Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 11 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
@Zloth She might grow on me, but the not looking at you part is a bit strange since she is also an outcast from what I understand. Maybe she had some important role before she got thrown out and still lives by it. I don't dare to read your spoiler tag though, so I'll just believe in that.

@Sarafan Destroying robots sounds like a good plan. I look forward to riding some of them also, I saw that in one of the early game reviews.

I like the small starter zone though, just enough robots to practice on, level up a bit and some of the bags also I reckon. Think I'll just stay there from a couple of more levels, prank Rost a little with some fire arrows, and maybe try to pull one of the robots near his campfire. Will he just sit there or will he move at all. He did teach me the art of hunting after all.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I don't dare to read your spoiler tag though, so I'll just believe in that.
You're safe from that spoiler. Only people who are just about to start the game need to worry about it. She only shows up in that one little quest.

Come to think of it, I really should go check in on her again. I don't know if I can even find her - I was really clueless when I did that quest.

Reactions: Frindis
For our 50th anniversary, we’re ruining our reputation with GFT Shop! Good job Atari! What is GFT you might wonder? Well *sips through a BIG cup of black coffee" Why don't we let Atari answer that themselves:

"A GFT is a surprise limited edition, gift-wrapped NFTs designed to delight — on any occasion. Each GFT is a limited collection, with some GFTs more rare than others. On a specified date, GFTs unwrap, and holders will find out exactly what’s inside their GFT surprise gift box." Link for more sad reading: https://gftshoppe.com/atari.....

What the hell is happening with the gaming industry, are they all just going completely bonkers? The sad part is that people WILL buy this ****!

Zloth

Community Contributor
For all we know, the surprise could be the string "WTF". All you know is that you'll get something digital. Some of these whatevers are more common than the others. They don't open until a "certain" date, which I can't find a hint about. I'm betting it's after all the credit card payments have cleared, though.

Oh, and do you see anything there saying Atari has any involvement in this at all? I see their logo at the top, but that's it. It's run by something called Republic Realm. Who's that? Can you even tell what nation this company is in?? I can see who's running this forum and where they are at the bottom of every page. Most sites have some sort of 'contact us' section. All this has is an email address.

So yeah, stinks to high heaven.

P.S. If you want to transfer it, you've got to pay a fee. How much? Depends.

It's run by something called Republic Realm. Who's that?
Seems to be HQ'd in New York, judging by their job vacancies.

Looks like an acquisitive investment company, with many irons in the fire:

"one of the most active developers of the metaverse and NFT ecosystem"

"backed by strategic financial and crypto investors. We're an affiliate of Republic.co, the multi-asset investment platform"

"Republic Realm invests in, manages, and develops assets including NFTs, virtual real estate, metaverse platforms, gaming, and infrastructure and currently has holdings in 25 metaverse platforms, has developed six metaverse real estate projects, and owns over 3,000 NFTs"

Now owned by French company Atari SA, formerly known as Infogrames [Alone in the Dark, Civ3, etc]. It and US subsidiaries went in and out of bankruptcy last decade.

Atari has been tweeting about this collaboration so at least they know about it. Not that it makes it any better though. Republic Realm basically sells Atari a spot on their meta platform or whatever the shait it is called to sell off the Emperor's new clothes in the form of GFT loot boxes and of course get a % of the sales. Is it shait? Yes. Will they both make money on it? Yes. Will you be able to buy Atari E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial NFT in the future? *shivers* probably.

Watched some Dying Light 2 reviews, took a look at Metacritic, Reddit, and some Steam reviews. Looks like a lot of people think Dying Light is better in a lot of the areas I would enjoy in a zombie game: Combat feels more realistic -better ragdoll effect/x-ray, the wind on the roofs, darker at night, slightly more power in the melee attacks, and the ability to throw weapons and use GUNS (only one single gun in DL2) So, based on that I installed the Dying Light Platinum edition on Fanatical for €14.99 (70% off) instead and after a couple of hours in it, it's looking like I did the right call.

I'm sure a lot of the things I mentioned will get ironed out with patches, but while waiting for that and a Dying Light 2 discount, I feel I am better off with Dying Light right now.

Did you buy Dying Light 2 and how would you compare it to the original? Disagree with me perhaps?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Did you buy Dying Light 2 and how would you compare it to the original? Disagree with me perhaps?

I finished DL1, but only watched some streams from DL2. From what I've seen so far it seems the games are comparable in terms of gameplay. It's hard to make a definitive statement without playing it though. I don't think it's noticeably worse than the first one. It also expands the original in some areas. The game is definitely on my scope, but I will probably wait until it receives a discount. A lot of great games come out this year, so I have to plan my budget carefully. ;)

Around 10 hours in DL1 now and still fun! Since I got all the DLC's I noticed a lot of new blueprints in my inventory. Seems I am able to make bows and even guns already. Nothing too overpowered, but just enough to make life a little easier than using something like a white or green crowbar. The night is nice for leveling and it is not that hard yet to avoid the dangerous zombies. Can't see shait though, since I'm scared to use the flashlight.

@Sarafan I recently changed my outfit. Is there a way for me to see how it looks on my character?

Reactions: Sarafan and Pifanjr
I'm going to be so mad about myself if I buy the gold supporter package for Lost Ark. Don't do it a little voice says to me, don't do it!:D

Are you guys hyped for it also? Backers can play it in some hours, the rest have to wait until the 11th, thus why I am looking at the Gooooooold package since it got the best bang for the buck. Talk about getting dragged onto the hype train, tooooot tooooot!

Are you guys hyped for it also?
Sounds like a new game, huh? So no, not in the least hyped.

Toooooot me up in a couple of years when it's finally been fixed and patched as much as it's going to be, the Gold Package has been subsumed in a sea of DLC which has by then stopped trickling, and of course there are many fantastic mods available to bypass all the boring and tedious parts—not to mention the Gold price has been replaced by the 90% off all-in Tin price, or Free on Epic.

Gee look, I'm talking myself into it—so mark your calendar "Toooooot BB Feb 2024" :D

• Love
Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
It's not for everyone, hell, I'm not even sure it is for me. The thing I love with these games is loot and that seems kind of lackluster in Lost Ark. I'm going to follow a streamer, get some twitch drops, and see if I like the atmosphere before buying into some of the founders. The hype train is definitely strong in this one though, Twitch is dragging me in like a deer in the headlights.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I am interested in lost ark being free and all it might be interesting. of course, we'll have to see how they'll monetize the game and whether its any good... Will download and play it i suppose. I only really have time for one live service/mutliplayer game to commit to and thats path of exile and i'm taking a break from that.

Reactions: Frindis

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I watched some of the Lost Ark streams and the game seems to have too many MMORPG elements for my liking. It has this specific MMORPG feeling. Maybe I'll give it a shot at some point because it also reminds me of Diablo 3 style of gameplay and I enjoyed this game despite its flaws. Besides why not give it a try since it's for free?

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS