Armored Core 6

@Sarafan I think you are right about having soulslike elements since it will have boss fights (huge by the looks of it), fast movements, people/factions you can interact with, and weapons you can mix and match, but I think that is where the limit goes. By the looks of it, it will be a very fast-paced game and I instantly think about games like Ninja Gaiden and how much I suck in them. I think this game is going to be very hard for me to play but I will take up the challenge.

I'm into this, though I never played an Armored Core game before.

Wonder if they'll have a difficulty setting? I'm not great at fast paced anything either.
They do touch on this a little in the interview with IGN:

IGN: What is Armored Core VI's approach to difficulty?

Masaru Yamamura: Of course, with Armored Core VI, what we wanted to focus on was this really intense and tough mecha battles. We have generally tried to keep it on the challenging side, but it's not to say that it's a flat difficulty line throughout. We wanted to have some nice tempo changes and some nice balance to the difficulty and the level of challenge. It can vary depending on the mission type. It depends on the enemies you're coming up against in those missions. It depends on how you want to assemble your mech. But this is one approach we wanted to have, is to have the player decide how they wanted to assemble and how they wanted to approach each mission, and then to have this nice balance of level of challenge throughout the missions and throughout the campaign.

IGN: What were some of the lessons that you learned from your work as a designer on Sekiro and how are you applying them to the difficulty in Armored Core VI?

Masaru Yamamura: I would say that while these severe and intense battles is still very much a focus of Armored Core VI and something that carries between our games, the approach to how we handle this and how we design difficulty is actually quite different. You mentioned Sekiro and the approach there was this very stoic, one-track approach to battle with just the one weapon and just your resolve as a player. I feel like with Armored Core VI, the approach is quite different mainly because of that “assemble” aspect that you have. So your battle really starts in the AC garage where you are deciding which weapon and you're deciding which layout, what performance you want your AC to have in battle and taking this forward to each encounter in each boss battle. So that's really part of the strategy this time and I think that affects the difficulty greatly.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
@Sarafan I think you are right about having soulslike elements since it will have boss fights (huge by the looks of it), fast movements, people/factions you can interact with, and weapons you can mix and match, but I think that is where the limit goes. By the looks of it, it will be a very fast-paced game and I instantly think about games like Ninja Gaiden and how much I suck in them. I think this game is going to be very hard for me to play but I will take up the challenge.

So it's basically more of a hack 'n' slash game, I guess. In my country we call them slashers, although in AC6 you'll be probably using guns more than melee.

Now when I'm thinking about it, it could be cool to have a soulslike game with this kind of mechs. There's a game called Surge. It incorporates many soulslike elements to sci-fi setting, but there are no mechs there.

They do touch on this a little in the interview with IGN:

IGN: What is Armored Core VI's approach to difficulty?

Masaru Yamamura: Of course, with Armored Core VI, what we wanted to focus on was this really intense and tough mecha battles. We have generally tried to keep it on the challenging side, but it's not to say that it's a flat difficulty line throughout. We wanted to have some nice tempo changes and some nice balance to the difficulty and the level of challenge. It can vary depending on the mission type. It depends on the enemies you're coming up against in those missions. It depends on how you want to assemble your mech. But this is one approach we wanted to have, is to have the player decide how they wanted to assemble and how they wanted to approach each mission, and then to have this nice balance of level of challenge throughout the missions and throughout the campaign.

IGN: What were some of the lessons that you learned from your work as a designer on Sekiro and how are you applying them to the difficulty in Armored Core VI?

Masaru Yamamura: I would say that while these severe and intense battles is still very much a focus of Armored Core VI and something that carries between our games, the approach to how we handle this and how we design difficulty is actually quite different. You mentioned Sekiro and the approach there was this very stoic, one-track approach to battle with just the one weapon and just your resolve as a player. I feel like with Armored Core VI, the approach is quite different mainly because of that “assemble” aspect that you have. So your battle really starts in the AC garage where you are deciding which weapon and you're deciding which layout, what performance you want your AC to have in battle and taking this forward to each encounter in each boss battle. So that's really part of the strategy this time and I think that affects the difficulty greatly.
I wonder how they handle difficulty with load-outs. Possibly grinding levels to buy OP gear if required or something else?

@Sarafan There will be melee weapons, but heavily focused on different guns/bodies you take with you at missions. Melee weapons will probably be for people with faster reaction times than I have. Never tried out Surge, but seen some gameplay from it and it looks decent. Surge 2 is the better version if I remember correctly.

@Kaamos_Llama They mention being able to make melee builds and be closer in the fight for those that are up for the challenge, so hopefully that means we will be able to make a bulky ranged build that can soak up a lot of the damage. I know that there will be a lot of secrets in the game since that is a big part of the Armored Core series, so exploring while doing missions will be one way to get gear, but I think the grinding that you mentioned will be the more natural way to go about it. It will be more mission-based structured than the open world, so I am curious about what that really means when it comes to exploring. I'm crossing my fingers for a lot of vertical exploring and less linear and cramped places.

Last edited:
I prefer it being mission based with multiple paths and load out options than open world for this type of game. Guess we'll see in August.

Seems they're using their own engine for the game, so hopefully we dont get too much of the shader compilation nonsense thats killing everything in UE recently. Elden Ring did have some troubles with something similar at launch, but it being mission/level based and them having prior knowledge of those problems hopefully it will run well.

System Requirements​

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 4 GB or AMD Radeon RX 480, 4 GB or Intel Arc A380, 6 GB
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 65 GB available space

Minimum specs from Steam dont seem to bad at all. Actually little lower than Elden Ring, unless these are just placeholder specs for now.

Throwing in some info about the older Armored Core games through Youtuber VaatiVidya and a couple of other stuff that might be of interest about the upcoming one. The release date is the 23rd of August, so not that far away either.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTPLucLU5I

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNgY-kTPY3Q

TRENDING THREADS