Question Every game on my Laptop is stuttering

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have a Predator Helios 300 (2021) Model: Predator PH315-54
with the following specs:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
16GB RAM
Nvidia RTX 3060

No matter which nvidia settings I try.. the stuttering won't stop!!

Please someone help me.. the games are totally unplayable...a pain in the eye!! Even with low settings.

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the dramatic "Why every game on my Laptop is stuttering? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! I'm So Disturbed with this!!".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I have a Predator Helios 300 (2021) Model: Predator PH315-54

with the following specs:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

16GB RAM

Nvidia RTX 3060

No matter which nvidia settings I try.. the stuttering won't stop!!

Please someone help me.. the games are totally unplayable...a pain in the eye!! Even with low settings.
The 11th gen Intel CPUs are known to run hot, but for that reason I assume the laptop H version of your CPU may be downclocked. Still though, some laptops lack adequate CPU coolers. Have you monitored temps at all? If either the CPU or GPU are reaching their thermal limit, they are designed to auto downclock, which can cause performance issues like stutter.

Try running the free tool Afterburner while playing with it set to show CPU and GPU usage percentage and temps onscreen, then post the results.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
The 11th gen Intel CPUs are known to run hot, but for that reason I assume the laptop H version of your CPU may be downclocked. Still though, some laptops lack adequate CPU coolers. Have you monitored temps at all? If either the CPU or GPU are reaching their thermal limit, they are designed to auto downclock, which can cause performance issues like stutter.

Try running the free tool Afterburner while playing with it set to show CPU and GPU usage percentage and temps onscreen, then post the results.

The Temps seem fine.... I face the problem even when turning on the Turbo switch

Couple of simple things that haven't been mentioned but good to rule out.

Clean reinstall of GPU drivers using DDU?

Is the GPU selected for playing games, and not the integrated graphics?

You can check if your computer has multiple GPUs by opening the Device Manager and navigating to Display adapters. Your GPU or GPUs will be shown there.

To switch to the dedicated NVIDIA GPU:

1. Open the NVIDIA control panel.

One way to do this is by right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop and selecting NVIDIA control panel.

2. Navigate to 3D settings > Manage 3D settings.

3. Open the Program settings tab and select your game from the dropdown menu.

4. Select Preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown menu. Your NVIDIA GPU should appear as "High-performance NVIDIA processor"

5. Save your changes.

Havent used a laptop in a long time, or Nvidia card for a couple of years, but I think this should still be the right way to do it.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS