Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 19 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
So far the Orkin man is a failure. Every Sunday morning I clean the pool, and every Sunday morning it's a horror show. Take the lid off the skimmers and the things are just teaming with Black Widow spiders. And I have to get elbow deep in these things to get the baskets out. I've been paying an exterminator for the last couple of months and there's been no change, and I even discussed this specific problem with him. Fortunately, I only have a few more weeks then I'm closing the pool for the year.

Honestly, I don't even like having a pool anymore, and it's been a chore through the years. Besides the constant maintenance, we've had to replaster it twice, which is really expensive (like the cost of a starter vehicle). We've had to have the diving board and water slide removed and the concrete fixed. One year I forgot to winterize and we needed a new pump and filter the next year. Two other years the pump just didn't work at all after sitting all winter. And the lawn guy chopped through the electric cable that works the lights. And we've had dead birds, hoards of frogs and Black Widows. It's a pain.
Wow, man! That's scary. I've never heard of a Black Widow infestation like that. I have a friend who got bit by a brown recluse this year, and it messed her up bad. She thought she was going to have surgery, but she ended up recovering before it got to that.

Wow, man! That's scary. I've never heard of a Black Widow infestation like that. I have a friend who got bit by a brown recluse this year, and it messed her up bad. She thought she was going to have surgery, but she ended up recovering before it got to that.

There are also a bunch in the water meter, but that's not my problem. I never have to get in there. I've seen brown recluse before, but only one at a time and in random locations out in the yard. Now I just need some scorpions, rattlesnakes and copperheads to complete my east TN venomous animals list. My dog would probably eat them all, though. Her motto is "No brain, no pain."

Kind of on the animal topic, we occasionally get black bears wandering around town, but last year a policeman radioed in that he had seen a tiger. The whole city was like, "I'm going inside now." Speculation was that he had escaped from someone's home or a private zoo (the public zoo was quick to say they had all their tigers accounted for), but no one ever saw the tiger again, and people started laughing at the policeman for thinking he'd seen a tiger.

There are also a bunch in the water meter, but that's not my problem. I never have to get in there. I've seen brown recluse before, but only one at a time and in random locations out in the yard. Now I just need some scorpions, rattlesnakes and copperheads to complete my east TN venomous animals list. My dog would probably eat them all, though. Her motto is "No brain, no pain."
My sister lives in Arizona, and they have to deal with scorpions there.

Hang on, can you have male widows? :unsure:
Should those spiders be called Black Widowers?

I've watched a lot of British horseracing, and I'm pretty sure most of it also goes counter-clockwise—ie turning left :)
Maybe that's some of that factually incorrect history that needs rewritten. What I have read is that they run that way now, but back in the American colonial days, they used to run clockwise. We changed a lot of things to rebel against the British way of doing things. Drinking coffee instead of hot tea was another thing we did to stick it to the British. But who knows if any of that is really true? George Washington didn't really chop down his father's cherry tree, either.

You forgot, we also play football with our actual feet.
And pronounce aluminum aluminium, which is a fictitious word that adds a syllable and a vowel. :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely love British humor though, and I've also seen a lot of talent popping up regarding their actors and actresses. Plus, although I still don't see the relevancy of Royalty in modern times, there were obviously a lot of people touched by the passing of Queen Elizabeth the 2nd on a global scale.

Oh, almost forgot, my most popular video upload of all time is a short clip of Gordon Ramsay filleting a salmon very precisely and quickly.

I'm also a big fan of Bear Grylls, but he doesn't know how to take a pretty gal on a date. He had Julianne Hough drinking elephant poo juice! :poop:

In short, I think there's a lot of both good things and bad things about England and America, but I'm glad we are allies.

Last edited:
Hey, aluminium sounds more space age and is clearly better!

It was a fine place to be born and raised, but people are not that much different over the world when you get down to it. I have family in the states, my Aunt and a lot of cousins in Florida, I mean to go someday, I did go to New York for a few days when I was 17 or 18, loved it as well.

Bear Grylls lived somewhere near where I came from, my old boss new him fairly well. :)

And pronounce aluminum aluminium, which is a fictitious word that adds a syllable and a vowel. :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely love British humor though, and I've also seen a lot of talent popping up regarding their actors and actresses. Plus, although I still don't see the relevancy of Royalty in modern times, there were obviously a lot of people touched by the passing of Queen Elizabeth the 2nd on a global scale.

Oh, almost forgot, my most popular video upload of all time is a short clip of Gordon Ramsay filleting a salmon very precisely and quickly.

I'm also a big fan of Bear Grylls, but he doesn't know how to take a pretty gal on a date. He had Julianne Hough drinking elephant poo juice! :poop:

In short, I think there's a lot of both good things and bad things about England and America, but I'm glad we are allies.
My favorite clip of Ramsay is when he slapped two pieces of bread on a woman's ears and asked her what she was, and she looked completely dejected as she said, "An idiot sandwich."

I had a gif of that I watch over and over.

Hey, aluminium sounds more space age and is clearly better!
I would say it sounds more sci fi, since it IS a fictitious word.

Regarding Bear Grylls, it's not surprising he bought a small island in North Wales with a lighthouse and barracks looking building with 2' thick walls to convert to a family home. The guy is a true outdoorsman. I have to wonder how his wife reacted when he first suggested the idea though. She's like, "Well,...as long as we don't have to drink poo juice!" :ROFLMAO:

My favorite clip of Ramsay is when he slapped two pieces of bread on a woman's ears and asked her what she was, and she looked completely dejected as she said, "An idiot sandwich."

I had a gif of that I watch over and over.
On his shows he has mastered the art of humiliating contestants. You'd think being one of the top rated Michelin Star chefs would be enough for him, but he's got to lord it over you. On his MasterChef Junior show though he's the complete opposite, constantly encouraging the kids. I have to wonder how much cut footage there is we don't get to see though. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS