Question All my games are locked on 5-11 FPS.

Jan 8, 2022
Visit site
No matter what I play, if it's League of Legends, if it's Friday Night Funkin, if it's Frostpunk.
It doesn't matter, everywhere I go I just get no more than 11 FPS

Also I checked my Task Manager and nothing was burning during the game, nothing was on 100%.
My GPU was the closest thing to frying but it was doing all heavy lifting only at 33% usage.

Also, my screen sometimes randomly goes black for like a second, it can happen once or twice a day. (Just wanted to point that out!)

It's really really weird because I was getting normal FPS until one time my PC decided that it wants all games at no more than 11 FPS.
Idk what to do.

(The FPS sometimes shifts between 5-11 FPS)

My PC :
CPU - Intel Core i5 650
Graphics Card - Radeon RX 560
RAM - 12 GB's

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022
Visit site
How are you measuring temps? With what app?

Unless your room is very cold, your CPU temps are rather low, especially when under load. That would imply it isn't throttling up at all.
Thanks for replying btw!
I made a screenshot and uploaded it to imgur with all the nerdy stuff!
View: https://imgur.com/a/W1YzN7U

I hope you can find anything connected here to the 11 FPS-thingy but I doubt it...
As you can see my GPU/CPU is not burdened at all by Friday Night Funking and yet it runs strictly on 11 FPS.
Sometimes it can jump to 30 just by pure luck I suppose.

COLGeek

What is the temperature of the room you are in?

You have a couple of very concerning temps showing, CPUTIN and AUXTIN, both are very high and you really shouldn't have anything that hot inside your rig.

I suspect the age of the motherboard and CPU are starting to show.

Jan 8, 2022
Visit site
My room temperature is really nice, at about 25 °C!

Reading that something near me is "very concerning" when it comes to it's temperature makes me a bit stressed out.

My motherboard model is "P7P55-M" it's from ASUSTeK Computer INC.

AUXTIN temperature is especially concerning. My fan seems to be working but I guess it's not enough?

Also I cleaned my PC very recently, formatted everything and cleaned it out of dust and stuff, Maybe when I was cleaning it out I screw something up.

Jan 8, 2022
Visit site
Hey, I recorded a vid of my PC.
It really seems like the temperatures are just made up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOnNYdLa91w

Also I showed you all of my fans XD (man idk what to do anymore)

PS. Fans in my GPU aren't turned on because it's not overheating, they automatically kick in if they need to.
So they are also working correctly, even though in video I said that they "aren't working".
English isn't my main language.

Which means... That overheating/overclocking isn't the reason why my games are all unplayable.
It has to be something else.

Also I should probably point out that... I've just launched League of Legends and I had 240 FPS.
After restarting my PC, and after launching League of Legends again... I had yet again, 5-11 FPS. (On the lowest settings possible. Everything turned off or on very low quality to increase performance.)
It's a curse.

Last edited:

COLGeek

You should have at least one rear fan to help remove hot air from the case. Those appear to be either 80mm or 92mm fan openings on the back of the case.

You airflow is quite poor as shown in your video.

I suspect that one of the components on the motherboard has failed (or is failing), given its age.

Jan 8, 2022
Visit site
Hi!
I'm only typing this because I've solved my problem.
I've downloaded an app called CPU-Z and it showed me that my GPU is called
"Default Microsoft GPU"
So if you have something like this please uninstall your drivers and install the newest version that the producent of your GPU put on the internet. (On an official website of course.)

It turns out something weird happened with my drivers and they did a lot more harm than good.
After removing the drivers manually and installing new drivers, my PC works just fine!

Peace.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru