Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Hey,
I've recently gotten a new PC with the specs of: Ryzen 5 3600x, RTX 2060 super, 16 GB DDR4 3200, ASUS Prime Motherboard, Liquid Cooled.

So as it sits all games will crash if graphics load is high enough. Ex. GTA, Call of Duty, Fortnite on highest settings, and any VR game will crash after a few minutes.

What I've done:
-Checked and installed all new drivers
-Installed know good RAM with same specs as well as memtest overnight.
-GPU and CPU stress tested (prime95 and furmark) for hours and temperatures were really good
-Fresh install of windows
-Checked all connections.
-I've also gone into forums and tried changing certain game settings
-Reinstalled all games and drivers multiple times (DDU for drivers)

All these games that crash run at well over 100fps.

GTA has recently started work for some reason, and fortnite (dont actually play) will run on low settings without crashing.

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
I have only experienced crashing during gaming. GTA only has a "sorry, try running in safe mode" when crashing and Call of Duty I get a DEV error 6068, which I have done lots of reading on and tried all the possible fixes for that with no luck. Other games do not seem to leave an error message. Just a frozen screen

My PSU is a Gigabyte G750H

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
What I sometimes do is go into Event Viewer and check if there's any info in there that could tell something. At some point I found out my GPU was broken for example because at my game crash Event Viewer gave an error code at the game (or shortly after that) that pointed towards broken VRAM.

That actually caused my games to crash, have you checked your VRAM? Some post on a forum mentioned it had to do with miscalculated VRAM, and with my RTX2060 speccy says it only has 2gb for example, but I'm not encountering any problems with it.

And to be honest "every possible fix" doesn't say much, since we don't know what these are and we don't know if you possibly missed one.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi :0)
Faulty graphics card maybe?
If no other option emerges, i would send it back to retailer and if it is.
Get a replacement.
Worst case you have to pay for the shipping.

Just saying.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
What version/flavor of Windows? Specific make/model of 1060 Super?
What nVidia driver version are you running? Have you tried an older version?

What monitor(s) do you have and how are they connecting? (hdmi, display port, etc.)
If Win10, have you checked the Reliability Monitor control panel?
What about running some Win10 gadgets that monitor CPU, GPU, and RAM on a second screen to see if anything spikes before crash?

Have you tried GPU-Z to see if the specs that appear match with what the card is supposed to have?
(i recall having strange video issues and noting that my Bus Interface was running at 1.1 mode instead of 3.0 and there was some obscure setting in BIOS that was the culprit)
Have you checked BIOS settings (maybe even force everything to default and start fresh)?

Hope some of that helps.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Good ideas above, could also try a different PCI-E slot on the mobo and if you have another set of power cables from the PSU try that. On the software side, try setting the Nvidia control panel setting to high performance mode rather than balanced. Hope you get it sorted.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I have almost the same build! And currently experiencing the same problems! I just returned my 2060 and bought a 2060 super, have a ryzen 5 3400, a 750W PSU, and a b450M-plus motherboard. The problem has been around since I built it a couple weeks ago, and I can't even play league of legends without having my game crash. This is my 3rd graphics card at this point, so I'm sure thats not the issue. My drivers are up to date, my fans are all in order, im running memory diagnostics now, what do I do next???

TRENDING THREADS