Computer. Off. Floor.

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Razer make reasonable good hardware and then ruin it with Synapse.
Helping 1 guy today, has Orbweaver Game pad, its only a few years old and works fine but drivers are throwing errors.
Seems Razer bought rights from Belkin to make game pads, slapped rgb on it, remove functionality and increased price. Now people with the old ones have been complaining to Rzaer expecting them to change it but you won't get anywhere as they have sold the sub par ones in 4 generations now and want you to shut up
He just doesn't realize they don't care. They can sell their crappy version as the competition is worse or non existent.

Razers audience is kids who watch E sports and want to use the same crap their hero's use and Razer is there with flashing green rgb covered crap.

Same story as Logitech 10 to 15 years ago, hardware was solid but software sucked. Their software improved when they weren't top maker. Razer is near top now but they don't deserve to be. Guess Synapse will be good in 10 years when someone else is top mouse maker.

My Z5500's used to be louder than the Z906 can be. They just stopped working and I had to swap to Z906.

I've had computers since around 1980, and I've never once kept them on the floor. They are always on my nice, big desk, which I've had for about 30 years. I even have room to keep a steering wheel permanently attached, although I don't have a wheel at the moment.

What I need to work on is my power cord and cable management. With everything I have plugged in, it's a disaster behind the desk.

What I need to work on is my power cord and cable management. With everything I have plugged in, it's a disaster behind the desk.
There are advantages to using giant boxes as PC stands, you can't see behind them. I should arrange it better but it works right now. I don't have that many cables back there. Surge protector with 6 outlets, only 4 in use. Monitor, PC, speakers and bed plugged in there.
Biggest mess creator in my room (apart from me) is speaker cables. 5.1 speakers sure have lots of cables.
One day I will actually take the replacement 4 metre long RCA cables out of the box they were delivered in and maybe give the 3 shorter RCA cables a much needed break, but sub can't escape too far as its attached to the controller unit. Why you do that Logitech.

Probably doesn't help I like to have 2 speakers behind me, its meant to be surround... right?

Zloth

Community Contributor
I've kept mine on the floor for about 25 years now. Most have been full towers, though, so most of the PC wasn't near the ground at all. I've never seen dust build-up anything CLOSE to what was on that video!
  • Aesthetics: whatever
  • Kicks/scuffs - there's a floor speaker about 8 inches away. That protects the computer quite well. (And its heavy enough to hurt if I kick it barefoot, so I've learned to avoid it.)
  • Pets/Kids - none
  • Pride - none

Biggest mess creator in my room (apart from me) is speaker cables. 5.1 speakers sure have lots of cables.
Sheesh, I sure hear that. Wires all around!! I looked for wireless, but the cost seemed nuts.

TRENDING THREADS