Co-op PC games to play with my non-gamer girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2021
Visit site
Hi! My girlfriend isn't a gamer, but she's been playing games with her friend and is now asking me for a PlayStation! I truly don't wanna buy something that she'd probably only use the first couple of months before getting bored of it, that's why i'd rather have her play PC games since we already have a PC and we both have laptops. But i have no idea what games to buy! I'm also not a gamer; i used to play all day all night on my PS2 as a kid but not anymore. So i have no idea about today's games.
I think she's interested in simple games like tennis, guitar hero, the sims, dynasty warriors, and tekken since she can't speak english at all. She also likes to mess around in GTA. Which specific games would you recommend for me to buy that can be played by two people? (Maybe also recommend me some simple single player games like the sims for her to play when i'm not available).

Zloth

Community Contributor
Lots of games have translations - just keep an eye on what translations are available. Steam lists them specifically on the store page.

The Divinity: Original Sin games are what I think of when somebody wants co-op. The first game has more silliness and isn't as hard (IMHO) as the second game, though it starts out with a mystery that keeps you in the starting town for quite a while. The second game is bigger, better, and harder - might need to play it on easy difficulty given that you've been out of circulation for so long.

Portal has a co-op mode, too. Or was that just Portal 2? Both are excellent puzzle games.

Saints Row The Third is excellent and similar to GTA, only it takes itself FAR FAR less seriously. Also, it's rated double-M. You have to be old enough to have kids that are old enough to play M rated games to play Saints Row: The Third. ;) I don't think there's a co-op mode for that one.

Honestly, there's thousands of games that could work well for single player.

Jul 7, 2021
Visit site
Lots of games have translations - just keep an eye on what translations are available. Steam lists them specifically on the store page.

The Divinity: Original Sin games are what I think of when somebody wants co-op. The first game has more silliness and isn't as hard (IMHO) as the second game, though it starts out with a mystery that keeps you in the starting town for quite a while. The second game is bigger, better, and harder - might need to play it on easy difficulty given that you've been out of circulation for so long.

Portal has a co-op mode, too. Or was that just Portal 2? Both are excellent puzzle games.

Saints Row The Third is excellent and similar to GTA, only it takes itself FAR FAR less seriously. Also, it's rated double-M. You have to be old enough to have kids that are old enough to play M rated games to play Saints Row: The Third. ;) I don't think there's a co-op mode for that one.

Honestly, there's thousands of games that could work well for single player.
Hey, thanks for replying! Can those games be played on 1 computer with 2 controllers? Or am i supposed to install the game on 2 laptops? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question 😅
If you have other recommendations please do tell so i can check them out. Thanks!

some simple single player games
I'll mention the casual gaming scene, since nobody else is likely to. Take a look at Big Fish Games…
…and browse any genres which look appealing.

Great thing about BFG is there is a 60-90 minute demo available for every game. I've been with them since the 00s, have hundreds of games there—they're a very solid outfit.

M.i.n.e.c.r.a.f.t. might be nice, it has very little text and is pretty easy to grasp, plus it has something for most people to enjoy. (Sorry for the periods, I think @Colif might ban me if I ever utter that name uncensored again, as it seems to attract a whole bunch of bots to the site)

Don't Starve Together is not very casual per se, but the basic mechanics are pretty easily understood and it also doesn't rely on text much. It's easy to learn, hard to master.

Magicka (2) is also a great co-op game, though the controls take some getting used to.

Skyrim is a great game for single-player and I'm assuming has been translated in most major languages and a whole bunch of minor ones as well. There is also a multiplayer mod that is pretty wonky, but it works well enough to mess around together.

Tabletop Simulator has a ton of board games available for free through the workshop that you can play together.

All of these should be able to run on most laptops as well, though Skyrim might have to be ran at low settings.

Also check out the Epic store's weekly giveaways. The current one is not that interesting, but there have been some amazing giveaways.

That's just Portal 2 (though Portal is an excellent suggestion for a single player game).

Saints Row has had Co-op since the first game, though the first game only had a limited set of co-op missions. From the second game, the entire game is playable in co-op, though for the 3rd and the 4th game you have to get the Online Pass DLC.

Hi! My girlfriend isn't a gamer, but she's been playing games with her friend and is now asking me for a PlayStation! I truly don't wanna buy something that she'd probably only use the first couple of months before getting bored of it, that's why i'd rather have her play PC games since we already have a PC and we both have laptops. But i have no idea what games to buy! I'm also not a gamer; i used to play all day all night on my PS2 as a kid but not anymore. So i have no idea about today's games.
I think she's interested in simple games like tennis, guitar hero, the sims, dynasty warriors, and tekken since she can't speak english at all. She also likes to mess around in GTA. Which specific games would you recommend for me to buy that can be played by two people? (Maybe also recommend me some simple single player games like the sims for her to play when i'm not available).

The first two games you should think about are Portal 2 (the original Portal doesn't have co-op) and It Takes Two.

These are probably the two most extraordinary co-op games ever made and don't involve mindless shooting. They are absolutely brilliant in how you have to work together to solve problems in very fun ways, and both games have a lot of humor in them.

Other than those, you could try Minecraft, either the Win10 version or the Java version. Java can be modded easily, but requires a more beefy computer (I know the graphics are pixilated, but you'd be surprised how hard the Java version is on a PC).

I pretty much disagree with most of the other recommendations you've received if both of you are rather novice gamers. Anyone can play and enjoy the above 3 games.

If you want an MMO, try Wizard101. It seems like a kids game, but adults are the biggest audience. It has turn-based combat. It's kind of like Harry Potter online. After the first 30 minutes (and the game would take you many months to actually complete) everything can be played together. It's fun and has a great story.

Is stardew valley worth a try?

I didn't mention Stardew Valley because it has quite a lot of text and I didn't think it would be available in a lot of other languages, but I just looked it up and the FAQ mentions it's available in English, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Italian, French, Korean, Turkish, and Hungarian, which is more than I expected.

Katamari Damacy: Reroll, its on Steam, if you know what that is and that at least one of you guys have an account. Only objective is to roll a ball over anything and everything. Simple, dont need to really know the dialogue, fun, cute etc. There are really a LOT of games for players like you out there. I can list off a whole bunch, but i think you guys would enjoy this one in particular.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Shellshock Live could be an option. A simple tank vs tank(s) game that you can play together. Easy to learn and fun. Super Animal Royale is a free and fun battle royale game that you can play together against other people. Circle of Sumo Online is a free lowkey fighting game about, well, sumo:) Last but not least: Ultimate Arena. Pretty much an automated battle royale simulator where you can choose quirky names and watch them fight against each other in a 2D landscape.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
I think most of the Lego games would be suitable, eg. Lego Star Wars.
They're pretty much all (optionally) multiplayer, and have some minor puzzling to do.
And a lot of the cut scenes are acted out without text/voice so wouldn't require knowing english (although you'd hope they would localize most games tbh).

Reactions: Pifanjr and allenio
Jul 4, 2021
Visit site

she is a very lucky girl

Jun 8, 2021
Visit site
Dark anthologies series like man of medan and little hope offer a great coop experience for those looking for a more story based game. They are also not overly complicated in their controls which makes them excellent for inexperienced gamers.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Thats soo adorable! I have a few couch co-op games that i play with my friend on my pc with two controllers, dont need a high-end pc and theyre very simple and cheap! Really fun to play.
1-No Heroes Here (Strategy/teamwork)
2-Unspottable (funny)
3-Overcooked (funny/teamwork)
4-Struggling (funny/teamwork)
5-Octodad (funny)
6-Cuphead (difficult/teamwork)
7-Duck Game (funny)
Heres some high end games too if you have a gaming pc
1-A Way Out (funny/emotional/teamwork)
2-Portal 2 (puzzles/teamwork)
3-It Takes Two (teamwork/perfect for couples)
I hope you like them :)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS