Question can you use virutalbox 7.0.1 without virtualization setup on your computer or how to use older versions of virtualbox that can run without virtualizat

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
see i have a windows 10 computer and when iv tried enabling virtualization before in bios my computer wouldnt work properly so i have to keep it disabled

will i be able to still install windows with the iso i have and run it on virtualbox without enabling virutalization?

and if so could you please explain how to do so

or if newer virtualbox is incapable of running with virtualization enabled then how do you run an older version of virtualbox on a windows 10 computer without my computer blocking it for being an older version

see i have two computers a windows 11 and a windows 10 but i recently discovered my windows 11 doesnt have a optical drive to put in Ant Bully

so even thou i was able to get windows running on virtualbox with the fact my windows 11 can have virtualization enabled which it does automatically it does not a optical drive to put a cd in

and while my windows 10 does have a optical drive for cd roms it does not have the ability to enable virtualization without causing my computer to be unfunctional

so i either need a way to run windows without virtualization on virtualbox 7.0

or i need a way to install an older version of virtualbox without my windows 10 computer blocking it due to it being an older version

[Mod edit: changed 3 instances of 'optimal' to 'optical'.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
VirtualBox requires that virtualization support be enabled in BIOS and will NOT work without it. In fact all of the virtual machines require that support be enabled in BIOS. You cannot bypass this requirement.
but youtube videos were showing that virtualization isnt required for older versions isnt this correct?

and while my windows 10 does have a optical drive for cd roms it does not have the ability to enable virtualization without causing my computer to be unfunctional
what happens when you enable it on this PC? Fixing 10 would be the easiest option.

Perhaps tell us what motherboard it has, I see what I can find.

Pretty sure you need virtualisation on, its how the VM works.

Reactions: Brian Boru

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the specifications for the Windows 10 system, the one with the optical drive (ODD)?

Describe with you meant by "it does not have the ability to enable virtualization without causing my computer to be unfunctional"? In what way was it "unfunctional"?

Solving that problem may solve your other problem.

Did you ever resolve the Win 7 product key/media issue?

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
What are the specifications for the Windows 10 system, the one with the optical drive (ODD)?

Describe with you meant by "it does not have the ability to enable virtualization without causing my computer to be unfunctional"? In what way was it "unfunctional"?

Solving that problem may solve your other problem.

Did you ever resolve the Win 7 product key/media issue?
oh that problem got easily resolved on my windows 11 only issue is my windows 11 has no cd rom so i cant run the game cd into the virtualmachine of windows on virtualbox

i sent the specifications of my system in reply to Colif

COLGeek

Cybernaut
oh that problem got easily resolved on my windows 11 only issue is my windows 11 has no cd rom so i cant run the game cd into the virtualmachine of windows on virtualbox

i sent the specifications of my system in reply to Colif
Are you setting this up on the Win 11 or Win 10 system? From what you stated earlier, it appeared to be the Win 10 system.

If correct, what happens when you enable AMD-V/SVM in your BIOS?

Also, you know you can pick up a cheap USB optical drive and solve the ODD issue with your Win 11 PC, right?

For example: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-DW316-USB-DVD-Drive-DW316/dp/B00VWVZ0V0/

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
Are you setting this up on the Win 11 or Win 10 system? From what you stated earlier, it appeared to be the Win 10 system.

If correct, what happens when you enable AMD-V/SVM in your BIOS?

Also, you know you can pick up a cheap USB optical drive and solve the ODD issue with your Win 11 PC, right?

For example: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-DW316-USB-DVD-Drive-DW316/dp/B00VWVZ0V0/
but the game is a cd?

wont that not work?

i was setting it up originally on windows 10 but virtualization is required on the newest version and my computer wont work with virutalization enabled on my winodws 10

so only option is windows 11 but windows 11 pc tower doesnt have a optimal drive

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
The recommended optical drive also works with CDs.

You still haven't answered the question about what actually happens when you enable AMD-V/SVT.

If you don't answer questions, we can't help you effectively.

Good luck.
i told you the computer wont work and crashes but ill test it again to see what exactly happens so i can inform you

dvd drives are backwards compatible meaning you can use them to play CD's as well
From Amazon for that DVD:
About this item

Dvdrw (R DL)/ DVD-RAM
24x (CD)/ 8x (DVD) read speed
24x (CD)/ 8x (DVDR)/ 6x (DVDR DL) write speed
If win 10 PC won't run with Virtualisation on, buy the DVD drive and attach it to PC and give VM access same way as I showed in link.

Knowing about VM isn't really something that is common on Games websites, some of us only know as we are on PC Hardware forums as well. Tom's Hardware, for instance.

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
dvd drives are backwards compatible meaning you can use them to play CD's as well

If win 10 PC won't run with Virtualisation on, buy the DVD drive and attach it to PC and give VM access same way as I showed in link.

Knowing about VM isn't really something that is common on Games websites, some of us only know as we are on PC Hardware forums as well. Tom's Hardware, for instance.
but wait im confuse wont the virtualmachine not work without virtualization

also i just enabled virtualization on my computer and actually so far its not crashing with virtualization setup

so maybe this is possible

only now how do i run the game cd on a virtualmachine of windows?

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site

You still haven't answered the question about what actually happens when you enable AMD-V/SVT.

Good luck.
i just enabled virtualization on my computer and actually so far its not crashing with virtualization setup
so maybe this is possible
only now how do i run the game cd on a virtualmachine of windows?

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site

View: https://imgur.com/a/8WW4jlj

this was'nt happening before but now when trying to download virtualbox and double clicking i get this window message

granted i was able to remove it by going to properties and checking off unblock with then clicking apply and clicking ok

but i wanted to figure out why this message appeared in the first place when it hasnt before

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site

Good luck.
View: https://imgur.com/a/8WW4jlj

this was'nt happening before but now when trying to download virtualbox and double clicking i get this window message
granted i was able to remove it by going to properties and checking off unblock with then clicking apply and clicking ok
but i wanted to figure out why this message appeared in the first place when it hasnt before

Thats windows defender protections.

Had you put virtualbox on that pc before? or is that a newer version of installer?
Its possible they haven't signed the installer to work with 10, clicking unblock is the only way.

but wait im confuse wont the virtualmachine not work without virtualization
I meant the win 11 pc, since you said you could enable it on win 10 one.

If its working on 10, don't need to buy the dvd drive. :)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2024
Visit site
Thats windows defender protections.

Had you put virtualbox on that pc before? or is that a newer version of installer?
Its possible they haven't signed the installer to work with 10, clicking unblock is the only way.

I meant the win 11 pc, since you said you could enable it on win 11 one.

If its working on 10, don't need to buy the dvd drive. :)
well i might need to restract because its seemingly like my pc is crashing every time virtualization is enabled on the windows 10 pc

Sep 26, 2024
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts