GPU sag pictures—is this bad?

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone,
This is my pc, I have it for around 2-3 weeks and I have a question for the people who know about GPU sags.
Is this sag considered bad?
Should I worry about it?
I am kinda scared. I have seen some sags but cannot define a “safe” sag.
I have heard that non-extreme sags generally don't damage GPUs and motherboards.
I don't even know what to believe anymore... ;-;
I don’t want to destroy my motherboard or my GPU ;-;
Thanks!
209519437_1129291367561020_6434548921968458726_n.jpg
216500492_185484133558406_1586828074877854817_n.jpg
210436589_236083318350364_6841375934164434485_n.jpg
213518090_857147131866824_347155839158530998_n.jpg

Mod edit: changed title for clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its difficult to tell from your shots, rainbows having exploded in the case. isn't it distracting having the ram colors change all the time? i prefer static and it hasn't changed in a while. I have to think of another 2 colors that work together.
LRr3Kqe.jpg

how much of a sag has it got? looks like you need some geometry tools to work out the angle.

Probably doesn't help having AIO cables leaning on the GPU back plate

You may get other almost-useless replies, ignore them too :)

One of the knowledgeable people here will contribute before long.
answer to top is, Yes, he is... and as for 2nd, well, I might know a little.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
Its difficult to tell from your shots, rainbows having exploded in the case. isn't it distracting having the ram colors change all the time? i prefer static and it hasn't changed in a while. I have to think of another 2 colors that work together.
LRr3Kqe.jpg

how much of a sag has it got? looks like you need some geometry tools to work out the angle.

Probably doesn't help having AIO cables leaning on the GPU back plate

answer to top is, Yes, he is... and as for 2nd, well, I might know a little.
Yeah, sorry for the rgb, I really should have turned it off, I just thought all those lights would make the sag appear clearer.
The AIO cables were on a higher position some days ago and they were lowered down by themselves as the time passed. The sag is no different though, the cables don’t really push the GPU down. If you see it irl, they barely touch it, so I don’t think it’s the cables’ fault.
I have a GPU vertical kit, but I really don’t want to sacrifice the GPU’s performance if the sag doesn’t actually cause damage.
What are your opinions on putting a GPU vertical kit?
Thanks!

Hello everyone,
This is my pc, I have it for around 2-3 weeks and I have a question for the people who know about GPU sags.
Is this sag considered bad?
Should I worry about it?
I am kinda scared. I have seen some sags but cannot define a “safe” sag.
I have heard that non-extreme sags generally don't damage GPUs and motherboards.
I don't even know what to believe anymore... ;-;
I don’t want to destroy my motherboard or my GPU ;-;

Looks normal to me, nothing to worry about. All of my GPU's have always done that a bit.

If it bothers you aesthetically you can get something like this to support it to keep it square.

I 'd just cut a chopstick to size and put blu-tac on the end. Works just as well.

i wouldn't go vertical as they mostly push GPU against the front glass and then they can't breath as well.

I can't really see a sag, if anything you make me look at mine but my photo is looking down on case, so I don't know.

My motherboard has a metal brace on the PCI slot See under extra durable)
yours has the metal PCI E 16 slot too. I think you fine - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Steel Legend/#Specification

what GPU? I think the 3090 might make it think about sagging but anything else might be safe.

At least your rgb fans aren't set to kaleidoscope setting, mine can do that and its like being at a carnival. Blue and green is bad enough. Once i stop noticing them its time for a change.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
Looks normal to me, nothing to worry about. All of my GPU's have always done that a bit.

If it bothers you aesthetically you can get something like this to support it to keep it square.

I 'd just cut a chopstick to size and put blu-tac on the end. Works just as well.
That is a very nice piece of advice. I haven’t been recommended to do something like that and I have been searching a lot, thanks!

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
i wouldn't go vertical as they mostly push GPU against the front glass and then they can't breath as well.

I can't really see a sag, if anything you make me look at mine but my photo is looking down on case, so I don't know.

My motherboard has a metal brace on the PCI slot See under extra durable)
yours has the metal PCI E 16 slot too. I think you fine - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Steel Legend/#Specification

what GPU? I think the 3090 might make it think about sagging but anything else might be safe.

At least your rgb fans aren't set to kaleidoscope setting, mine can do that and its like being at a carnival. Blue and green is bad enough. Once i stop noticing them its time for a change.
Yeah, I don’t know anymore. I see this sag and sometimes I go like “Well it’s not that bad” and other times like “Wait, I think it’s bad” 😂
I am not an expert, so I didn’t even know I have a durable motherboard, the metal PCI E 16 slot you mentioned. I am kind of relieved now, thanks!
I really hope my Steel Legend can handle the sag as you said.
The GPU is RTX 2070S.
I am playing a lot with the colors. I am not a huge fan of rainbow colors, but I don’t know which color I like the most, so I just change the settings every day haha.
Your colors are looking pretty cool imo haha.
Thanks again!

So do what Kaamos suggested, put something there to hold it up, even if its just to make you feel better.
I have same GPU (not same maker), you probably fine. Wouldn't the metal backplate stop it sagging?

RGB: It took me a while to get it how it is. It doesn't help I have dark tinted glass, you can't tell in photo as I removed glass for that shot, it reflects too well. So most of the colors are dulled in my PC.

Just mess with the different colours, I went a little mad in the first six months but PC is 11 months old now and green/blue has survived the longest any have and its been about 3 months now (I only know this based on photos taken). I didn't realise it had been that long. Every time I look at the fans now I think, I might change it but not sure what other 2 colors work as well. Colours also have to work on AIO and ram. I can mostly ignore the strip on my motherboard.

Jul 18, 2021
Visit site
So do what Kaamos suggested, put something there to hold it up, even if its just to make you feel better.
I have same GPU (not same maker), you probably fine. Wouldn't the metal backplate stop it sagging?

RGB: It took me a while to get it how it is. It doesn't help I have dark tinted glass, you can't tell in photo as I removed glass for that shot, it reflects too well. So most of the colors are dulled in my PC.

Just mess with the different colours, I went a little mad in the first six months but PC is 11 months old now and green/blue has survived the longest any have and its been about 3 months now (I only know this based on photos taken). I didn't realise it had been that long. Every time I look at the fans now I think, I might change it but not sure what other 2 colors work as well. Colours also have to work on AIO and ram. I can mostly ignore the strip on my motherboard.
Haha I will definitely try blue and green, looked so cool to my eyes :D

Haha I will definitely try blue and green, looked so cool to my eyes :D

A Friend was annoyed at me as he suggested combo and then I stole it.
its probably why it lasted so long and it so hard to replace. I am in the process of finding another combo, blue hasn't gone far away yet. i like how the fans look, ram might need more work - It looks better in reality as all the led merge together in photos. Just ignoring blue strip on my motherboard, not worth changing it - same with rgb strip on GPU.

Qv6v1Ja.jpg

I was going to get a white case but 2020 happened, so its really hard to see into it, as its also got dark tinted glass.

CPU cover is actually orange but you can't tell in photos
WG8lRsM.jpg

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS