Game crashes multiple times on several occasion

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Guys this is actually more of an overall issue ... But since lately ive been having this issue while playing ... Im givin it a try in hopes for looking for a solution ...

Ive bought Borderlands 3 about last week but theres an issue while playing it .. my game keeps crashing while im playing .. This happens to other games as well such as Star Wars, AC unity, DotA 2 just to name a few .. Ive already check for any anomally in my PC but couldnt find anything out of order.

THis is my PC spec

Processor:
Intel(R)Core (TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 4 cores 4 Logical Processors

Motherboard:
MSI B360M Bazooka (MS-7B24)

Graphics:
Intel(R)UHD Graphics 630
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

RAM:
Corsair 4GB+4GB Dual Channel

Storage
SATA Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD Kingston

Windows 10 Home

Thanks in advance

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Screen artifacts before a crash could be a sign of your video card failing, a freeze or hard crash and restart could be RAM, motherboard or boot drive failure, a crash to desktop might be a secondary hard drive failure, any of these could be corrupted drivers... yeaaaaah. You'll need to get much more specific, tell us what you've been doing with your PC prior to these problems, exactly what happens when these games crash, and what checks you've run so far.

Reactions: Frindis
May 6, 2020
Visit site
@junfu95 What exactly happens when your game crashes? Do you get error messages, freeze, blue screen or does it just crash to the desktop?

Hi ...
The game freeze a bit and then crashes to my Desktop. No BSOD, No error message
THis is what i gt after checking the event log.

Faulting application name: Borderlands3.exe, version: 4.20.3.0, time stamp: 0x5e97da17
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 26.21.14.3200, time stamp: 0x5d951d42
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000e97fcc
Faulting process id: 0x380
Faulting application start time: 0x01d623029b0e80a9
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 3\OakGame\Binaries\Win64\Borderlands3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_90685a092bcf58c7\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: 877d6e51-af1e-4f92-b224-600117b4a4e9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Screen artifacts before a crash could be a sign of your video card failing, a freeze or hard crash and restart could be RAM, motherboard or boot drive failure, a crash to desktop might be a secondary hard drive failure, any of these could be corrupted drivers... yeaaaaah. You'll need to get much more specific, tell us what you've been doing with your PC prior to these problems, exactly what happens when these games crash, and what checks you've run so far.

Hey thanks .. I looked up on screen artifacts but nothing like this is happenning to my screen during the crash or after the crash, or even on startup

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
From that error log, it looks like you've got display issues (whatever that means, exactly). Is your gfx using the latest drivers? DL and update if not - and if you have updated recently, you could try rolling back to an earlier and more stable release.

That's what I'd try first, anyway. Does it produce a similar error log when it crashes in your other games? Also, does it crash when you use other applications that don't require your video card?

Agree with @Biggly nvwgf2umx.dll seems to be related to that as there have been several posts with the same issue/solution. The issue could also be related to a memory, so I would try doing a windows memory diagnostic if not already done.

Last edited:
May 6, 2020
Visit site
From that error log, it looks like you've got display issues (whatever that means, exactly). Is your gfx using the latest drivers? DL and update if not - and if you have updated recently, you could try rolling back to an earlier and more stable release.

That's what I'd try first, anyway. Does it produce a similar error log when it crashes in your other games?

Dats the weird part of the crash.. DOTA have a complete different message
This is the message it shows ...

Faulting application name: dota2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e829edb
Faulting module name: client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eb0745b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060a275
Faulting process id: 0x29fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d622ce0ddf5fc9
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\bin\win64\dota2.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota\bin\win64\client.dll
Report Id: fe0dd96c-cf32-492e-950f-bcccbe3132c8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have reinstall the driver ... ive also seek advice from one of my friend to completely uninstall the graphics driver completely using DDU. But the symptom still persist ..

By rolling back to previous update, could u suggest me which update is a stable one .. ?

Thanks again

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
All these games are online, or have a MP component that require online connectivity, right?

Try disabling your antivirus software, then play each of these games until the time they would normally crash. Then reactivate AV and repeat for your firewall. Trial an error, just to eliminate the possibility that either is messing with your games, which they do sometimes.

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Do the same (deactivate) with your firewall, see what happens. As per @Frindis's suggestion, run diagnostics on your memory and also, both your hard drives to see if any bad sectors are picked up. Update to the latest gfx drivers or, if they're already the latest drivers, roll back to an earlier one.

Don't do this all at once. Be methodical, try one of these solutions, play for a bit, make a note of any problems or error codes and then try the next solution.

Also - there are a few potential fixes listed on this site: https://www.pcerror-fix.com/troubleshoot-faulting-application-path-error

May 6, 2020
Visit site
ok if i were to deactivate my firewall
do i have to create a rule for this game to bypass the firewall ?

OK trieed it didnt worked
Im trying to rollback nvidia Driver

May 6, 2020
Visit site
Rolling back to previous nvidia driver didnt solve the problem as well .. I rolled back to version 436.30 still crash after about 1 hour gameplay

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Hm..... some ideas I would try:
- it's something with Windows and maybe reinstall isn't a bad idea
- it's dying GPU (try taking GPU out and run some basic games/benchmarks on integrated card?)
- it's something else even if logs don't mention it. If you had crashes at random in non-gaming programs then I would suggest running MEMTEST.

May 6, 2020
Visit site
As of now i pretty much ran out of options to try because .. Ive already master reset my PC into a clean slate ??

Would it be possible if this is related to RAM .. ??
Because im running on a 2 x 4

TRENDING THREADS