After 30+ years of gaming, I find myself bored and alone in cyberspace.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Sad, sad moment.
Over the years all my friends that I used to play games with have moved on to other hobbies or bigger priorities. After a recent purge my friends lists are practically empty on all platforms.
Anyone interested in playing games once or twice a week? I am a casual but competitive adult gamer. Patient, well mannered, and wont throw a fit if someone has 1 bad game or 10 in a row

I don't care if you die a lot, I don't care if you are a noob or a veteran. All I really care about is that you are not an immature douche trying to play internet tough guy. its good teammates that make multiplayer the most fun.... I am not a win at all costs player, I am a fun at all costs player. I am a casual cusser, I cuss for no reason in everyday conversations - cuss words are a large part of my vocabulary, so there will be cussing... lots of it probably :ROFLMAO:. My preference is objective based\campaign co-op and PVE games... but I dabble in competitive FPS's as well - I like "control the point" type of games where the team has to work as a unit. I'm not the type to farm for loot or cosmetics - I try to avoid it, but if you play games you will inevitably find yourself grinding at some point.

I am usually on for an hour or two every weeknight and on for several hours a day during the weekends, especially in the late evenings into the early hours of the morning. Weekends are reserved for bigger games that would require a longer sit-down, and weeknights are typically quick in and out type of games since I wont be able to tear myself away from a good mission come bedtime lol.

Below are some titles, but I have around 300 total in my library

Helldivers 2 (freshly installed last night, haven't even booted it up yet)
Monster Hunter World (freshly installed last night, haven't even booted it up yet)
The Finals* (daily driver for competitive FPS at the moment)
COD (Warzone\DMZ)
Apex Legends
Destiny 2 (no expansions past Witch Queen)
Overwatch 2
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Borderlands 3 (unplayed)
Gears of War 4 and 5 (unplayed)
Outriders (mostly unplayed)
Guardians of the Galaxy (unplayed)
Diablo 3
Diablo: Immortal

Some games are not meant to be played alone, so hit me up if you want to come along on a mission sometime... IM BORED!
I usually try to schedule my game sessions a day or two ahead of time so that I can take care of the things that need to get done so I can game guilt free.... grown up stuff first

Sad, sad moment.
Over the years all my friends that I used to play games with have moved on to other hobbies or bigger priorities. After a recent purge my friends lists are practically empty on all platforms.
Anyone interested in playing games once or twice a week? I am a casual but competitive adult gamer. Patient, well mannered, and wont throw a fit if someone has 1 bad game or 10 in a row

I don't care if you die a lot, I don't care if you are a noob or a veteran. All I really care about is that you are not an immature douche trying to play internet tough guy. its good teammates that make multiplayer the most fun.... I am not a win at all costs player, I am a fun at all costs player. I am a casual cusser, I cuss for no reason in everyday conversations - cuss words are a large part of my vocabulary, so there will be cussing... lots of it probably :ROFLMAO:. My preference is objective based\campaign co-op and PVE games... but I dabble in competitive FPS's as well - I like "control the point" type of games where the team has to work as a unit. I'm not the type to farm for loot or cosmetics - I try to avoid it, but if you play games you will inevitably find yourself grinding at some point.

I am usually on for an hour or two every weeknight and on for several hours a day during the weekends, especially in the late evenings into the early hours of the morning. Weekends are reserved for bigger games that would require a longer sit-down, and weeknights are typically quick in and out type of games since I wont be able to tear myself away from a good mission come bedtime lol.

Below are some titles, but I have around 300 total in my library

Helldivers 2 (freshly installed last night, haven't even booted it up yet)
Monster Hunter World (freshly installed last night, haven't even booted it up yet)
The Finals* (daily driver for competitive FPS at the moment)
COD (Warzone\DMZ)
Apex Legends
Destiny 2 (no expansions past Witch Queen)
Overwatch 2
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Borderlands 3 (unplayed)
Gears of War 4 and 5 (unplayed)
Outriders (mostly unplayed)
Guardians of the Galaxy (unplayed)
Diablo 3
Diablo: Immortal

Some games are not meant to be played alone, so hit me up if you want to come along on a mission sometime... IM BORED!
I usually try to schedule my game sessions a day or two ahead of time so that I can take care of the things that need to get done so I can game guilt free.... grown up stuff first
As many co-op games as I play, and we only have Helldivers 2 in common. Well, I played Aliens: Fireteam Elite, but I finished that and don't want to go back to it.

The reason we don't have much in common is because I'm in my late 50's and my reflexes and brain have taken a beating thanks to all my good living. I'm absolutely terrible at Helldivers 2 and will never be able to play anything beyond the Hard difficulty, and even that is a major struggle. So basically I mostly play survival games these days like Palworld, Enshrouded, Nightingale, etc.

Reactions: Atekk920
Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
I love Fireteam Elite just cause I'm a huge fan of the Aliens IP - but it died and got old very quick for me as well. I haven't logged many hours in Helldivers 2 but it seems to have a massive online following ATM. I have no clue what I'm doing in HD2 - I only play normal and i just shoot whatever I see, but I'd be more than happy to make a run or two with you at the harder difficulties - I just usually avoid it so I don't get verbally thrashed by veteran players.

Turning 45 this year. Been sliding more towards single player RPG's as of late (currently about 65 hours deep into Witcher 3 and its AMAZING! cant believe I haven't played this before)- I just miss the good old days of clan matches and team coordination. It was nice to hop online and see 15 people in my friends list that i can just jump into a game with. I'm definitely not the "twitch shooter" player that I was in the good old days of Unreal (shout out 1998!) - but I can still have fun out there. Most of the people in the competitive or Co-Op arena are just too serious, or too immature for my tastes. I'm out there to have fun - not be be screamed at by a 13 year old about how horrible I am at the game.... trust me, I already know LMAO.

My steam name is the same as it is here and i play Helldivers 2 all the time. I wouldnt mind running that with you. I play destiny 2 as well (the expansions are free now )

If you like Diablo 3, youd like Diablo 4, imo esp. after its new season launches next week where theyve completely revamped its loot in-game. But i would wait for a sale.

I love Fireteam Elite just cause I'm a huge fan of the Aliens IP - but it died and got old very quick for me as well. I haven't logged many hours in Helldivers 2 but it seems to have a massive online following ATM. I have no clue what I'm doing in HD2 - I only play normal and i just shoot whatever I see, but I'd be more than happy to make a run or two with you at the harder difficulties - I just usually avoid it so I don't get verbally thrashed by veteran players.

Turning 45 this year. Been sliding more towards single player RPG's as of late (currently about 65 hours deep into Witcher 3 and its AMAZING! cant believe I haven't played this before)- I just miss the good old days of clan matches and team coordination. It was nice to hop online and see 15 people in my friends list that i can just jump into a game with. I'm definitely not the "twitch shooter" player that I was in the good old days of Unreal (shout out 1998!) - but I can still have fun out there. Most of the people in the competitive or Co-Op arena are just too serious, or too immature for my tastes. I'm out there to have fun - not be be screamed at by a 13 year old about how horrible I am at the game.... trust me, I already know LMAO.
My Steam name is ZedClampet if you want to send me a friend request. My son is on summer break from college. and he's been wanting to play quite a bit, so I may not have tons of time right now, but we can probably get a few runs in. Actually, you could play with us if you want. He's the reason I've been playing on Hard, otherwise I'd be on Normal or even Easy. I could probably get him to play on Normal. He's very mature and extremely patient. In all my foibles, and those are endless, he's never once lost patience. I describe his personality as sort of "a friendly physician" type. In a couple of months he'll start school again, and we don't play while he's in school, so I'll have nothing but spare time then.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Hey, same thing has happened to me. We seem similar in our game preferences and what we like. I’m not about the grind or cosmetics. Are you on the east or west coast? I am usually able to play in the evenings east coast time.
I'm on the gulf coast (south) - so an hour ahead of west and an hour behind east. I'll be online off and on this weekend.

Steam ID = ArdentMania. I'll add those of you have expressed interest - feel free to add me as well - I'll be grinding out The Witcher 3 tonight but I'm thinking tomorrow might be a good night to dig into HD2

*edit Steam name (forgot I changed it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
My Steam name is ZedClampet if you want to send me a friend request. My son is on summer break from college. and he's been wanting to play quite a bit, so I may not have tons of time right now, but we can probably get a few runs in. Actually, you could play with us if you want. He's the reason I've been playing on Hard, otherwise I'd be on Normal or even Easy. I could probably get him to play on Normal. He's very mature and extremely patient. In all my foibles, and those are endless, he's never once lost patience. I describe his personality as sort of "a friendly physician" type. In a couple of months he'll start school again, and we don't play while he's in school, so I'll have nothing but spare time then.
More than happy to run with you guys.. I added you on Steam - I'll be on HD2 tomorrow. Hunting a High Vampire as Geralt tonight!

More than happy to run with you guys.. I added you on Steam - I'll be on HD2 tomorrow. Hunting a High Vampire as Geralt tonight!
I'll see if he wants to play it this weekend. He's kind of obsessed right now with Abiotic Factor. You're welcome to join us there, but you'd be 30 hours behind, lost, confused, and susceptible to being one shot by everything. If you died and respawned back at the base, there's no way you could get back to us.

The problem is it would be impossible to catch you up because each world has limited resources, but unlimited enemies, so we're kind of on the clock. Too much goofing around, and you find yourself in a world with no supplies to craft ammo, but plenty of things that need a good shooting.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
there, I saved you some time and lots of money :)

I live in wrong planet (Australia) so won't show name :)
lol thanks for the heads up. I pulled it off my PC not too long ago, but i still have it on my mobile roster in case I need to kill 30 minutes somewhere. That's about as far as I go with it.

These days I try to not spend on any game that has season passes, cosmetics, etc... I'll take what's free. The only exception is if I really enjoy a game and have been playing a while I might grab a season pass. I bought one for OW2 after playing regularly for about a year and I'm considering getting one for The Finals as I have really enjoyed at least 1 match a day since drop, and they seem to be putting constant work into the game and listening to their fans. (they were also the only game to properly respond to REWASDgate IMO).

I'm probably WAY off topic here, please forgive me...but I just don't know anymore - the industry is so intentionally greedy. In the past I thought buying a game or season pass was a way for me to show support and appreciation for the good work that the developers, artists, etc. put into it. However it just seems like they all get mistreated, then fired (even after they put out bangers) and the money just goes to suits who don't care about the quality of the game, just how much you'll pay for it.

money just goes to suits who don't care about the quality of the game, just how much you'll pay for it

That's not only gaming, it's every industry where there are public companies from capitalist countries in the ascendancy. In USA I believe execs are legally bound to maximize shareholder RoI, and of course their personal earnings are usually closely dependent on the company's financial performance.

As a rule of thumb, when a company goes public, the focus changes from products and customers to profit and share price.

You can have the constant cut and thrust this competition causes or you can have a stagnant government-run economy. Neither is free of disadvantages.

Reactions: Atekk920
I'm probably WAY off topic here, please forgive me...but I just don't know anymore - the industry is so intentionally greedy. In the past I thought buying a game or season pass was a way for me to show support and appreciation for the good work that the developers, artists, etc. put into it. However it just seems like they all get mistreated, then fired (even after they put out bangers) and the money just goes to suits who don't care about the quality of the game, just how much you'll pay for it.
Season passes not worth the money you pay for them anymore. Maybe at start they were but everything watered down so much now so that they can make you pay more for it somewhere else. Used to get DLC for free, not anymore... Now EA wants ads in games, and Ubisoft probably still want to introduce NFT in theirs just to sell people even more nothing.

....execs are legally bound to maximize shareholder RoI, and of course their personal earnings are usually closely dependent on the company's financial performance.

You can have the constant cut and thrust this competition causes or you can have a stagnant government-run economy. Neither is free of disadvantages.
Neither of these things are true at all. But this isnt the place.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Neither of these things are true at all

Damn you gave me a start, made me check if something had changed recently! :D

Of course I should've clarified I'm talking about USA—I'll go edit that in—it may well be different in Finland or other capitalist countries. Sorry for that confusion.

ETA: I did actually limit it to USA in the original post—no matter.

this isnt the place

Tru dat—far too big a topic for a forum discussion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts