Bots in Battlefield (AI)

Feb 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any bot mods for Battlefield 1 or Battlefield V so the maps can be played single player?

The old Battlefield games up to BF2 (I believe), all had bots that could be added to maps and some of the best mods for those games all included options for 64+ bots on every map. I had an incredible time playing Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat with 64 bots on all the maps. BF2 had some great bot mods too.

My biggest issue with the newer battlefields is that with no bot options, you are limited to the maps that are currently being played on the servers and as the games become less popular, more and more of the content starts to become inaccessible and unpopular maps are never touched. BF1 and BFV have some amazing maps and I want to try them all with 64 players but this is not possible.

I also want a more relaxed experience and sometimes just mess around on a 64 bot server. I want to play all the maps from the base games and expansions but I can't. It seems like such a waste.

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
I don't think the bots were popular enough as a feature to incorporate in later titles.

You could just go back to BF2. Maybe mod it so it feels fresh and looks a bit better.
I disagree. I don't think it's really due to a lack of community appeal or appreciation, as it was one of the features that helped introduce Battlefield to a lot of people, and there would be no reason not to want those things in potential new titles, given the release time useful life that gives the game.

The problem, in my view, is exactly this shelf life. EA Games, as we see in games like Anthem, simply abandons its titles after they no longer give the expected return or have already given all the return they could. Removing singleplayer BOTs forces players, after the servers are empty, to purchase the latest releases if they want to play. It's almost the same mentality as planned obsolescence.

No I’m terms of mods, but there are some options. When I was a kid I loved playing BF1942 and BF2 against bots and as I got better I would increase their difficulty lol.

BF2042 does have bots but not exactly the same as those games. A lot of servers will have bots turned on to fill in the empty player slots. In my opinion this is pretty nice, as long as the server isn’t entirely full of them. I’m a long time BF veteran but I’m not the greatest gamer in the world, and the bots are just slightly not good enough that I’m able to blast through a bunch of them and feel like a badass while getting lots of kills lol.

There are also “co-op” modes in BF2042 where it’s solo or up to 4 players on one team basically playing Breakthrough mode against bots. Very similar to the co-op mode in Insurgency Sandstorm if you know what that is. It’s fun and I played solo a little, but I wish we could play full conquest mode against bots. I believe through the BF Portal mode on BF2042, you can create a custom gamemode where you can do exactly that and play solo or host it online and play with others, but I have yet to try that.

In addition, you can find a server on BF2042 that has bots enabled and no players/low player count. That would probably be the easiest to get what you are asking for in a modern BF game.

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
No I’m terms of mods, but there are some options. When I was a kid I loved playing BF1942 and BF2 against bots and as I got better I would increase their difficulty lol.

BF2042 does have bots but not exactly the same as those games. A lot of servers will have bots turned on to fill in the empty player slots. In my opinion this is pretty nice, as long as the server isn’t entirely full of them. I’m a long time BF veteran but I’m not the greatest gamer in the world, and the bots are just slightly not good enough that I’m able to blast through a bunch of them and feel like a badass while getting lots of kills lol.

There are also “co-op” modes in BF2042 where it’s solo or up to 4 players on one team basically playing Breakthrough mode against bots. Very similar to the co-op mode in Insurgency Sandstorm if you know what that is. It’s fun and I played solo a little, but I wish we could play full conquest mode against bots. I believe through the BF Portal mode on BF2042, you can create a custom gamemode where you can do exactly that and play solo or host it online and play with others, but I have yet to try that.

In addition, you can find a server on BF2042 that has bots enabled and no players/low player count. That would probably be the easiest to get what you are asking for in a modern BF game.
In this case, I believe that the author of the topic is looking for exactly the same type of experience as the BF2 and 2142, with BOTs available offline. I believe that the objective is for the game to survive, considering that you can play against robots in the same game modes without having to be connected or have people available on servers or even servers available.

It would be a good thing for us, but the problem is that EA Games 2005 is not EA Games 2023.

Placing such a feature would not necessarily decrease the number of people buying future BF releases, but just having the option for players to have to go online on servers with other players, necessarily means that they have to buy a new BF to continue having the same experiences. Not to mention that the game itself becomes useless, since without people there is no way to play.

It's wrong? Absolutely, and it just goes to show how rotten this company is. But it is commercially very viable and, if we really analyze it, it is an attitude replicated by practically all developers that focus on launching paid multiplayer games.

Reactions: neogunhero

TRENDING THREADS