Halo Infinite

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
Calling Multiplayer a Beta than adding nothing on release is a fail that shows you care more about polishing micro transactions and making money than anything on the game. We don't care about $15 skins we want to play more than 8 maps and 3 bad new game modes. No swat, snipers, forge, co-op campaign... the things that MAKE HALO.

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
It’s pretty crazy how the gaming market has changed over the past 20 years. I don’t buy add ons but I’m sure many people do. I’ve been looking forward to playing this new Halo game and I was super surprised when I heard the multiplayer was free, makes sense there is a catch.

How is the gameplay?

Reactions: Withywarlock
Calling Multiplayer a Beta than adding nothing on release is a fail

I wasn't following the beta, but if it's anything like modern ones for modern shooters it's more a stress test or demo more than anything. It's certainly not like the days of the Halo 3 beta where, at least to begin with, it was extremely limited unless you bought a copy of Crackdown (one of its main selling points) and was one of the Xbox 360's key points in its history.

that shows you care more about polishing micro transactions and making money than anything on the game.

Neither of us know enough about how Microsoft handles things to say whether or not this is 343 Industries or Games Division upper management deciding that.

We don't care about $15 skins

Who is "we?" I'm not interested in their store the way it is, and frankly it has me worried for how Call of Duty's store is going to be handled if this and Bleeding Edge were anything to go by under Microsoft's leadership. For those who haven't yet seen the store yet, I'm sure you may know what Anthem's was (is?) like. It's that, but with so much more tat to monetise. There's about three different kinds of helmet customisation, for context.

we want to play more than 8 maps and 3 bad new game modes.

Again with "we," no, I'm fine with 8 maps at present as a new player. And what are these three new bad modes? There's currently a new one called Attrition with limited spawns which has been a huge boon for making me a better player and teammate. It has a limited time event that I'm rather looking forward to getting some of its rewards from.

No swat, snipers, forge, co-op campaign... the things that MAKE HALO.

We, and I mean this in the correct sense, have very different ideas of what makes Halo what it is. Halo to me is its orchestral, iconic soundtrack, its loveable characters, its lore, its voice actors, its sound design, its secrets, its locales. Multiplayer wise the high TTK, smooth vehicular combat, clever map design and floatiness make it all the better.

How is the gameplay?

At the very least it's decent. I really don't get why it's receiving the flak it does, but then I've not been much into Halo since its third installment. I suppose I just play these things for the casual fun of them rather than getting too deep into them. I'd recommend it, and I hope it grows on you as it did me.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I dont like the ranking system at all in the game, especially for ranked, but it plays like a Halo game to me. Its fun at times, high TTK irks me too but i still have fun.

I am also mad that Halo doesnt have coop and ill be waiting to get the campaign until it does.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts