Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 28 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Yes R* have really set a standard with open world games.

poGJ9I7Op

Same card here. You got 3GB or 6GB VRAM?
Yes I've got the 6Gb. It is a real work horse and was a free EVGA replacement for some massive card I had before, which had a fan failure.

It was interesting trying different graphics setting in Legion and watching the VRAM hit the red and the FPS dive.

She, one of my favourite characters is actually taking a selfie, hovering on a cargo drone over the river Thames.

Reactions: Lil Dyslexic doG
I've got the 6Gb
Same. Should work with RDR2, as Rec Specs say:
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 150 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Direct X Compatible
So I guess you're talking Watch Dogs 2, which has 2 potential malware apps included:
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz, AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 | AMD Radeon R9 290, with 3GB VRAM or better - See supported List*
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 27 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers
    • Additional Notes: Recommended specs above for 1080p , 30+ FPS, High graphic settings // SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE: • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX600 Series: GTX660 or better / GeForce® GTX700 Series: GTX760 or better / GeForce® GTX900 Series: GTX950 or better / GeForce® GTX1000 Series: GTX1060 or better. • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 series: Radeon™ HD7870 or better / Radeon™ 200 series: Radeon R9 270 or better / Radeon™ 300/Fury X series: Radeon™ R9 370 or better / Radeon 400 series: Radeon RX460 or better. Game contains EasyAntiCheat (https://www.easyanticheat.net/) anti-cheat technology and Denuvo (https://www.denuvo.com/) anti-tamper technology.

Oh yes it runs both games no problem but I usually run some of the settings on High. I was just trying to get better screenshots. So I turned some up for latter which is Legion and the card was struggling a bit. Thanks.

The former is GTAV.

It'll be interesting when I do update card to see just how much better all games can look.

@Zloth It's interesting isn't it, what is perceived as beautiful. So for example SofW isn't a beautiful location, it's just a back drop for action. But some of Talion's armour with it's detailed and colourfully embroided cloths are I think beautiful.

Same with GTAV, the location is just a back drop, but the cars are beautiful I think.

(I was going to suggest an open photography competition, but those with higher quality systems would have to start with a handicap)

hPq0vLpn_t.png

A Thread I will love very much :)

Fallout 4.

My most played game on Steam- over 3000 hours. I have completed it and from saves seen most of the endings. It might be another if I played as a raider, not sure. As a fact I went back to an older save so I can play on. I do not wish to lose my settlements.

Though I have and play many other games, I still get back to this game a few times a month, and still find new stuff, or make changes to my settlements. I am trying to get 1 at 100% for the achievement. I have tried everything and cannot get or do it. I do not use 3rd party mods. I have bought added some Official Creation Club stuff, skins, cribs, Enclave Armor etc.

Recently Beth, gave a patch that added a few new things to this and Skyrim, and 4K Goodness :)
I guess in the future I will be able to add links to some of my youtube videos, maybe tours of my settlements. Some players that use 3rd party mods have way nice settlements. I play the stock game, so stuff does not snap together well, and placement of extra little things is not so easy either. I do my best and have spent a lot of hours in my builds. I mostly like the glass walls etc, I also try to mix it up some, and depends on where the settlement is.

So, a few screens, maybe some videos-->

My Bobbles- out at Sanctuary Settlement.

KwKUp0P.jpg

My Gray Garden Settlement.

dGhhyKw.jpg

1Q7qUCh.jpg

Vault 88.

6YN9Eh3.jpg

Xz51vbL.jpg

MSI Z690 Tomahawk WIFI DDR5.. Bios H.A0.. Intel 12700K.. Noctua NH-D15..
2X Crucial P5 Plus 2TB- CT2000P5PSSD8.. MSI MPG A850G PSU.. W11 Home..
Thermalright LGA1700 CPU Anti Bending Pressure Plate..
Cooler Master Universal VGA Graphics Card Holder..
Gigabyte 4070Ti- GV-N407TGAMING OC-12GD..
CORSAIR Vengeance- CMK32GX5M2B5600C36..
2Port USB2.0 Rear Panel Expansion Bracket..
ULANSeN 2.5Gb Lan- B08V1HG47H..
Thermaltake Core V71 Case..
Gigabyte M32U 4K 32"..
Klipsch Promedia 2.1..
Arctic MX-6..

Last edited:
Zloth

Do you mean images not showing on page anymore. If so yah, its kind of sad. Sites say free account, upload to us etc, then later they go under or want you to pay and then say your free account is to large. You need delete some of your stuff. I used imgur for these. Have used others in past and they all change after a while it seems. Off site and links is less server space and or maybe bandwidth on this end. versus this site host all the images etc. Some sites host and allow links. Again later might drop the on-site hosting and you have nothing. Is also good to keep backups.

I have 1000s of games but most are not anything I will ever play. Got them in bundles when trying to get to a certain number. Now days I only buy stuff I will play. Still have many I will get to when I feel like it. I always keep certain games installed that I regular play or for say co-op if friends want to play. I cant keep all I have installed. I normally play something finish and delete it. If wish for achievements or something later reinstall and go back. Or reinstall if build a new system and higher res monitor. I play all my games max settings even if get lower fps. I dont need a million fps as long as its smooth and can record fine. I am good.

The screens etc is part of the fun for me. Share and talk about the games. Maybe someone has problems and try to help if can.. Sorry I tried to quote you and clicked it but I am not sure how to do it or how it works. I do not know how to like or thumb up a post either. I see no place to do it.

Thanks for the like and convo. Have fun :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
The screens etc is part of the fun for me. Share and talk about the games. Maybe someone has problems and try to help if can.. Sorry I tried to quote you and clicked it but I am not sure how to do it or how it works. I do not know how to like or thumb up a post either. I see no place to do it.
You can't Like at first. When they let everyone with an account do likes, it got crazy fast.

The "Quote" think is for quoting more than one message. You click the ones you want to respond to, then click the 'insert quotes' button that appears just below where you type messages. If you just respond to one message, the Reply will quote just the one message.

I agree on backups - you can't trust websites to keep your images for you. This site has been very good about keeping them, though!

Cool.

Games with DLSS type settings are new for me. I pretty much max everything and dlss to quality and sharpness to 20 to 40. Love this 4070Ti. When bought it cost less than 3080-80ti 3090- 90ti performance up with the 90Ti. or better FPS in some games. The 90ti has 2x the memory and bud speed. The 3080 was 100 to 170 more in cost- the 3090Ti more than 1000. Granted I think all cost maybe 100- 150 more than should but was scalpers and covid type stuff. My 4070Ti use less energy puts out less heat than the 3000 cards, and the fans not crazy loud, and cost less. Loving 4K so far. :)

God of War

Great game. Runs nice, looks awesome in 4K. I finished this game. I still have it installed. Is some areas and boss type things kick my butt. I will try for more achievements. I thought I would lev up and end of game go back to the few areas, but the boss type things show me they run it or for now- lol.

This 1st shot is my screen background now. I like the dark contrast and bright pretty out of the window-->

j2pt5yh.jpg

IxLP4j1.jpg

D6QuwAH.jpg

I tried to quote
This may partly depend on which browser you're using—I'm using Opera GX, the browser designed for gamers.

3p8MnOk.png

I'm almost always replying to a specific statement, rather than an entire sentence-paragraph-post. So I highlight the bit I want—eg your "I tried to quote" above—and then click the 'Reply' button just underneath it, which gives me the quote above.

If I want to address another bit, I repeat this, eg:
how to like
As Zloth said, you'll get access to more features shortly—we're a major spam target and so had to put various limits on new accounts… btw you'll probably trip over weird new first posts from members who just joined before we get to them, just ignore :)
More info:

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Another sweet game. Big fun, funny at times. Some areas the color really pops in 4K. I finished this game, still installed. Think I will try for more achievements. The game bugged once. I could not progress, some monster thing of 5 or so did not spawn in right. I think it was stuck under the floor or something. A restart of the game fixed it, and the save was right before. So no biggy. If I see any real probs, is maybe the in-game tutorial was all for a game pad and not keyboard and mouse.

6KVAeVs.jpg

WzRqBh8.jpg

AW7SEgE.jpg

TRENDING THREADS