Game Launchers—combine your Libraries

Many seem unaware you can combine many different retailers' Libraries into one Launcher—no more having to launch individual Launchers for each different retailer where you have games.

I use either GOG Galaxy or Playnite… there are others like LaunchBox and Photon, which I haven't tested—if you have experience with these, please tell us about them. They will launch, install, uninstall etc, altho I use them—mostly Galaxy—only for having an overview, and answering the eternal question: "Do I have that game already? " :rolleyes:

Libraries they cover:
Amazon
Battle.net
Bethesda
Emulators
Epic
GOG
Humble Bundle
Origin
Playnite
Playstation
Steam
Ubisoft
Xbox
The only extensive Library not covered for me is BigFishGames.

More choices:

Geez, GOG galaxy says I have a total of 878 games.

Might need to take a week off work to play through them all :tearsofjoy:

fuOiF5M.png

Zloth

Community Contributor
Maybe if you had just one more week ON work you would be able to play them all. ;)

I've got GOG Galaxy but I really haven't used this feature at all, but that's because of my play style. I buy a bunch of games on sale, but I generally have them all done (or close to it) by the time the next sales show up, so there's no more than about 10 games in waiting. It's pretty easy to remember where they are. (Including a few like Planet Coaster, which I bought several years back and never seem to be in the mood to actually play.)

GOG galaxy says I have a total of 878 games
Pfft, you're not even trying!

Currently 1,851 according to GOG Galaxy.

• Haha
Reactions: mainer and Alm
Any of you who have GOG Galaxy or Playnite, please check something for me:

Can you get a total of how many games you have on a particular platform—GOG, Epic, Steam etc?

I wanted to find how many I have on GOG just now, and couldn't on either launcher—I used the Platform filter, but that didn't throw up a subtotal anywhere I saw.

It's not a biggie, got the info at GOG.com in 10 seconds, but seems like a basic piece of info I was amazed the launchers didn't highlight.

Any of you who have GOG Galaxy or Playnite, please check something for me:

Can you get a total of how many games you have on a particular platform—GOG, Epic, Steam etc?

I wanted to find how many I have on GOG just now, and couldn't on either launcher—I used the Platform filter, but that didn't throw up a subtotal anywhere I saw.

It's not a biggie, got the info at GOG.com in 10 seconds, but seems like a basic piece of info I was amazed the launchers didn't highlight.

For GOG Galaxy, you cannot get a total for the active combination of filters as far as I can see, nor does it show the total amount of games behind the label for each platform. The best thing you can do is put the thumbnail size as small as possible and count the number of rows and multiply it by the number of games per row.

May 16, 2021
Visit site
Does it track unclaimed games in Humble Bundle?

If I launch a game through it, is it gonna send me to that game's launcher or execute it directly?

I know for a fact that if you play a .exe straight from the Windows Explorer, Steam doesn't track your playtime. But if you launch it from GOG Galaxy/Playnite, does Steam continue logging your playtime?

Does it have a dark mode? Not having a dark mode is a dealbreaker for me.

Reactions: Pifanjr
If I launch a game through it, is it gonna send me to that game's launcher or execute it directly?
I don't use it for launching, I prefer desktop icons—in a Games Fence—for that. But I'm fairly sure it calls the game's launcher.

Does it have a dark mode?
Yes, mine is dark. In a quick scan thru Settings, I didn't see an option for changing it.

I don't know the answers to your other Qs. I use Galaxy and Playnite only for seeing if I already own a game.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Does it track unclaimed games in Humble Bundle?

I know for a fact that if you play a .exe straight from the Windows Explorer, Steam doesn't track your playtime. But if you launch it from GOG Galaxy/Playnite, does Steam continue logging your playtime?

Does it have a dark mode? Not having a dark mode is a dealbreaker for me.

Just tested a couple of games with Steam and Epic because I havent thought about it. GOG Galaxy will basically launch the launcher the game is owned on first and then the game. I dont own anything from Humble so I cant say about that.

Its a little awkward you have to have 2 game launchers running, but I've used it for some time now and I like it.

The only thing stopping me using other stores than Steam was the fact I just want to see all my games and stats in the same place, Galaxy solved that problem for me.

Its dark mode by default, I dont think there is a light mode. The store doesnt have a dark mode though.