Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Trailer

[There was a similar post from mid mars, but I did not want to hijack the original topic, so I made this instead]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Fr3cS3MtY

The cinematics was ok, I guess. What stomped me was how they have borrowed from a couple of scenes from the series Vikings. It just took me off guard and with that gold edition steelbook at the end, I dunno, I dunno... I'm a bit pessimistic, but that comes from somewhere, so prove me wrong, Ubisoft.

Last edited:
Ragnar squashing the imaginary spiders and pretending everything was normal when someone walked in was possibly where the show peaked for me.

That and just watching Floki wandering around Iceland on his own. That actor is fantastic.

Reactions: Frindis

Zloth

Community Contributor
Never watched the show (who has time for TV when there are games to play!?) but most of those scenes are all classic Viking stuff.

I'll keep an eye on the game - especially if a lot goes on in Valhalla. No way I'll get it until they release all the DLC, though.

Reactions: McStabStab
EW3HduwXQAAPQWO

An image of the game's collector's edition all but confirms the existence of a playable female character, so for anyone who is less 'team Ragnar' and more 'team Lagertha', you're in luck; looks like you'll be able to play as a shield-maiden.

As for the trailer, I don't really know what to make of it. Stabbing a dude in the neck with a hidden blade doesn't really seem like the viking way to me, so that moment struck me as odd. I loved Origins and Odyssey though so I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this installment in the franchise too. I'm a sucker for Norse mythology. This is probably the most interesting setting the series has had since it started. I like that they throw in the odd supernatural touch these days and I can't wait to see what they do with the world they're creating this time.

Also, I hear something about a town you'll be able to build up and protect over the course of the game? Doesn't seem to mesh with the flow of the game, but we'll see how they incorporate that stuff.

Reactions: Frindis

McStabStab

Community Contributor
who has time for TV when there are games to play!?

Real talk! Hard to keep up with so many shows and so many games at the same time!

I played Origins and have played a few hours of Odyssey so far. When I saw this was going to be a Viking game I kind of brushed it off but after seeing that trailer and hearing about making a Warband it sounds pretty interesting.

Reactions: Frindis and Zloth
May 2, 2020
Visit site
As a lapsed Assassins Creed fan, this trailer gives me a lot of hope. I absolutely loved the first two Assassins' Creed games, with subsequent installments turning me off from the series (especially Black Flag). However, Ubisoft is really getting me amped up for Valhalla. The setting for this game seems perfect.. as the Viking invasion of England is a fascinating point to jump into. My fear is that we get another Assassins Creed III situation, where the presentation and story are great, but the gameplay is a total letdown. As the first "next gen" title we've seen, it may be impossible for Valhalla to live up to the hype, but I'll settle for a "good" game.

Reactions: drunkpunk
May 1, 2020
Visit site
the CGI was really good, that is all we can say at this point lol...i hope it will be good because i have not played any of the latest assassins game at all...last one for me was black flag, and it was dope, loved the shipping part and sea shanties

Reactions: Mknott

Sarafan

Community Contributor
The CGI looks wonderful. Some day the game itself will look like this. I'm waiting for this day impatiently. :) As for AC in overall, I never fell in love with the series, but I really tried a few times. The gameplay is too repetitive for my liking. I even didn't like the praised AC4: Black Flag. Never played Odyssey however. From what I've seen on streams the game is a full-fledged RPG, so probably I'll give it a shot one day. I expect nothing less from Valhalla when it comes to gameplay!

Mknott

Staff member
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I typically reserve judgement until I see a gameplay trailer, but I'm big on the history of the Great Heathen Army and Odyssey was absolutely amazing so I'm expecting big things here too. A definite purchase

May 24, 2020
Visit site
I have always like the AC series as it has elements of history that I have learned from such as the Renaissance and the Peloponnesian war. I especially liked AC II and AC Odyssey. Can't wait for this game as well.

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Gameplay trailer is out and it didn't have as an impact on me as cinematic announce trailer had.
It's just a Viking reskin of Odyssey which is not a bad thing but it's just more of the same old formula.
I want them to take risks and try something new.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
Gameplay trailer is out and it didn't have as an impact on me as cinematic announce trailer had.
It's just a Viking reskin of Odyssey which is not a bad thing but it's just more of the same old formula.
I want them to take risks and try something new.

I’m not done with odyssey yet but here’s the things I thought looked new:
  • Settlement building / upgrading for a base of operations.
  • Ability to dual wield any weapons including two shields.
  • Castle raids that look like something out of Shadow of War instead of throwing you right on a battlefield like Odyssey.
  • The ability to revive downed NPC Viking Raiders.
This is what stood out to me as different which looks to be at least the same progression they had from Origins to Odyssey.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS