Do you like to do unexpected stuff in multiplayer games?

Doing unexpected or strange stuff in multiplayer games can be a lot of fun and I think it adds some more spice to the game and makes it a bit more of a personalized experience instead of just doing whatever the game wants you to do. It is especially fun when it makes other people wonder wtf you are doing or just the thought of them having a big laugh on your behalf. Let me give your an example of something totally unexpected:

In Guild Wars 2, there is massive world versus world battles and instead of actually taking points on the battlefield I decided one day to just start slowly walking around, kind of like how Forrest Gump suddenly decided to run. After a little time, more and more people would stop by and ask wtf I was doing and some would join for the fun of it. After a while, we were a steady mix of races all just slowly walking around. For everyone else on the battlefield, it must have been pretty strange seeing a small group of people just walking, doing absolutely nothing. It is knowing that there would be a reaction that for me a lot of the fun lays.

Another time I was playing Warzone with my nephews and we decided to see who would survive the longest proning over the longest part of the airstrip with no guns. Safe to say, we did not last long, but most likely we won some laughs.

Do you like to do unexpected stuff and what are your reasons for doing so?

Last edited:
when i played wow, we would explore parts of the map we weren't supposed to be in (not to extent I see some people go in YouTube videos). This was in classic wow (2006) so just getting into the world tree area before it was open was one highlight I remember. Most of guild went there that day,

I don't like doing the expected stuff. If games don't let you just mess around, I don't really play them.

Journey without other players would have been how I felt playing Abzu that was sold to be like Journey but lacked any other players.

I expect playing alone and ignoring other players in a mutiplayer game is doing the unexpected.

Like playing tdu2, getting to a certain point in story to discover you hate the racing, and then spend 2 years grinding money other ways to buy new cars to drive around Oahu as fast as possible... it was a big map. I expect not actually playing story for all that time is unexpected but it was fun. I wish i had a better internet connection or I may have been able to play with other people. Only ever played with one guy one night in that, until we swapped areas and map worlds split us again. I only stopped as I had all the cars I really wanted and game became pointless to me.

when i played wow, we would explore parts of the map we weren't supposed to be in (not to extent I see some people go in YouTube videos). This was in classic wow (2006) so just getting into the world tree area before it was open was one highlight I remember. Most of guild went there that day, I don't like doing the expected stuff. If games don't let you just mess around, I don't really play them.

I also did a little exploring back in Vanilla. Come to think of it, I often have this urge to use a low-level character and just start walking into the dangerous zones and see how far I can manage to go. I remember doing something similar around the deep sea area also in WoW. Started swimming at sea, hugging the cliffs, not getting fatigued, and ended up at the Silithus Cave that is located in the middle of nowhere. There is a dragon in the cave now, but back then there was nothing inside, which made it even more mysterious to me. Found a little clip of the cave and the dragon that resides in it now:
View: https://youtu.be/YmDrXXJpw6A

wow has so many areas no one goes to anymore as why? end game is where game starts so why even go to the areas at all? just buy a boost to max lvl and do dungeons... I liked levelling up, I would get to 60 (max at time) and just start another character as it was more interesting to me than anything else. Raiding gets boring, I don't like pvp so levelling up and going to new areas was more interesting.

Game isn't the same anymore.I liked it before the 1st expansion (mainly as I had really good gear that was rubbish 5 lvls later)

Reactions: Frindis and Pifanjr
If you mean by unexpected you meant getting into the zone, pwning everyone in a pub game, getting a positive k/d and be MVP of every round. Then yes, yes i would like that.

In reality i'm terrible and no i don't do anything different. I watch youtube videos, i study the maps and rinse and repeat in public games and find little joy in what feels like trapped doing something reptitively.

That said playing chivalry 2 i did piss about a bit throwing random junk and attacking with random objects. One of my highlights was getting into an engagement where i saw someone outnumbered 2 to 1. I eliminate one of the attackers by throwing a piece of firewood and with no weapons around, i somehow won using my fists (with the help of the other guy). Another time my character had a limb cut off and with one hand somehow beat my opponent. My reward? bleeding to death afterwards.

I tend to "Leeroy Jenkins" things especially in games where the TTK is high. Simply running directly ahead of the enemy, drawing fire, and pulling the trigger. The objective of this is to distract, as well as punch through and grab the objective. And when it comes to the objective, I'm not careful, I will take it at any and all costs.

This is the complete opposite of when I play my weekly D&D session though; so much time is lost to planning. Perhaps a bit of assertiveness and cutting through the strategy is needed.

In Forza, I used to get in my 1200 hp Ford police cruiser, complete with flashing lights, and chase people around, trying to run them off the road in free roam (complicated by the fact that Forza removes your collision if it thinks you are crashing into other players). Of course, you can't chat with other players in Forza, so I don't know if they were having fun or not, but changing servers is just a click away, so I assumed that if they stayed and kept running from me that they were having fun. One time a player just stopped and didn't move for awhile, and I just assumed they weren't into it and left.

Other than that I have always just stuck to the plan when I play online. Probably I take some games too seriously, I guess. I did make a sexy operator in Warframe and dance for people in a common area once, which quite a few people actually stood around and watched.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Asheron's Call

Item 1
Towns in Asheron's Call had cows in them (which you could tip over, but that's another story). They were not at all dangerous, but they would get mad and slowly walk after you if you attacked one.

Item 2
There was a town that wasn't too far away from a tower on the coast. The tower had a spiral ramp to the top, and the top was fairly flat.

Item 3
Asheron's Call has a really cool looking moon.

I started casting a weak debuff (unarmed combat ineptitude other) on a cow and slowly lead it to the tower. The plan was to take it clear to the top and keep it "chasing" me in circles up there until the moon started to set. I would then jump down to the ground. When the cow jumped after me, I would take a screenshot of the cow jumping over the moon. Fame, fortune, and swooning damsels would inevitably follow.

Unfortunately, I could only get the cow to the tower, it wouldn't climb after me. Lazy cow.

In Forza, I used to get in my 1200 hp Ford police cruiser, complete with flashing lights, and chase people around, trying to run them off the road in free roam [...]

Love to do that!:) I'm using my Crown Victoria for just that in Forza Horizon 4, most likely going to do it in Forza Horizon 5 also.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnfJHU3h2Ks
I'm doing a lot of drag races with funny-looking cars in FH5 - The P50 and similar. Tune it to the brim and watch people "comment" as it drives past them:)

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
I think that improvisation in the gameplay and attempts to manipulate the controls allows you to diversify the game, that is, not to follow the ideas of the developers, but to try to feel more free in the game, and I think that this is great and it becomes even more interesting to play. and, of course, epic moments and, most often, brighter fails are obtained.

TRENDING THREADS