Formatting issue

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
So I noticed this thing going on and it's kinda annoying when trying to format a whole lotta text, like the one on Icewind Dale recently.

The issue: trying to apply formatting like bold, italic etc. on selected line does it - but it also applies the formatting to everything after selected line. For example if I were to select a header and try tinkering with it, all the effects I apply to it will also apply to every paragraph below.

Windows 7, latest Firefox. Not sure if this behaviour exist in Chrome or is it specific to FF.

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I am rather confused what you mean by this. What does Icewind Dale have to do with it? Is this an issue with html formatting here on the forums? Are using a specific program?

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
@MaddMann Icewind Dale was just an example of long post I made that required some formatting - and since formatting seems to be problematic, it made me post about the issue here.

Example short video (mp4 on imgur) of the problem. Notice how I am trying to add BOLD only to the HEADER and it's applied to everything after it.

Reactions: I Will Haunt You
@MaddMann Icewind Dale was just an example of long post I made that required some formatting - and since formatting seems to be problematic, it made me post about the issue here.

Example short video (mp4 on imgur) of the problem. Notice how I am trying to add BOLD only to the HEADER and it's applied to everything after it.

I have that happen as well. Sometimes you apply it to just one word and the entire body becomes affected.

Last edited:

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
@MaddMann wrote that in OP, Firefox under Win 7. No add-ons that should interfere with WYSIWYG stuff.
I don't have such problem in other online editors, like Wordpress etc. only here.
Never used this forum software before, so it may be something with the "engine" forum uses.

It appears its a known issue with the forum software starting last year, only on Firefox

known by Xenforo, perhaps not known by Admin here :)

I've found some of those text formatting buttons a little hinky too, particularly with image linking, so I've just been using the BBcodes to alter text or insert images or hyperlinks. Or just to do stupid stuff like this.

There's a list here if which might be helpful if you're interested in giving us any more big posts like your IWD thread.

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I've found some of those text formatting buttons a little hinky too, particularly with image linking, so I've just been using the BBcodes to alter text or insert images or hyperlinks. Or just to do stupid stuff like this.

There's a list here if which might be helpful if you're interested in giving us any more big posts like your IWD thread.
Bbcode is definitely the way to go if you want precise formatting. You can access the bbcode editor by hitting the cog on the right side of the toolbar.

We do have updates to the forum software planned for the future. It will solve many quality of life issues such as this one. Please be patient and we will update you once we have a firm date for rollout.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Actually, I just noticed that you don't seem to have any link to BB code formatting! You can use the toolbar to make some text format then click the gear icon to see what the board did but that doesn't give you all the syntax.

But yeah,
you can certainly make some nice some nice, detailed formatting if you really want!

Reactions: JSimenhoff

TRENDING THREADS