PCG Article Crysis 4 has been announced

Since consoles continue to become more like PCs, is their hardware now good enough that the game won't have to be crippled to suit them?

2 & 3 were a big let-down after the first halves of 1 and Warhead. We want a big bad island and a Mr Chiffon banano-suit!

Crytek seems to be going strong now
Good for them. Despite mistakes, they gave us two seminal FPS games, so I wish them well.

Reactions: ZedClampet
What i'm personally hoping out of this is a reboot of the franchise, cuz I really can't seem to figure out how they'll continue off from Crysis 3's ending. Simultaneously, I feel like a lot of Crysis' identity was lost with 2 since it just felt like "Call of Duty with a cloaking device" rather than really being a proper continuation of Crysis 1 and Warhead.

I feel like a lot of Crysis' identity was lost with 2 since it just felt like "Call of Duty with a cloaking device" rather than really being a proper continuation of Crysis 1 and Warhead
Yep, I completely agree, and that's what the Digital Foundry guys were also saying in the video above.

a reboot of the franchise
Shouldn't be a problem, there would've been other super soldier teams besides Prophet's squad. If they want to steer clear of 3's ending, just set other teams' stories in earlier times—Crysis is set in 2020, 3 in 2047, so plenty of scope there.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Shouldn't be a problem, there would've been other super soldier teams besides Prophet's squad. If they want to steer clear of 3's ending, just set other teams' stories in earlier times—Crysis is set in 2020, 3 in 2047, so plenty of scope there.
Personally, I feel like very little would be lost if Crysis 2 and 3 were rendered non-canon by Crysis 4, and instead go back to Raptor and Eagle Teams' involvement in the KPA/US/Ceph conflict. The fact that the North Koreans were able to reverse engineer the Nanosuit was a missed opportunity to be a major plot point even if Crytek kept the lore bits that Ceph technology was involved in the Nanosuit's construction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts