Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 6 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Been playing a little new game called SnowRunner. It's a semi-open world successor to the Spintires-franchise and it's very fun. Never thought I could get so invested in what you could describe as 'Euro Truck Sim but the roads are terrible'. I'll have some more thoughts to share on it soon, but I've been taking snapshots of the game and she sure is a beauty.

These screenshots are all from the 'Michigan' biome, but there's also Alaska and Russia. I'll post some more pics once I get there.

VE3mtpy.jpg

4h2VCPB.jpg

hIBD171.jpg

Q4tDtiK.jpg

YzLdmP0.jpg

I've also spent a considerable amount of my time in lockdown playing more Escape From Tarkov. A recent patch added new graphics settings which give the game a nice touch of colour and fidelity. It was never ugly, but it looks a bit better now.

kzPez0m.jpg

EaFHC0P.jpg

1CUUe0s.jpg

Zloth

Community Contributor
@Inspireless Llama - oh! I've got almost exactly the same shot with Lara and her two pistols. That was a big moment for me! Through all the old games, dual pistols were the mainstay weapon. Getting them back was great! (Then she forgot all about them. <sigh>)

Back to Kingdom Come...

full

full

full

full

And there's still more. Just search on... on... errr, OK, why have me put tags on pictures if there isn't a way to search on them?? Arg. Well, here's thumbnails for people who can't get enough of the sun near the horizon:

I love the Sniper Elite series and those shots look cool, but wow, that game engine hasn't aged particularly well. The character model and lighting in that last screenshot are not great. Compare that to other 2017 games like Horizon: Zero Dawn or Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and it looks almost last-gen by comparison.

Reactions: Lil Dyslexic doG
Started trying to play Dishonored 2 again. Last played it in 2017 but quit because I kinda got a burnout from it.
The colors seem really off to me and I"m not sure if it's supposed to be or that I've set my color settings for the game wrong.
Looks normal to me? The series has always had this certain watercolour style with a soft palette, so it could just be that?

I have been singing Breath of the Wild's praises lately, so I figured it was time to share some screengrabs from my 250+ hour journey. This game is -massive-. I haven't even cleared all of the Divine Beasts in my playthrough, let alone beat the final boss or the DLC content. I just keep wandering off and doing my own thing.

The game's render resolution is low (900p docked, 720p handheld) but it holds up shockingly well on my big screen TV because of the cel-shaded art style. There's a very tasteful depth of field effect applied in some scenes and the draw distance is crazy good for a 'mobile' game.

EYPynBzUcAENv1T

EYPynBrUEAAXYev

EYPynBhU8AAOb0o

EYPynCAUcAAP3rI

EYP0scrVAAAvs-I

EYP0scSUMAIlWlb

EYP0sb0UYAELgCJ

EYP0scQUcAAaGra

EYP1-PEUwAEuP36

EYP1-N7U0AAb4i5

EYP1-OjUcAALyG6

EYP1-OrU8AUR6Hs

@Rensje Man I need to get Breath of the Wild...
Mate, you really do. It's on sale regularly these days, but if you don't have a Wii U or a Switch and you really want to play it, you could use CEMU on the PC. I don't use or endorse emulation, but there's no denying the game works well on PC and looks incredible to boot. You can even use a special GFX pack to push the 'fog' effect out a bit further and enhance the colours.

2017-10-20-image-5.jpg

0k2n1q62nsky.png

It's easy to sell this game based on its visuals, but it's the gameplay that really makes it sing. The incredibly natural way in which you discover things is deeply satisfying and the world is just so lush and diverse and interesting every step of the way. There's really no other game like it. It's the perfect deconstruction of open world game design.

TRENDING THREADS