Question Black screen in Resident Evil 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys ! . I've been trying to play RE6 on my new PC, but every time I run it, it takes like 15 minutes to load, and it's stuck in the infamous black screen. I've read and tried a lot of things to fix it, but nothings seems to help.
When it does get in (after the long wait), I create a game to play with a friend, and after Leon's first cutscene, my screen goes black, with no sound or anything. And we both lose the connection. It sucks that this is unplayable but I can play RE5 with zero issues. I don't know what to do.

Here are my specs : https://ibb.co/Qvszym7

May 16, 2020
Visit site
What are the things you've tried? Helps if you say what they are so people here don'tr waste your time (and I guess theirs) repeating them

What is your full system spec?

How long have you had the system? Do other games work / what other games have you been trying?
I tried veryifing the game's files through Steam, I uninstalled and downloaded again, I updated both my processor and graphics card drivers, I've tweaked with the games config in the files, and I even downloaded a DLL that solved one persons problem. But none of that worked.

Resident Evil 5, Rogue Legacy, CSGO, L4D2, EuroTruck Simulator 2, Resident Evil 4. They all work perfectly. And RE6 does as well, the problem is the literal 15 minute wait that I go through.

And I don't know by full system spec, I did linked a picture of it. But, I'll write them :

AMD A4-6300 (Single core) I know, it's bad, but, it works fine for every game I've tried.
8GB RAM DDR3
Motherboard ASUSTeK A68HM-PLUS (FM2+)
AMD Radeon R7 350 Series 2GB.

Hope that helps !

Perhaps try the media feature pack

Most of the googling I did turned up the same fixes you tried, but at least one person noted their issue was to do with video files not being played properly and it was related to WMP. I've had the same kind of thing with Gwent.

Reactions: JuancitoNeves
May 16, 2020
Visit site
Perhaps try the media feature pack

Most of the googling I did turned up the same fixes you tried, but at least one person noted their issue was to do with video files not being played properly and it was related to WMP. I've had the same kind of thing with Gwent.
I have the latest updates on that, so it must be something else. I read it is a common problem with AMD cards/processors, but my friend also has AMD, yet the game runs flawlessly for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS