Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
@Frindis those are actually beautiful, shame about the strange aspect ratio! I'm pretty sure ESO will let you turn off the HUD for extra pretty screenshots. Do you own Nvidia graphics? I know ESO supports Ansel, so pressing Alt+F2 in-game will let you capture extra high resolution screenshots! You can capture up to 8K pics even if you only play at 1920x1080.

@Psycotix fantastic stuff! That game will hold up for a long time to come.

@Zloth nice shots man, I've been playing the exact same game to relax in my downtime. I'll share some of my favourites from the past 25 hours.

M5mxy4a.jpg

o6TUdzd.jpg

x6j6sFn.jpg

xG3nKqe.jpg

Also had a random shot in my folders from a cute little indie gem called Islanders.

60gb6Pf.png

Zloth

Community Contributor
@Zloth That game looks so beautiful!
It really is. It's got some sort of wonky craziness going on with textures, though, that hurts the framerate and makes 3D Vision all but impossible to use.
Hmm, I had better resolution of the pictures, but when I tried to upload here, I got the message they were too big, so I had to change the size. Maybe you know how to get past that, while also being able to show the full pic?
Switch it to JPG. It will lose a bit of quality but it will lose a LOT of bytes.

@Rensje
The game is a bit like Skyrim: difficult to keep playing whenever the sun rises or sets in game. ;) Love that second shot! (P.S. If you haven't done Supideo's prophesy quest, don't miss it!)

Moonlit Cliff.jpg
The moon is always full and bright in Greece

Xerxes' Bay.jpg

Distant Tutorial Island.jpg

Three Hundred Spartans could hold off an army here.jpg

Zloth

Community Contributor
It's pretty fun, @Zoid. There's a system where you can pay extra money to get bonuses but I would avoid that like the plague. The game is quite well balanced without getting any bonuses. By the end, I wasn't even bothering to spend my skill points.

Here's something different. The game has an "educational" mode where you can travel around and get little tours about ancient Greece. It's nice for finding out what world treasures you've been clambering up in order to murder people. ;) It's also perfect for getting nice screenshots without getting eaten by bears. I popped up to the northern most edge of the game, selected a point near the southern edge, and used the "autopilot" to follow roads all the way to the southern edge. There were quite a few nice sites along the way. I think I was moving the camera around too much near the start but I calmed it down some as the ride continued.

Zoid

Community Contributor
It's pretty fun, @Zoid. There's a system where you can pay extra money to get bonuses but I would avoid that like the plague. The game is quite well balanced without getting any bonuses. By the end, I wasn't even bothering to spend my skill points.

Here's something different. The game has an "educational" mode where you can travel around and get little tours about ancient Greece. It's nice for finding out what world treasures you've been clambering up in order to murder people. ;) It's also perfect for getting nice screenshots without getting eaten by bears. I popped up to the northern most edge of the game, selected a point near the southern edge, and used the "autopilot" to follow roads all the way to the southern edge. There were quite a few nice sites along the way. I think I was moving the camera around too much near the start but I calmed it down some as the ride continued.
I love the idea of education mode. The historical settings have always been the AC games best feature if you ask me.

My first big climb in AC: Odyssey:

I can't seem to be able to use the enhance pic settings through Nvidia Editor, so the picture looks pretty muddy.
The picture looks absolutely fine to me. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey produces a pretty soft image in general, I find. It could be the fairly agressive anti-aliasing doing its thing. Also, dawn/dusk is about the worst time of day to be making screenies in that game. The lighting gets a little too flat sometimes.

Assuming you have Nvidia graphics, try pressing Alt+F3 in game and adding a touch of sharpening through post-processing filters. I like to add about 10-15% sharpening to touch up the game a little bit. It looks much better on my 27" 1080p display. Also, are you using Alt+F2 to take screenshots, or the in-game photo mode? I like to use photo mode to get the angle and the colours just right, but use Nvidia's screenshot tool to capture the actual image. I will usually use the super resolution function, but if that's greyed out for you the normal capture works fine too (and you can do HDR this way).

What model graphics card do you have, if I may? That and your available system RAM have an impact on your ability to take super resolution screenshots. Also make sure your drivers are fully up to date and that you are running GeForce Experience in the background (I know, I know..)

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
>>> Tested more below <<<

Interesting. I found a work-around via the Media section here on the forum and posted a picture. I tried to edit it to add another, though, and got an error saying I should try later. I tried just now and it still didn't work - but I was able to add a new post with the correct BB code.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS