Question Device is not detected, the key settings can not be displayed (Redragon Yama K550 QWERTY)

May 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone.
My laptop recognizes the keybord and it works fine but the software for the keyboard won't open and it says that it doesn't detect it, saying this message: "Device is not detected, the key settings can not be displayed"
The same thing happened to someone? how do i solve it?

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Do you see the same issue crop up when on another system? You might want to see if changing the cable changes your predicament. Have you made sure your chipset drivers are installed and up to date?

Reactions: Alm
Welcome to the forum :)

I see mention of issues with Windows 10 and 11 in Amazon reviews for other Redragon KBs—is one of those your OS?
The two K550s I see on their site mention Win10 compatibility, but not for Win11, so that may be an issue if you're on Win11—however, that would be very unusual if it works on another Win10 system.

Go to Redragon site and see if you can find drivers for your KB, which you can download and install. I couldn't find them, so you may need to contact them.

Reactions: Alm
Redragon software sucks.

Often it doesn't talk to the hardware.

this story is familiar - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...oard-is-not-detected-by-its-software.3778356/

Best advice I can offer is: Buy a keyboard from someone else.

Go to Redragon site and see if you can find drivers for your KB, which you can download and install. I couldn't find them, so you may need to contact them.

read my posts. the store just sells the keyboards, it doesn't support them.
they replied today with the worst replay I've ever seen and this is what they said
"As much as we want to help, unfortunately, we cannot.

We are Redragonshop, an authorized distributor of Redragon products, and NOT a manufacturer.

We truly agree that the seller and the manufacturer should provide warranty support to their customers. However, we do not sell K550. We kindly suggest that you contact the original seller of the unit for warranty assistance.

Yours Faithfully,"

though that is from https://redragonshop.com/pages/contact-us so he might be lucky.

Historically its been hard to get anything for Redragon. That is why I remember them.

Last edited:
RedDragon has been spotty, if it works it works, if it doesn't...well, you know the story. I've had a neighbor who changed their RedDragon keyboard for something else within RedDragon's portfolio, something that had software support, looking through their downloads section.

I still wished people invested in quality, reliable peripherals, saves them the trouble of troubleshooting.

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 24, 2023
Visit site
Well, I already saw many questions regarding my question and all the solutions such as: the operating system, uninstall the device, ssd and try it on another pc I already did and it still doesn't work for me.
It is very frustrating that the Redragon company does not respond to this. but hey I hope that when I have my desktop PC I won't have the same problem, maybe it's a problem with the ssd because I connect the keyboard to my laptop that I changed the ssd about 6 months ago.
Thank you very much for your answers and help. :3

If you find a solution, please post it here... but I suspect like most other people with same model keyboard, the easiest answer is buy another keyboard from someone else like Corsair or Logitech or even Razer, as at least they don't play hard to get with drivers. They might cost more but you get value for money.

• Haha
Reactions: Lutfij

TRENDING THREADS