Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 25 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
I see it! But, if I click it, I can't see the expanded image. I think I have to have an account on ImgBB.

It's easier to just use the Media section here.

That's the YUCKY version! I never heard of it until I noticed "calics" was being bounced by my browser's spell check and I looked it up.
Yea, I never remember the method I use so I kinda wing it with adding pics :ROFLMAO:. I used imgur for awhile, but for higher resolution AI upscales the files were too big and I couldn't do it.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Is there a post somewhere re where this is, and how to use it?
Yeah, but I don't want to dig it up again. I'll post a new topic with instructions. You can sticky it, merge it into the guidelines, use it as the basis for some general guide, or whatever you like.

The last of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade images. They're alphabetical (mostly) so this one's all Yuffie.

full

full

full

Zloth

Community Contributor
@mainer - that's Mass Effect 1, I presume?

@Ryzengang - interesting, when I click on that image, it doesn't pop out into a viewer! I think that must be because the image is pretty small. so it fits inside the forum post without needing to expand. The problem with that is that anyone with the white background isn't going to be able to see your image very well. (Right clicking on the image and viewing in a new tab makes it easy to see.)

@mainer - that's Mass Effect 1, I presume?
Yes it is, I probably should have clarified that. One thing that I liked in ME1, that wasn't as relevant in ME2-3, was the different planets you could land on. I'm appreciating it more now with the photo mode that gives multiple options for depth of field, contrast, saturation and such.

In Windows, hitting the Print Screen key should bring up the Snip tool
I use the snip tool a lot to take any kind of desktop screenshots, but I never thought about using it in a game. Having ME Legendary on Steam helps, as all I have to do is hit the F12 key to get shots during cutscenes, one click and done. I was just wishing for a "one click" photo mode key that froze the action, whether cut scene or not, and then have the ability to move the camera and make any tweaks I want.

Lovely images :)
Thanks! :) I'm really loving documenting the ME series as I play them, as it's something I've never been able to do when playing the original trilogy.

Zloth

Community Contributor
In Windows, hitting the Print Screen key should bring up the Snip tool—I've posted snips here a few weeks ago, eg FC5 transition screens.
If you've got the tools (like Universal Unreal Unlocker for Unreal Engine 4) or if the photo mode allows it, you can do better. You can pause a cut scene, unlock the camera, and move it to another vantage point before taking a screenshot. That first screenshot in my last post did that - Yuffie is supposed to be looking right at the camera. Here's one where I unlocked the camera in the game's main menu so I could see Cloud's sword and Yuffie's star at the same time:
full

Zloth

Community Contributor
Trying to get in the Halloween mood, but I don't think I'm doing it quite right yet.
full

Official backpack of the Dark Brotherhood
full

I'm expecting a Death Stranding / Dishonored cross-over involving whales at some point
full

Ummmm, it's safe to be near these Doppler radar things, right?
full

The sky was a bit disappointing for most of this game, but there was this one time...
full

it's safe to be near these Doppler radar things, right?
Oh yeah… you'd have to be incredibly unlucky for the giant's driver to be on the downswing just as you're passing.

I wonder would that game be more fun/interesting with a wingsuit/parachute combo, rather than valley-spanning zip lines? With wingsuit you could vary the takeoff point, flight and destination.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Here's the highway video I posted about a month ago in another topic. I would not suggest watching the whole thing! Just pop around from point to point to see the scenery.
View: https://youtu.be/hCMPK5fS0tU

I look around at the scenery a little too much starting at 5:04.

Here's another one that uses zip lines instead. The camera shakes a little bit on zip lines, so I think the first video is better, but it will give Brian an idea of how these things work.
View: https://youtu.be/ABhJIjyovqM

At 10:10, I have to break off and remove a bridge that got plopped down right on my line's path! I never had that happen before or since.
At 3:33, you can see how to climb a mountain the zippy way!

Moving on from ME1 Legendary to ME2, I thought the included photo mode opportunities would be greater, but they're not, as ME2 is a bit more "shooter" oriented and the area maps consist of mostly mission and /or combat maps that have less environmental detail. ME2 may be the better of those games in terms of combat mechanics and character interactions, but I find the Photo Mode opportunities to be less. I find myself taking more shots with Steam (F12) than with Photo Mode (PM). All shots are from ME2 Legendary.

Jack on the Normandy SR2 (PM)
22mdYJp.png

Jack & Miranda confrontation, not exactly BFFs (F12)
2WL19cP.jpg

Samara (F12)
QJxPRTQ.jpg

Samara & Morinth, settling a mother & daughter dispute (F12)
6c4oqvb.jpg

Project Overlord DLC planet Aite (PM)
70bFkZp.jpg

7wnOeVN.jpg

Project Overlord DLC, meeting David (that's got to be painful) (F12)
SnkUUXl.jpg

Asari dancer, Eternity Lounge, Illium (the Turian doesn't appear to be overly enthused) (PM)
X2boQSt.png