Can Anyone Recommend a Good Atari Mini 400 Compatible Controller?

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
While I'm quite happy with my Atari 400 Mini overall, a BIG drawback (for me) is the feel of the controller that comes with it. Specifically, it's too stiff and lacks any tactile feedback from the stick.

So can anyone recommend a good 3rd party controller that's compatible with the 400 Mini? Requirements is that its USB-based and resembles/feels like an original Atari 2600 controller. (Call me a dinosaur, but I grew up with an Atari 2600 and Atari 800 computer, and never got used to the PS3 and X-Box controllers that are so popular now.) Ideal size and feel would be either an original 2600 stick that works with USB, or something like the controller which comes with the Atari Gamestation Pro which, unfortunately, is not compatible with the 400 Mini (at least AFAIK).

Any recommendations?

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
For a USB-based controller that resembles the original Atari 2600 controller and works well with the Atari VCS 400 Mini, you might want to check out the "Retro-Bit Atari 2600 USB Controller." It's designed to look and feel like the classic Atari joystick, with a simple layout and responsive buttons. It should provide that familiar gaming experience you're looking for while being compatible with modern systems like the Atari VCS 400 Mini.
Great! Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS