Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 12 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
But... but... this is another layer of the... you know... cosmos, and what is out there. I think I'll rush out and pre-order!

Yeah, that video was horrible. Four guys, just sitting around, trying to cover marketing selling points.

P.S. There's gameplay in there! At 4:15, there's ten seconds of Oblivion gameplay!

• Haha
Reactions: Pifanjr and Frindis
Yum! Just ate some dried deer heart while browsing the forums. I'm sure the deer is happy to know I liked it and that at least some parts of the deer came to good use:) TFIG guys, hope you all have a relaxing weekend with some gaming and maybe a couple of brewskies also. Cheers!
GcqaiMM.gif

Last edited:
It's TGIF again, going to watch Amber Tu... and Depp's final trial phase before the sentencing. It is going to be a blast! My PC is getting a bit dusty again so might just be time to take it out for a car wash. I wish everyone a good weekend and do try to get some sun on your gamer-crusted bodies (my own included) :beercheers: :p

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
We had a tornado come through my area today. We're safe, but in a town about 10 minutes away, the fire department had its roof ripped off.
Me, too! (It's still part of today for me. Barely.) A few little ones. No serious damage but a lot of trees and powerlines down. I didn't even get any of that, but we did get enough cloud-to-cloud lightning to make the place look like a disco.

They weren't expected and developed quickly, which caught the local authorities off guard and at home, where they couldn't use their normal systems that let them turn on sirens only in the areas that are in danger. So, they had to kick them on for the entire county instead. At 1:30am.

That's the first time I've had to go down to the basement to take shelter in a few years. Tornados are getting rarer in eastern Kansas. (He says, with more storms coming tomorrow night....)

I'll take the tornadoes over the hurricanes any day. It's really rare for people to get seriously hurt by tornadoes, at least around here where basements are plentiful. If you do get hit, you can probably move to your in-town relatives' place or a nearby hotel until you get a new place. With a hurricane, it takes out your place, your relatives places, the hotels, your workplace, your bank, all the places to eat or buy food....

Scariest night of my life was in Indianapolis in the 00s, 16 tornados touched down. Nothing near us, but we were glued to the news. Roofs damaged a couple of miles away.

I'll take a hurricane any day in preference, at least you can see the thing coming and happening—tornados just 'boom' out of nowhere and can change direction quickly anytime.
Were you living in Indy? I live in Indiana.

TGIF guys! Wish you all a great weekend.

Throwing in for any ESO players here that you can get Ouroboros Crowns and different skins/pets by following the info on https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62175 and watching a streamer for some hours until you can redeem the item. If you never watch streams you don't really need to watch them either, you can just click on one, mute them/put it on low resolution, and go about your business.

Yep, went Hoosier for a while :)

Good time I picked too, there for the glory days of Peyton Manning and Reggie Miller.
Those were the days, man! I was into the Colts big time back then. Not so much now. We got to go to a Colts game not last season, but the one before that. It's the only NFL game I've ever been to. But Lucas Oil Stadium was unbelievable. And we got to sit like 12 rows behind the Colts bench, which was crazy. It was a great game to go to, not because the subpar team did any good, but because they were honoring Dwight Freeney with an award, and Peyton and a lot of the old guys were there for it.

Hey, it's good to talk to someone else who was a Hoosier for a while. What part of the world are you living in now?

Oh, and speaking of the Hoosiers movie you linked to, part of that movie was filmed in my high school's town. They took a group of us kids over and dressed us up in old clothes to use us for part of the crowd at a game. I was a few feet away from Gene Hackman at one point.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Good time I picked too, there for the glory days of Peyton Manning and Reggie Miller.
{grumble grumble} and beating Chiefs in playoffs {grumble grumble} ;)

I remember one against the Colts the whole family watched, including my then-about-four-years-old niece. She elected to cheer for the "Quilts". Partially because of the horsey but mostly because she was A LITTLE STINKER!! We lost. Kinda bad. She was overjoyed (because: stinker). She'll be hearing that story played back to her for maaaany decades to come!

I was into the Colts big time back then
I'm not an American Football fan—too little play time v watching time—but I can appreciate a good team and player in most sports. Colts were unlucky back then to be in the same conference as the superb Patriots & Brady.

Best game I saw was in Indy on November 4th 2007 when Patriots came to visit. Both were unbeaten, Patriots 8-0, Colts 7-0—I believe 15-0 is the highest unbeaten tally for 2 teams meeting?

Colts were Super Bowl champs at the time, and gained a 10 point lead early in the 4th quarter. But then Brady made 2 touchdown passes to win it. Great game, 2 great teams, 2 great QBs.

I stopped following them after the 2009 season when they refused to go for a grand slam season when 14-0 and only 2 regular season games remaining. That left a sour taste—someone wins a Super Bowl every year, but almost no team has done a regular season clean sweep.

{grumble grumble} and beating Chiefs in playoffs {grumble grumble} ;)

I remember one against the Colts the whole family watched, including my then-about-four-years-old niece. She elected to cheer for the "Quilts". Partially because of the horsey but mostly because she was A LITTLE STINKER!! We lost. Kinda bad. She was overjoyed (because: stinker). She'll be hearing that story played back to her for maaaany decades to come!
Being from Indiana, we're Colts fans. But my oldest son used to be like your niece. He became a Saints fan just to spite us. Haha.

TRENDING THREADS