Games with natural disaster

A lot of city builders and colony sims feature natural disasters, but it's like watching them happen from afar. Can't think of any survival games that feature things like hurricanes, but here's a game about researching tornados.

Welcome to the forum :)

it's kinda strange we don't see more games about natural disasters

My wild guess is that destructible tech isn't at the right level yet to make such games viable—reviewers comments suggest Disaster Report hasn't solved that.

War and action games don't have much destructible yet, I can think of only one which made it a feature—can't recall name at the moment. So probably in a few years.

Reactions: Frindis and Pifanjr
Apr 1, 2024
Visit site

My wild guess is that destructible tech isn't at the right level yet to make such games viable—reviewers comments suggest Disaster Report hasn't solved that.

War and action games don't have much destructible yet, I can think of only one which made it a feature—can't recall name at the moment. So probably in a few years.
"Yeah maybe ,But I believe we're in an era where new game engines and amazing water technology could make a game like the one I've been craving a reality. It's a shame we don't have as many exciting games nowadays. Take 'Disaster Report' for example; it wasn't perfect, but it offered a challenging and enjoyable experience. I'm confident that with the technology we have now, if someone put in the same level of dedication to the production, we could see an incredible survival action game. hehe I miss old days

Reactions: Brian Boru
Apr 1, 2024
Visit site
Tropico 3 and 4 had hurricanes. There was a GREAT "level" in No One Lives Forever 2 where you're in a mobile home park as a tornado hits. No Man's Sky has some mighty nasty storms that can kill you in seconds if you aren't ready for them.
I remember Tropico but its a different type of games . I don't remember playing No Man's Sky I maybe have to put it in my list!

Reactions: Brian Boru
The game Mad Max takes place in a near future apocalyptic environment caused by ecocide. Ecocide can result in environmental changes, and the game's dev team Avalanche took full advantage of this. When playing you will randomly encounter sand storms that quickly turn the sky dark, and then massive lightning strikes come. Between the heavy winds, low visibility, and lightning strikes, your car and Max can take a lot of damage, and even be destroyed.

At the point a storm is approaching, you have two options, you can look for shelter via enemy camps you've cleared and such, or brave the storm. The risk reward element of braving the storm is there are big crates of scrap it dislodges, which you can hunt for. These scraps can help you upgrade things.

When I first started playing Mad Max, I would always seek shelter in storms, but once you have your car's and Max's armor fully upgraded, it becomes fun to hunt for the bonus scrap, plus it's quite a spectacle visually and physically to be part of.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024
Visit site
The game Mad Max takes place in a near future apocalyptic environment caused by ecocide. Ecocide can result in environmental changes, and the game's dev team Avalanche took full advantage of this. When playing you will randomly encounter sand storms that quickly turn the sky dark, and then massive lightning strikes come. Between the heavy winds, low visibility, and lightning strikes, your car and Max can take a lot of damage, and even be destroyed.

At the point a storm is approaching, you have two options, you can look for shelter via enemy camps you've cleared and such, or brave the storm. The risk reward element of braving the storm is there are big crates of scrap it dislodges, which you can hunt for. These scraps can help you upgrade things.

When I first started playing Mad Max, I would always seek shelter in storms, but once you have your car's and Max's armor fully upgraded, it becomes fun to hunt for the bonus scrap, plus it's quite a spectacle visually and physically to be part of.

I don't particularly enjoy post-apocalyptic environments in games or movies because what I find intriguing is witnessing how everything got destroyed. Post-apocalyptic settings often skip over the most interesting part, if you know what I mean!

Apr 1, 2024
Visit site

Remember Alone in the Dark? , a moment occurred in my mind where there was an earthquake, and we ran with a car, and the city was destroyed. The game is very old, yet it managed to represent the scenario of earthquake perfectly in my eyes, so I believe that the possibility exists, I just think no one has a good idea or the appetite to create something good. I have years to enjoy a game lately

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMUyMZ6sMAQ

Maybe DoronkoWanko?:) An "innocent" Pomeranian running around painting the house while the owner is sleeping.
RFKi4ly.jpeg