B360M BAZOOKA sound drivers not working

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
I recently installed a Windows update, which after restarting, made my Realtek sound not work. Anything connected to the 3.5mm jack will not play any sound, but connected a Bluetooth headset works. I checked my device manager, and it seems like Windows installed Nahimic drivers, but I'm using Realtek. I've tried to uninstall these, but they just keep reinstalling. Installing Realtek drivers wouldn't work either. Any help?

Specs:
i5-8500
RX 580 4GB
8GB DDR4
B360M BAZOOKA Motherboard

Reactions: Darsonojr
That's apparently part of the drivers, if you look at the audio drivers here:

Is it the same with both the front and the rear audio jacks?

Mar 15, 2021
Visit site
That's apparently part of the drivers, if you look at the audio drivers here:

Is it the same with both the front and the rear audio jacks?

hi my pc has no sounds at all even i reinstall the driverss. I also try different speakers and headsets but still no sounds

specs:

b350m bazooka
13-9100f
gt 1030
4x2 hyperx

I really dread Windows 10 updates, I never know what they're going to install. I noticed after an update last year that Nahimic was installed. While I've never been able to completely uninstall it, I have been able to disable it, at least until the next Windows 10 update.

This is what I did to disable it:

1-In the Search bar on Windows 10 type: Services
2-Click the option: Run as administrator
3-In the Services pop-up box, scroll down until you see Nahimic.exe
4-Right click on that and select: Properties
5-In that Properties box you can click: Disable (so that it doesn't run every time you start your PC)
6-Restart your PC and go back to that Services popup, and you can see that it's disabled.

While it's never actually messed with my sound (Sound Blaster drivers), I resent the fact that a Windows 10 update installed software on my PC without asking me.