Death Stranding - Share your Save Games Here for PC !!!

Hello

I'm hoping someone can help me out and upload their Save Games from the exact game Edition/Version I have - for the Missions that I need or as close as possible?

I'm hoping to use this as a backup solution - if I can't find a way to 'successfully' get my Save Games transferred from my Epic Standard edition - to my new Steam Director's Cut edition.

See my thread here if you can help with that...
Death Stranding - (Best/Complete Save Game Transfer Solution for Epic Standard to Steam Director's Cut) ?

Can you guys upload Save Games for me to use from the Steam Director's Cut which I can then use to transfer to MY Steam Director's ?

Or will it have to be Save Games from the Steam Standard edition to be able to transfer those Save Games to the Steam Director's Cut successfully (eg does it have to be transferred from one edition/version to a 'different' edition/version)?

Or can you just go transfer from Steam Director's to a different Steam Director's ?

Either way - please clearly state exactly what point you're up to in the save and exactly which Edition/version of Steam it is.

Also - will it matter that donated Save Games will be created from a game with someone else's in-game login/account which will be different to my in-game login/account ?

So back to the Save Games....

I have just finished Order 3 and looked around all the rooms at the Capital Knot City Distribution Center (after finishing mission 3 – taking the Presidents body to the Crematorium place).

So I am now at the start of Order Number 4: Smart Drug Delivery - How to get to Waystation West of Capital Knot City

Where I am literally just leaving the Capital Knot City Distribution Center.

I've done every delivery that has come up so far.

Could you please upload Save Games for the Steam Director’s Cut – at the start of Mission 4, and also maybe Mission 3 just in case as an extra backup.

Copies from Multiple people would be good as they might have slightly different characteristics in game - even though they're up to the same mission). And some might just not work?

Any advice/instructions you could give would be greatly appreciated as I've not really done a process quite like this before and I don't want to stuff it up.

As an aside....

It would also be good if the mods could create a totally separate Sticky thread to upload Save Games for ALL Missions for ALL editions and ALL game system versions (for PC - eg Steam, Epic, Xbox Game Pass for PC etc) for other people with the same issue.

For example - there are sooo many people with my exact scenario (Trying to go from Epic to Steam) and so many other variations who are finding this a mess to do….

Particularly my exact scenario is probably pretty common as I'm sure a kajillion other people started playing the free copy they downloaded from the Epic giveaway not long ago and are now wanting to upgrade to a Steam Director's Cut version (as it's just better having a Steam key).

It would help soo much, if you guys would just upload Save Games at every single mission point in the game – in every single game version, for every single game system.

E.g. if it was mission 1 - 80 (or whatever), for all of them individually….

For example - you’d make a Thread/website where people can upload/download all the Save Games in a single batch…

As well as having the ability to download individual mission files too...

Saves for Missions 1 - 80, for Steam Director’s Cut edition
Saves for Missions 1 - 80, for Steam Standard edition

Saves for Missions 1 - 80, for Epic Standard edition
Saves for Missions 1 - 80, for Epic Director’s Cut edition

And any other formats for the game (e.g. I don’t know if there are Ubisoft versions, or other versions etc for pc)?

So that's what I'm thinking.

Hope this might help someone else!

Thank you for your help

Reactions: Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
Oh dude, you've barely started! I'm sure it would be far, far easier to just re-play what you've done so far. You know where you're going and it's easy to skip cut-scenes, so you're probably only looking at half an hour to an hour. In fact, you can take a different direction to the incinerator this time, so you'll get something new.

I'm dubious that saves transfer between people in a game like this. There's all this online'ish stuff, like who your 'friends' are, who you've given likes to, who's given you likes, what you've built, and so on.

P.S. While playing this game, remember: when in doubt, throw poo at it. ;)

Oh dude, you've barely started! I'm sure it would be far, far easier to just re-play what you've done so far. You know where you're going and it's easy to skip cut-scenes, so you're probably only looking at half an hour to an hour. In fact, you can take a different direction to the incinerator this time, so you'll get something new.

I'm dubious that saves transfer between people in a game like this. There's all this online'ish stuff, like who your 'friends' are, who you've given likes to, who's given you likes, what you've built, and so on.

P.S. While playing this game, remember: when in doubt, throw poo at it. ;)

see reply here
https://forums.pcgamer.com/threads/...s-other-ways-to-skip-ahead.139511/post-354461

Reactions: Pifanjr
I dont think you will be able to, from my knowledge most games dont transfer like that between stores unless the developer allows it (Destiny 2 comes to mind). But i hope you can somehow!

I am just starting death stranding, im assuming you picked it up in the Humble Choice? It never seemed interesting to me but now that i have it, ill give it a try. Any quick tips for an absolute beginner who doesnt want to go to google atm?? ;)

I dont think you will be able to, from my knowledge most games dont transfer like that between stores unless the developer allows it (Destiny 2 comes to mind). But i hope you can somehow!

I am just starting death stranding, im assuming you picked it up in the Humble Choice? It never seemed interesting to me but now that i have it, ill give it a try. Any quick tips for an absolute beginner who doesnt want to go to google atm?? ;)

DXChase - I am pretty cheap most the time; but that's only so I can save up to get expensive things I really want.

I'm cheap with games - but I gave in and bought this via the humble choice thing and I do not regret it - even if I only ever play DS DC and none of the other free games.

If you haven't already got the Steam DC - I genuinely think you are way better off just doing the same thing that I did and don't even bother with the copy you have now.

That will save you this hassle and you won't have to contemplate risking it or having to repeat everything again.

Be warned - I've read that the first 3 missions are very very slow cause you have no tools or vehicles - but they said to hang in there as it gets way more interesting and fun the more it goes along.

Be careful about reading up on it as there are soooo many spoilers.

Use your scanner in all directions to find stuff to collect as well as see what terrain is hard to walk on or stable etc. Use it all the time.

I find it really useful to plot some points on the map dotted here and there just mini markers every (I dunno?) say 500m-2km depending on how easy it is to orient yourself ?

My biggest tip is don't use the keyboard/mouse - at all.

Get a controller (I have an xbox 360) - wired is better as no lag issues ever, and far less problems - fewer games that don't fully support it etc.

It's the kind of game where you need to constantly look around with the right stick/camera movement and is handy in other ways too.

I'm not used to controllers - but I've gotten the hang of it and it is soo much more effortless with the camera work.

There's lots more - but honestly - just go read some guides as they've put in all the work to upload screenshots of settings etc which is one important area you should definitely go through before you start.

Here are some important ones....

- especially check the graphics settings if you have DC with the fancier settings.

Login upon launch - On

Hide Signs containing Spoilers - Hide Spoilers

BT Encounter Warning - Every Time (I may change this later if it gets annoying)

Shared content - Don't Share Structures, Signs, or Vehicles

Tips display always on - and always read these when waiting for the game to load - go through all of them each time in case there are new ones.

Don't share everything - that's my tip. Otherwise, it's like the game is playing itself - what's the point? Also I've heard the landscape can be cluttered with other people's crap everywhere.

ciao.

TRENDING THREADS