Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 31 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
8:15 and I'm already out of breath.

My wife came downstairs half awake, so I put this song on my bluetooth speakers:
View: https://youtu.be/BRHxIsB0-yk

and started dancing. My wife gets light headed when she laughs. She told me to stop because she was about to pass out.

The key is to give it all you got with lots of "Jazz hands" starting at the 17 second mark :ROFLMAO: Don't forget to wiggle the buns.

Sort of woke up Guido, but it was worth it.

Last edited:
Interesting 1-minute audio "illusion"—I heard going up—you?

Reminds me of the blue/gold dress one, which I was stunned to discover I got wrong. If you haven't seen it, is her dress blue or gold?

The audio one is pretty interesting because they're playing octaves, so it could be either. Whichever you hear is going to be right. I originally heard it going up, but then when I read the text about is it up or down, I could hear it going down, too. It's kind of like the Laurel/Yanni thing. Speaking of that, I took my family down to Gatlinburg when the Laurel/Yanni thing was really popular. We went and hiked to Laurel Falls, and I kept calling it Yanni Falls. My boys said, "It's Laurel Falls, dad." I told them, "That's what I said...Yanni Falls." Lol.

As for the dress, I'm a realist, I guess. I've spent enough time editing photos and using an eyedropper to get colors, that I focus in on what's on the screen. What's on the screen there is gold and a very light gray. But I also know that it's possible if the dress is in a better light, then it could be blue and black. But honestly, the original picture is a little more confusing than the picture in that video.

Just picking up on something Frag Maniac said. I can't believe Britain still has a royal family, or any country has for that matter. And a coronation this year, are we in the middle ages?

Chop of their heads as the French said.(metaphorically of course)

Reactions: Pifanjr
You guys have been talking about dogs & cats, but what about fish? I saw this article this morning and thought it was hilarious. A guy's pet fish goes on a shopping spree using his credit card number on Nintendo Switch. I've never used Nintendo Switch, or had an aquarium (nor given a fish my credit card number), but kudos to this guy for being able to actually make something like this possible.
Pet fish goes on 'shopping spree' using owner's credit card and Nintendo Switch | WGME

You guys have been talking about dogs & cats, but what about fish? I saw this article this morning and thought it was hilarious. A guy's pet fish goes on a shopping spree using his credit card number on Nintendo Switch. I've never used Nintendo Switch, or had an aquarium (nor given a fish my credit card number), but kudos to this guy for being able to actually make something like this possible.
Pet fish goes on 'shopping spree' using owner's credit card and Nintendo Switch | WGME
That's awesome.

But honestly, the original picture is a little more confusing than the picture in that video.
I think that video may depend on your monitor settings. I was fiddling with mine yesterday to be able to see better in some caves, and now the picture is gold and white. I've tried to get it back to blue, but for some reason my changes aren't doing it today. Maybe it's where I'm sitting and the light around me.

@Brian Boru @WoodenSaucer

The dress in that video is literally white and gold. I checked it in Photoshop. When I looked at it the first time yesterday, my "brightness" and "gamma" were very low to help with my eye strain, so it looked much darker. Plus, I remembered I saw the dress as blue years ago. Today I looked at the video with my monitor settings back to normal and it was obviously white and gold, so I checked the colors in Photoshop, and they really are white and gold.

@Brian Boru @WoodenSaucer

The dress in that video is literally white and gold. I checked it in Photoshop. When I looked at it the first time yesterday, my "brightness" and "gamma" were very low to help with my eye strain, so it looked much darker. Plus, I remembered I saw the dress as blue years ago. Today I looked at the video with my monitor settings back to normal and it was obviously white and gold, so I checked the colors in Photoshop, and they really are white and gold.
I've looked at both on a laptop monitor that hasn't been changed. I'm pretty sure the dress in that video isn't exactly the same representation as the picture that was on social media a couple of years ago. You could take that picture in Photoshop, and it was basically gold and a shade of blue.

Reactions: Brian Boru
literally white and gold. I checked it in Photoshop
Oh great, I picked a dud—YT is flooded with it, and I wasn't going to spend time… Thanks you & Woody for checking my work :)

But years ago when it broke, even after it was established blue & black, I couldn't see a shred of those—still fully white & gold. Weird & interesting.

Those great pics which have 2 possible interpretations, I can always see the second one, eg this classic:
vyCqDFo.png

Another classic—which way is the ballerina spinning?
RYZhqsv.gif

Here's the original dress picture. It's a lot harder to tell. Unless you're color picking the actual colors on the screen. But if you train your mind to think about room lighting and shading, it could be either.

imrs.php
I can't get this one to change for me, even adjusting my screen and what surrounds the picture. It's always blue/black. I'm not sure you can train your mind for that unless your brain is borderline between the two.

------------

Ballerina - every now and then I can see what the picture is actually doing, just going back and forth instead of spinning, but then I lose it and she starts spinning again.

I can't get this one to change for me, even adjusting my screen and what surrounds the picture. It's always blue/black. I'm not sure you can train your mind for that unless your brain is borderline between the two.

Even when blocking out most of the picture I can't see anything but gold/white, though the white does seem to have a blueish tint sometimes if I block all the rest.

I was just wondering which other online publications do you find informative?

I read ars technica which has such a range of articles for example at present an interesting article about the 'generative AI revolution' through to a review of the upcoming Star Trek Picard. Plus many other topics that we regularly discuss.

I was just wondering which other online publications do you find informative?

I read ars technica which has such a range of articles for example at present an interesting article about the 'generative AI revolution' through to a review of the upcoming Star Trek Picard. Plus many other topics that we regularly discuss.
For similar topics to this place, IGN is decent. It's not limited to PC, though, but they do have a PC section in their forums.

Reactions: ipman
Ars Technica is really good. Anandtech used to be as well, but I havent found myself there much for a while. Its also a fine Future Publishing (TM) property like PCG and Toms Hardware

Waypoint has interesting gaming articles sometimes, from different angles than most. Techpowerup, Toms Hardware, and Guru3d for PC hardware reviews and computing in general.
With PCG, I thought that was just an adjunct to this forum:)

I used to read the New Scientist mag back in the day, and always thought I was ahead of the curve.

And there was something about gloosy magazines, also used to buy, Total PC Gaming and Custom PC. It's interesting looking back at them to see what the latest tech and games were like then.

Is there a world outside of 'gaming and tech':), but sure anywhere you find informative. I'll check out the ones above as well. You could also add to the YT channels thread, useful references.
For tools and discussions around building PCs, you can't beat PCPartPicker.com. As for YouTube channels on PC tech, one of my favorites is probably JayzTwoCents.

TRENDING THREADS