Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 21 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Tennessee beat Florida 38 to 33. It's hard for me to be happy about a game we tried to give away a half dozen times. With less than two minutes left, we were up by 11. By the end, Florida was throwing it into the endzone going for the win.

Frustration aside, we should be in the top 10 this week. We don't play next weekend, and then we go to LSU.

COLGeek

Tennessee beat Florida 38 to 33. It's hard for me to be happy about a game we tried to give away a half dozen times. With less than two minutes left, we were up by 11. By the end, Florida was throwing it into the endzone going for the win.

Frustration aside, we should be in the top 10 this week. We don't play next weekend, and then we go to LSU.
Life in the SEC is hard, especially with Georgia and Alabama in the mix.

Reactions: ZedClampet

Zloth

Community Contributor
By the way, I think that "exploring Mexico" might be what it always says when you are in Forza, even though there are a couple other places.
That was me, talking about the display in Steam for what game the player is playing. Those always show up as two lines: "in game" and the title of the game. Yours had three lines, with 'Exploring Mexico' showing underneath the Forza game title.

I don't suppose anyone knows the Steam API well enough to know if games can update that third line? I've started looking at people's in-game cards and haven't seen any other with 3 lines.

Reactions: ZedClampet

Zloth

Community Contributor
Was that a show that aired back in the 80's or 90's?
It's amazing how much work they put into pretending we're capable of space travel and that the planet isn't flat.
Not flat YET! I'm sick to death of dealing with time zone issues turning May 8th into May 7th at 11pm and I'm working with a construction company. Make the planet flat and all that goes away. Or do a Ringworld variation - whichever.

true stories from the Blue Book investigations in the 50s
I suppose if you like cars, may as well go for the vintage ones—they can be cool ;)

Not flat YET!
Ah, a brother!
Not enough people know about WJUADD* yet, spread the word in the northern hemisphere—we want southern to stay round, so Australia doesn't fulfill its role as a pimpl… uh, never mind 🙃

* World Jump Up And Down Day

AI is putting Bruce Willis into movies and commercials. There's no doubting star appeal in Hollywood. Is there a distant future where there are no new actors because AI is putting the same old favorites in everything? That's not appealing to me, even as much as I like Bruce Willis.
I remember people having that discussion back when CGI started becoming a little more realistic (by standards back then). Like maybe around the time Polar Express came out, and Tom Hanks was playing a lot of the characters. People discussed the possibility of having CGI actors that could be used in multiple, unrelated movies, so real people don't have to perform as much action.

But now things are so advanced they can mix things like DeepFake with CGI to get fairly realistic looking fake actors. Not only that, but I just read that James Earl Jones is retiring from Star Wars, but he signed off on letting them use an AI version of his voice for future Darth Vader usages.

Zloth

Community Contributor
AI is putting Bruce Willis into movies and commercials. There's no doubting star appeal in Hollywood. Is there a distant future where there are no new actors because AI is putting the same old favorites in everything? That's not appealing to me, even as much as I like Bruce Willis.
Or, if you can't afford star appeal, just design some yourself. There are LOTS of advertisements out there where the whole selling point is "see the good looking/relatable people enjoy the product." They could create some up like we design RPG characters. Maybe somebody could make a whole slew of them and let companies use them for a really small fee.

If they can get more data on your habits, they might be able to see what people's images you linger over a little longer than others. Then they could put an algorithm together to design an actor on demand! Keep the data coming in and the algorithm could even update that look after you've gotten a bit tired of seeing nearly the same few people all the time. O brave new world, that has such "people" in it!

Or, if you can't afford star appeal, just design some yourself. There are LOTS of advertisements out there where the whole selling point is "see the good looking/relatable people enjoy the product." They could create some up like we design RPG characters. Maybe somebody could make a whole slew of them and let companies use them for a really small fee.

If they can get more data on your habits, they might be able to see what people's images you linger over a little longer than others. Then they could put an algorithm together to design an actor on demand! Keep the data coming in and the algorithm could even update that look after you've gotten a bit tired of seeing nearly the same few people all the time. O brave new world, that has such "people" in it!
I don't think it's in people's nature to rather see someone they don't know. But, then again, I never took past freshman psychology, so what do I know?

Zloth

Community Contributor
I don't think it's in people's nature to rather see someone they don't know.
{shrug} Just turn on live TV and watch the advertisements. At least half of them will be happy people using the product. (Or maybe saying nice things about the candidate! `Tis the season! ;))

I wonder if anyone would be able to pull off a completely fake body, say on a YouTube channel? Make a realistic looking character that doesn't look all that much like you, make some videos, map the character over your own self, and upload the videos. Then all you need is an impressive voice. Radio personalities rejoice!

{shrug} Just turn on live TV and watch the advertisements. At least half of them will be happy people using the product. (Or maybe saying nice things about the candidate! `Tis the season! ;))

I wonder if anyone would be able to pull off a completely fake body, say on a YouTube channel? Make a realistic looking character that doesn't look all that much like you, make some videos, map the character over your own self, and upload the videos. Then all you need is an impressive voice. Radio personalities rejoice!
Not too hard with DeepFake.

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr
Not too hard with DeepFake.
I was going to put myself in Pulp Fiction, so I watched a tutorial of using DeepFake, and the guy basically said your PC would run constantly for a week to create the video, so I just forgot about it. This was a few years ago, so maybe it's been streamlined/improved.

I may be in the Matrix. I've been having a lot of odd encounters with people lately. First this woman took a picture of me at the gas station. Then a cashier at Taco Bell called me "beautiful". Then some random woman led me around the frozen food section at the grocery story telling me about all her favorites. And today I had to pick up Guido early and took him for lunch and the waitress kept referring to me in a sultry voice as "my love." Every time she left, Guido broke into laughter.

Either my section of the matrix got a new writer, or my psycho hobo look with the long hair and mottled beard is mesmerizing people. Maybe this is how Charles Manson got so many followers.

TRENDING THREADS