Battlefield 2042 and no campaign..

Nope, no campaign, its a no for me. EA is still going to charge 60 bucks for it. I like battlefields pvp modes, i do, but i also like the campaign and with so many other shooters that are pvp only and not costing 60 bucks, im gonna be skipping it. I honestly laugh at people that say things like "noone plays battlefield for its campagins" when its literally the only reason i ever was interested in them. Im not talking about the original 2 either im sure those were fine as standalone pvp experiences, but Battlefield massively exploded in popularity and depth when adding campaigns, esp. the Bad Company ones, i know they arent some of the best campaigns out there, but they were still fun to play.

And, its EA, so to those who think that cutting the campaign means more resources for developing the pvp mode, youre wrong imo, they are just going to save on the resources not use up as many to do just pvp, id like to think differently but thats not how it works.

I wonder how they think a 60 Euro MMO will do in a time when COD Warzone and many other AAA quality FPS games are free to play?

I know it doesn't have a BR mode but surely there's a big crossover between the audiences.

They must have done their market research, maybe they'll milk people for pre-orders and early sales and if it doesn't get to where they want it to be in a year or two it will go free to play anyway?

Either that or maybe they're hoping people will also buy into EA play premium and they'll hope to get some of their money from subscriptions.

They showed gameplay on the Xbox E3 presentation and it looked fun tbf.

Not saying it won't be fun or a good game, I've played a decent amount of BF in the past. It will just be interesting to see how a new Battlefield fits into the market at full price when the online shooter model has been moving steadily towards free to play. At least as I understand it.

I'm sure EA has a better view of the situation then little old me, and people are still playing non Warzone COD and paying for the privilege. Then again COD games still have a campaign.

Not saying it won't be fun or a good game, I've played a decent amount of BF in the past. It will just be interesting to see how a new Battlefield fits into the market at full price when the online shooter model has been moving steadily towards free to play. At least as I understand it.

I'm sure EA has a better view of the situation then little old me, and people are still playing non Warzone COD and paying for the privilege. Then again COD games still have a campaign.

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a straight reply to your post. I was just thinking out loud to add more perspectives to the discussion.

The cost model is an interesting topic. I think I prefer paying £50 upfront and not having battle passes and loot boxes as long as it's a game I really like. But if it's a game I kind-of like then the f2p model is more attractive to me. But I do think that hackers find f2p games more attractive too.

As you say, time will tell what ends up being the best overall.

Trailer looked great I agree, the wing suit and flyers looked amazing!

Saw they were having tiered pre orders today though, something about receiving 4 battle passes among other extras with the Gold version vs standard. Not sure what that means.

TRENDING THREADS