Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 15 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I wonder how long you would have to wait given the position in the queue... ;)
It actually did not take that long, so thankfully the number did not reflect how it normally is in similar games. Played one round of it and not my cup of tea. Already got plenty of Battle Royale games I switch between so it would have to be something intriguing to get my attention.

Nothing beats home-made apple pie.
😁 😁
3MmbDgY.png

Crumble cakes, crumble pies, and just crumbles.
Apple crumble is just scrambled apple pie.

Is cheesecake really a cake?

Pie's should at least have crust on the sides and preferably on the top too, while cakes don't necessarily have to include flour, at least not in every layer.

What about potato cakes, crab cakes or fish cakes?

Apple crumble is just scrambled apple pie.

There's no pie crust up in there being scrambled, there's only crumble and apple.

Pie's should at least have crust on the sides and preferably on the top too, while cakes don't necessarily have to include flour, at least not in every layer.

What about potato cakes, crab cakes or fish cakes?
Sandwich cakes, Urinal cake? If it aint sweet its not involved. Also, what kind of actual cake doesnt have flour in it? Raw cakes maybe, they can be tasty but are cake in name only

You'll be telling me tarts are a type of pie next.

There's no pie crust up in there being scrambled, there's only crumble and apple.

Sandwich cakes, Urinal cake? If it aint sweet its not involved. Also, what kind of actual cake doesnt have flour in it? Raw cakes maybe, they can be tasty but are cake in name only

You'll be telling me tarts are a type of pie next.
What's the crumble if not crust?

Also, tarts are defined as small pies.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Tarte tatin serves 6? How about flans? :p

I dont accept that crumble is a crust because that means cobbler is too!

Anyway pie is better than cake generally speaking, unless its a cheesecake. Or a pudding.

6 people is small, I usually serve double that with my apple pie.

Flans and cobblers are both pies. Cobblers have a crust, flans not necessarily.

Quiches are pies too by the way.

Pudding is its own thing.

I have discovered there's quite a lot of pastries and desserts out there that I haven't tried yet. I should try making some, though my wife being lactose intolerant means I might have to get creative.

However, we do have an ice cream maker we haven't done nearly enough with, so perhaps I should start there. Also, if anyone was curious: yes, you can make spicy doritos flavoured ice cream. It isn't even all that bad, provided you like spicy doritos.

IMG_20220611_220506487.jpg

I disagree with everything being a pie, mostly because I think its funny.

My mum always made cobbler kind of this way so I always thought of its as kind of floating scones (Scones!) in a fruit sauce. Unless it was a beef cobbler of course.

I'll see your lactose intolerant and raise you a non dairy, non gluten eating wife. Oat based Ice cream is pretty good, and we've been using oat milk for years anyway. But its kind of limiting when we try to eat out or order food. I also cant really make as many cakes or pies anymore if there's not a special occasion as I really have to put the work in to eat it all before it goes off.

There was a chef from the UK who made bacon and egg icecream, I think I'd rather sample your spicy Doritos version.

Last edited:
I do like a good apple or peach crisp.

Questions #2-#5 - Wings: traditional or boneless? Dry rub or wet sauce? What kind of sauce? What kind of dipping sauce?

My answer is boneless wings with wet Buffalo sauce, and ranch to dip it in. Although, I like honey BBQ from time to time, too, if I'm not in the mood to asphyxiate on stomach acid in the middle of the night.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
Traditional or boneless - doesn't matter to me, whichever is cheaper. Buffalo sauce, though other kinds are also really good.... eeesh, first I'm fine with just about any pie. (Heck, I'm good with a bag of sugar and a spoon.) Now I'm good with most any sort of wings. Black or red licorice - whichever. What's going on!? I'm a picky eater, gorram it!!
...as I really have to put the work in to eat it all before it goes off.
This word "work" - I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)

My mum always made cobbler kind of this way so I always thought of its as kind of floating scones (Scones!) in a fruit sauce. Unless it was a beef cobbler of course.
I have to agree, that does look like you're just making scones and jam in one dish.

I'll see your lactose intolerant and raise you a non dairy, non gluten eating wife. Oat based Ice cream is pretty good, and we've been using oat milk for years anyway. But its kind of limiting when we try to eat out or order food. I also cant really make as many cakes or pies anymore if there's not a special occasion as I really have to put the work in to eat it all before it goes off.

I do have to eat all dairy or make sure we have enough lactase. Cakes or pies aren't a problem at least, as I can use margerine for those.

There was a chef from the UK who made bacon and egg icecream, I think I'd rather sample your spicy Doritos version.

Bacon ice cream does sound good...

Questions #2-#5 - Wings: traditional or boneless? Dry rub or wet sauce? What kind of sauce? What kind of dipping sauce?

Boneless wings with a collection of sauces. I like using a different sauce for each wing.

That reminds me of the time my wife and I went to the White Castle drive through and noticed a sticker that said "Craving condiments? Just ask!" So of course when I got to the window I told them I was "craving condiments" and they looked at me like I was insane. I don't think they realized/remembered they had those stickers. It probably didn't help my wife and I were cracking up during. We did get a lot of condiments though and it was great using a different one for each slider, then combining them once I tried each one separately.

TRENDING THREADS