Question Anyone else playing Diablo Immortal?

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few people in my D&D group who have played it share the opinion that a lot of its players do: it's a damn fine Diablo game, but it's not a good product. They can't begin to think of a game that requires as much spending as quickly as D:I requires.

Pay-2-Win is one of those terms that makes me throw up in my mouth whenever it's said because its overuse has lowered the bar for games discourse considerably. Diablo: Immortal has no problem reclaiming that term, now that it's blatantly and measurably giving the means of progression only to those who pay premium currency. I would hope that its drastic free-to-play economy has now made it so we have a unanimous idea as to what P2W is and is not.

I don't see point in playing it.

the "win" isn't worth the pay.

Sure, I am perhaps not young enough to be target audience but unless spending 100k on a phone game gives them a move that explodes other peoples phones, I don't see the point.

Its a mobile game wearing Diablo as a skin suit. if you remove the paint you just buying gems and upgrading them in hopes of having 6 5 star gems that are completely meaningless outside of the app.

the end cost is totally unclear. Getting those 6 gems could cost a fortune... and if game were a normal Diablo game and all you spent was gold or other resources to upgrade the gems, that might be a reasonable ladder to put into a game, but its all this game is. It is a dumbed down version.

Grind legendary rifts to get a chance of a 5 star gem - one guy has already spent 10k on legendary rifts and hasn't earned a single 5 star gem. Considering game probably weighs the gems you own heavier than the ones you don't, meaning odds of getting what you want are tiny. Can't make game too easy to complete or whales will stop spending. Probably another layer of spending opens once you get high enough where 100k = buy a 5 star gem. By then you so heavily invested that stopping isn't in focus...

I wonder if they release expansion packs for mobile games. Its got a season pass and I guess they might expand it... right now it has no end. You don't play this game for its engaging story. New seasons will introduce more possible gems to dillute it further. Make winning harder.

Terrible news, delays in releasing it to China and much of SE Asia... terrible... good chance it might be delayed in China for at least a year, while they ask Blizzard to implement anti addiction measures which will bite into profit more.. So sad... shame mentally challenged players in USA still giving them 12 million a week. But the Chinese market would dwarf that.

Wonder if Microsoft likes how Blizzard are burning good will just before the take over. I wonder who gets the profits. I wonder if game will remain in place after take over.

So PvP Battlegrounds got reset on weekend and everyone got put back to bronze ranking meaning whales are fighting noobs and slaughtering them... and people think its unfair and needs to change...

No, they not thinking about it. If whales have to fight up through ranks again, all those they beat along way might spend money to upgrade that they wouldn't have before.

Constantly resetting the charts is part of plan. If non paying or people who aren't paying enough are always set against people who have better gear, it makes them spend more.

The game isn't there to just be fun, its job is to empty your wallets at every turn.
Trick is to keep you asleep long enough to not realise.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Says you and whose army?
I like my madness, it's a totally underrated state of being.

That would be how you appear to the up-facing civilized world, ie
🙃

Anyone know what the options are when 'soon' isn't soon enough?

Your madness is fine, can deal with the Irish Lucky Charms approach to life. I'm half expecting Colif to go full tilt, start knocking doors and spreading the word of Diablo: Immoral.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Need China to ban them completely and I expect market would dry up.
Every feature of this game needs to be studied and made illegal. Every way they funnel people into paying.
Mobile phone games market needs to be cleaned up. Its polluting everything else. Only thing its making better is the graphics on slot machines, but the games are still a waste of money. Companies who make slot machines also make mobile games, its not a coincidence.
Need to make all the hours of psychologists working on how to convince people to spend money, a waste of money.

gaming is too big, all the talent is being driven out and being replaced by PR and con men. Work the devs into the dust, game doesn't have to be good or even work, as long as it makes money.

As I learned more reasons why everyone should not play this game, I added comments.

Now even guide websites are closing their guides as they don't want to support this, and many streamers are moving on too. No other Diablo game has been so easily rejected. If it were a normal Diablo game, I would be posting updates of how I was going. Not so much.

As I learned more reasons why everyone should not play this game, I added comments.

Now even guide websites are closing their guides as they don't want to support this, and many streamers are moving on too. No other Diablo game has been so easily rejected. If it were a normal Diablo game, I would be posting updates of how I was going. Not so much.

Oh I seen MaxRoll.gg pull their support and guides for the game. It's truly appalling, time to boot up Lords of Destruction!

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru

COLGeek

Just a follow-up on this festering turd of a game. I have continued playing a bit to see how the game develops for someone who won't pay for anything and prefers single player mode.

Made it to Level 47. When conducting normal gameplay (single player), like typical quests and bounties, I can hold my own. As soon as I venture into where I am going up against seriously boosted actual players, I die...a lot.

Also, the game tries to force you to play with others. Not my thing (just a personal choice, nothing wrong with it, per se). This will prevent me from doing some things.

My experiment is done. Time to go back to my regularly scheduled gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS