Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
I know from years of playing on, using, and looking at PC prices that building one is usually if not always the best option but does anyone know of any fully built gaming pcs that are actually a good value where maybe you would only be spending a little more to buy it put together already? Or what about a PC that is great for gaming at a great price and only minimally sacrifices hardware performance?

The reason I ask is because I've built a computer before and I'm thinking about doing it again because the last "gaming" computer I bought was a total joke. It ended up having a 350 watt power supply and integrated graphics (seriously?). I just can't keep up with all the makes and models and numbers of parts that are constantly changing and sometimes I have a hard time of figuring out what works with what and wish I could just buy a gaming pc that is ACTUALLY A GOOD gaming pc at a good price, because usually I feel like the price is just stupid and a rip off.

Here's a budget build gaming PC I'm working on building on Amazon that is currently priced at $657:

Corsair 110R Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Case
$64.99

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler - YD2600BBAFBOX
$149.99

Apevia ATX-BA650 Beast 650W ATX Gaming Power Supply, Supports Dual/Quad Core CPUs, SLI, Crossfire, Haswell
$38.99

CORSAIR TM30 Performance Thermal Paste|Ultra-Low Thermal Impedance CPU/GPU|3 Grams|w/applicator
$7.99

SanDisk 16GB Cruzer Glide CZ60 USB 2.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ60-016G-B35
$4.99

Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch – Frustration Free Packaging (ST2000DM008)
$54.99

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black
$62.99

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5, VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Graphics Card (RX-580P8DFD6)
$199.99

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/Micro ATX/M.2/HMDI/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/Motherboard)
$72.99

****************************************************************************************
Okay so I tried for like fifteen minutes to host pictures so I could post them with a url in here but those websites and this thread maker are not having it. Anyway, those are all the parts I'm looking at. I think that this would be a beast of a PC for gaming and streaming and for 657 dollars it seems like a great, great deal. Honestly, if the performance were dramatically affected and it really made ALL THE DIFFERENCE I would be will to go up to, I don't know, maybe $800, $1,000 (if we get a stimulus check).

If you know of a gaming computer that's a similar price or better value please let me know. Or if you think this is a pretty good build for the pice let me know. Or if you think it's a POS build please also let me know! :D And let me know if you have any suggestions to the build or if you think I'm missing anything you would need to build a computer. This is a from-scratch computer I was just going to boot with windows on a stick.

With the processor I was looking at
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
$294.99
but as you can see the one I have instead is half the price and just got marked down fifty dollars. Also I was trying to find a way to cut the cost of the GPU but I really feel like the one I picked out is already a compromise and those things just aren't cheap if they're good no matter how you swing it. Anyway, yeah, lay it on me guys I really wanna hear what you think! Thank you so much.

Reactions: AlexTFT
In short its mostly not bad. You can knock off the thermal paste because the cooler that comes with the CPU should have it already applied.

I cannot find any information on that PSU. Apevia are not well known for their PSU's and that is very cheap.

It will be more expensive but I would spend a bit more on at least a Corsair CXM 650 or Seasonic S12. With a decent PSU you can use it for years ahead without worrying, even through 2 or more cycles of upgrades. With an unknown model you might save 30 or 40 dollars initially only to lose it all when it craps out and blows your motherboard and GPU in 2 years time.

I know its always a bit like this, but even more new hardware releases are coming very soon and if you could wait a month or two and buy around black Friday you might even get quite a bit more performance for the same money.

If you really need it right now, if you ask me I'd change the PSU for one of the models I mentioned and go for it.

Seasonic S12III Bronze is $64.99 which is pretty reasonable. Corsair is going to be around $85. EVGA would be another brand to look at.

If your building a gaming pc and can spend another $60 get a 3600X.
The base and boost speeds of a 2600 are 3.4 to 3.9Ghz.
A 3600X is 3.8 to 4.4Ghz.

That is a considerable difference especially when it comes to gaming.

Eh, no offence but I'd say if you're going to spend 50 or 60 more get a 1660 super instead of an RX 580. That would give you about 30% more frames on average according to TPU. Which I think would be of more benefit on average. I guess it depends if youre trying to play CSGO or other Esports at high frame rates or AAA games where the GPU will shine more.

As far as streaming goes I missed that part in the OP. I have very little knowledge of it, but obviously a 3700x would be quite a bit better as it has more cores then either the 2600 or 3600(x) whether its worth the cost is dependent on how important the streaming is to you.

TRENDING THREADS