gain, medium is enough. I haven't tried class A yet.

note: the latest version on PC is for the R6 Gen 3, not my model... it took me a while to work that out.

Last edited:
Yes I'm still getting used to this Bluesound Node. I like it because I don't have to worry about battery drain.

I asked the sales guy in the Hi Fi shop and he'd used one and had the app on his phone. It hasn't got great bluetooth range but I specifically asked him about connecting to two specific online radios. He reckoned there wouldn't be a problem, but both aren't available in my country. I can get them on my PC though.

It did take a while to get used to and set up, and am still exploring the possibilities, finding new stations etc.

Someone asked about audio drivers on win 11, asked about settings... one thing led to another and I been listening to my Focal headphones for last few hours.
I don't think they have ever run out of battery, but they really don't get a lot of use. Need to listen loud to hear them best. They don't have as much bass as my other headphones either.

I wonder if anyway to attach them to my new DAP. I have my doubts, they have their own DAC integrated into headphones, and if plugged into a DAP run at 100% volume. It can't be changed. Shame, they might not get a lot of use.
I don't think they can be attached via line out. They still work attached to PC, so I have that. They could be what I listen to at home...

Would I have got all this stuff if I hadn't bought Bathys? Something had to start the ball rolling. Shame I bought it all in wrong order. It was only after I got BTR7 and IEM that I thought I could replace phone completely... the phone itself was only new when I got them both so it was how I had been listening to music for about 10 years so it made sense at time.

I don't think any of it was a waste of money, they all good for something... just have to find a niche.

might need to find a inexpensive soft USB C cable. Of reasonable length. I don't need a charging cable as a lot of those have stiff connectors and are annoying to use attached to my headphones. I have one already.

This time a week ago I had just realised my new DAP was dead. A firmware update had turned it into a black brick with a blue light. So after a lot of swearing I arranged a replacement and after a week I can see the new one is on its way to my local mail centre but as its Friday night, I won't get it until about 3pm on Monday. The thing that broke it won't happen again - the shop has updated it to latest firmware. Shame I know there will be a new one in coming months, they adding more features.

Most of last week I didn't want to know about audio reviews, it was too painful. Now I can watch them again.
I want to try MSEB (Magic 8 Ball) - its a way to tune sound like Graphic Equalizers but its slightly easier to understand.
Its built into my DAP.

Overall temp - ranges from cool/Bright to Warm/Dark
Bass extension - Light to Deep
Bass texture - Fast to thumpy
Note thickness - Crisp to thick
Voice - Recessed/Crisp to Forward/radio edit
Female Overtones - detoxed to intoxicating
Sibilance LF - Soft to crisp
Sibilance HF - Soft to Crisp
Impulse response - slow/Musical to Fast/Hard
Air - Soft to Crisp

those are from player, below explains them in more detail.
MageSound 8-ball (MSEB):

1 -- Overall Temperature is a tilt of the whole line towards treble (cool) or bass (warm)
2 -- Bass extension 70Hz and below
3 -- Bass texture 100Hz (medium)
4 -- Note thickness 200Hz (wide)
5 -- Vocals 650Hz (very wide)
6 -- Female overtones 3kHz (tight)
7 -- Sibilance LF 5.8kHz (medium)
8 -- Sibilance HF 9.2kHz (medium)
9 -- Impulse response 7.5kHz (very wide)
10 - Air 10kHz sloped all the way to 20kHz
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...me-subjective-thoughts-about-hiby-mseb.10385/
Has 3 levels of adjustment - Fine tuning, Medium Tuning, Excessive tuning

Now when I hear someone describe things as Warm, I might have some idea what they mean as I can set DAP to demonstrate it.

I never got a chance last week. I only heard about 10 songs on it at most. It sounded good enough that I didn't need any adjustments.

I need to pick up an sdcard reader at same time I get sdcard just so I can put music onto it from PC. I could just attach DAP to PC via Wifi or USB and do that

Last edited:
I used to have a Sony NW-A306 and it sounded amazing. But listening to 192khz music put everything else to shame and I couldn't get many albums at that quality. I ended up not using it very much and sold it.
It is easy enough to find them on tidal now. Most of the albums I have collected in there seem to be about that. Some are lower. Some don't make sense to be Hi res... The Ramones still sounds the same.

Sony music players have always sounded good, had a few over the years. Think my minidisc was a Sony since they were the ones pushing idea. I avoided them this time around as I heard their units in my region are lower powered than other regions.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
i had a problem logging into Tidal on my DAP last week, kept calling me a bot... said I was typing to fast to be human... I for one know that is unlikely. I am really fast at hitting the wrong keys, so maybe.

I was waiting to see if the replacement does the same but I just found out the Hiby music app that is built into the player has tidal integration... its on the google play store so I put it on my phone, tried to find tidal in app... wasn't in an obvious place but it appears to work. It took a while to import my library so at first it could just see the home page... which is hardly useful.

tidal app worked on phone already. I was just looking.

If I struggle to get logon working on DAP, there is another way. Hiby Music App can act as a server. I can set phone to stream audio to the DAP. I would prefer not to have to carry phone around all the time though. I want to download my play lists onto DAP storage so I am not constantly online. When I go for walks...

Can't do that until I buy the sd card. I know one of my old phones has an sdcard in it but not sure I know which one. Easier to get a new one, its going to be faster anyway.

I was curious how much of the 64gb of internal storage would be free, and not used by OS... On mobiles you don't get it all. System uses 15gb of my Samsungs S23's storage for instance. it doesn't matter when you have 256gb of storage but its noticeable when you only have 64gb.
I see when i get it I guess.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts